Brian Dawkins a Bronco

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HoustonFrog, Feb 27, 2009.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

They seem to be loading up.

I have heard this on 610 and from random print sources saying they don't have a full story yet.

http://insidetheiggles.com/2009/02/27/dawkins-a-bronco/

2. Big Poundcake

Big Poundcake Veteran

Good pick up for the Bronco's. I think he has 1 or 2 good seasons left in him.

3. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

No So fast my friend.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/buckhalter-arrington-to-denver-dawkins-not-done/

Adam Schefter
    Buckhalter, Arrington to Denver; Dawkins not done

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Brian Dawkins, Correll Buckhalter, Denver Broncos, J.J. Arrington

Contrary to published reports, free agent safety Brian Dawkins does not currently have a deal with the Broncos. However, he is en route to Denver. The Broncos do have agreements with running backs Correll Buckhalter and J.J. Arrington, according to the players’ agents.

4. Specnatz

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/dawkins-signs-five-year-deal-with-broncos/

Dawkins signs five-year deal with Broncos

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Brian Dawkins, Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles

Denver signs free agent safety Brian Dawkins to a five-year, $17 million deal that includes $7.2 million guaranteed. The contract also has escalators that could boost the value of the deal to $27 million over five years, but the deal also could be voided to two years, $9 million.

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

So you "Not so fast my friend(ed)" yourself. Do you answer your own questions? :specnatz:

6. Specnatz

Yeah I guess so. LOL I can only go by what is reported at the time of my posting. While I sit here and watch College hoops.

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

NFL Network had Sapp and McGinnis talking about the broncos and they wondered what Dawkins feels like,right about now.. comes to the team and then a blowup with the franchise QB and the potential of starting over on the offensive side of the ball. He could have stayed with McNabb.
    :specnatz:

8. Mac#5

Mac#5 Rookie

Thats what i was thinking about today. I realy feel sorry for him because hes my favorite safety and one of the good guys in the league someone id actualy be happy to see win a superbowl and know he actauly deserves it. Wish we could have signed him and let him groom Dominique Barber and which ever other safety we draft this year (William Moore... hopefully).