Brett Farve

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by MojoMan, Aug 30, 2006.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

I hope that Brett Farve's performance in Monday night's game against the Bengals is not representative of what we can expect to see from him for the rest of the season. That was one of the worst displays I have ever seen by an NFL quarterback. It would be tragic to see him go out this way.

Does anyone have a link to a good Green Bay Packers message board? I want to check in and see how they are taking this.

Thanks.

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Why not? He played like he did the whole season last year. Why would he change having 2 rookies on the line. He's going to be running for his life.

3. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I guess it's just too hard for Brett to step away just yet but he looks like he should probably go ahead and at least THINK about it.

People love watching him play though. Good or bad he's just one of those players you like to watch. Me anyway.

4. real

real Guest

I don't know who you guys were looking at but Favre looks good...The Packers suck...But Favre is still a beast....He made some mistakes, but Favre is not the problem on that team...It's their line..defensive and offensive...

5. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Seems like it was last year Brett had some games where he had 3 or 4 interceptions and just looked lost. I didn't blame him necessarily; he can only play with the hand he's dealt but that's where my comment is coming from.

I like Brett. I wish he could play forever.

6. real

real Guest

Not really lost, but he knows what kind of talent he has around him...and Brett has always been a gambler, it's just that now he doesn't have anyone that can make those gambles pay off...

7. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

It's been my opinion and still is that Brett should have retired before the 05 season. Not because he can't play, because he can, but that the team he is playing on isn't worthy of playing with him and will only diminish a great career.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

He should have requested a trade to Miami (or another team with talent), and let the Packers continue the rebuilding process without him.

I hate to see HoF players just fade away like that.

9. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

It's spelled Brett Favre

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

It sounds like Farve when people say it on television. I guess I am using a modified phonetic approach to spelling his name. Thanks for the heads up.

11. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

from KFFL
    Is he just gonna use that sarcasm / whine one liner he's used since the offseason any time someone asks him a question?

12. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

The first two years or so that he was in the league all the announcers had a hard time with it because of how it is spelled.

13. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Yeah it's one of the weirdest spellings ever. The first time I found it out I had to research it cause i was like "that can't be right....."

14. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I've never heard anybody with that last name before or since Brett.

I wonder what his ancestry is...it is an odd name.