Brian Gaine Thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

I fully believe they need to bring in someone from outside this organization for the offensive side of the ball. Whether that be as an OC, or if they promote Ryan to OC as a QB coach. Just a fresh set of eyes, and fresh set of ideas to help with this offense.

It happens in all walks of life, and I'm sure many of you have experienced it before. You and a group are working on a problem, and are stuck. You know these people, you work well with these people, you have all solved many issues many times over but for whatever reason now yall are stuck. Then comes someone else from the outside, they look at it for a few moments and know how to solve it. Sometimes someone with a fresh line of thinking can find that missing puzzle piece and solve the problem

2. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

I he problem with this is, O’Brien must feel “comfortable” with whoever they bring in. He’d rather bring one of his buddies in and they learn on the job over a guy that has been doing the job and has experience. OR, he’ll “just do it himself.” I like Brian Gaine and if his first draft ( in which he was handicapped) is any indication of things going forward, We are in good shape. He can’t confuse friendship with business, or he’ll be out the door along with O’Brien.

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

What we've seen is dysfunction. The 1st season without it and the new GM unable to add premium draft talent and still finishing 11-5 tells me as talent is added good times are ahead. Will that be enough to bring a Lombardi to Kirby. Depends on how much talent is added over the next couple of yrs and Watson's development.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    TejasTom, Texas Jake, Mr teX and 2 others like this.
  4. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Tell me about the talent that started the playoff game and compare that to the talent the Colts have on the offensive side of the ball.

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I don't feel a need to discuss the lack of talent on the Texans O. I've seen the same crappy play regardless of talent. OB is just not a very creative or innovative offensive mind.

infantrycak likes this.
  6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Of course you dont

2nd most points scored in franchise history.

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

1st premier QB in franchise history.

steelbtexan likes this.
  8. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

We're five years in with the same shitty ash results and people still talking about given that style of offense a chance.

9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Hopefully

10. TejasTom

TejasTom Site Contributor

BoB just has a hard time trusting rookies. Maybe they’re not getting it done in practice.

BoB playbook is in the unique position of being complicated and unimaginative at the same time.

OptimisticTexan and infantrycak like this.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Watson won 11 games on his own and BOB lost the other 6. Do I have that correct?

12. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

No, Watson and the defense won them.

13. infantrycak

Unlike you I don't see the world as binary. But heavily leaning that way, yes.

14. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Nuk did his part

15. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Mathematically Possible

And let's not forget us - the fans, we had a hell of a season - rooted like sum b1tches. One game I yelled so hard I pulled a hamstring - but of course, the Texans medical staff sent me back in too soon and I had a compensatory injury of sore vocal cords the next game. I was pretty mad no one from the forum made the pro bowl or all pro teams.

16. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

The idiot hasn’t learned that there are things that you won’t see on the practice field. Remember when Tom Savage was the better option in 2017 because of what he saw in the practice field? Then the rookie takes over and next thing you know the Texans have the highest scoring offense in the NFL.

Take the Jordan twins for example, they’re more athletic than Ryan Griffin and catch damn near everything thrown their way, yet they saw very little action because ass jaw just doesn’t trust rookies. Hell, after 4-5 years of the same sh1t should be evidence enough that O’Brien is the one that shouldn’t be trusted!

17. Surreal McCoy

Surreal McCoy All Pro

"An army of deer commanded by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions commanded by a deer"

- Plutarch

18. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

strange analogy, but I get your point

19. infantrycak

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

We still have no clue what his offensive philosophy is. We don't know if he wants to run power or zone. He gets big guys with slow feet that lack power & a point sized speed demon with no vision & no wiggle.

He's not trying to install a rhythm passing game. Not particular to short passing game. Doesn't know the center of the field exists. Doesn't care for play action. Doesn't want a running QB, doesn't want a pocket QB...

I have no clue what he wants to do with TEs.