Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brett Farve Says He's Done/Psych! Not

GP

Go Texans!
That's funny...Brett did a commercial where he was making fun of himself..Best Buy or Sears maybe..couldn't decide what TV to buy. It was sort of funny cause he couldn't (or wouldn't) make a decision.

He even realizes he's become a joke. It's as though he can't help himself!
I saw that commercial last year.

This year it should be a commercial for crack cocaine. A guy (Favre) goes up to a dealer (it's a huge football with a face and legs) and says "Come on, man. Just one more. Just ONE MORE?!?! I promise I'll quit. I will. I just need one last trip, man. That's all. Just one more, man. Come on, man. Don't do this to me, man. Just one more little trip and I'm done. I swear it. Please. Please, man. You won't ever see me again. I'm going straight, man. Just one more time and I'm done. COME ON, MAN!!! GIVE ME THE STUFF, MAN!!!!" Then Favre gets slugged in the face and lays in a pool of sewage, rainwater, and blood. Crying. The end.

gary

Hall of Fame
Bringing back Brett might have caused an unneeded circis rather than help the team only time will tell.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Favre return has makings for disastrous sequel

This year will arguably be a tougher schedule for the Vikes. As an extension of last year's feeling, I can see tempers boiling over early on and things not turning out very well.............Childress and Favre eating each other alive deflecting blame from themselves and projecting blame onto the other.
Sadly as a Favre fan I'm starting to predict this myself, but not just because of Brett and Childress. The Vikings have all sorts of stuff going on with that team right now. Harvin has hardly been practicing and is collapsing in camp, Rice is having hip problems and has contract issues to where he's only doing some drills according to other reports. This is an aging Oline that has gotten older and they had a few issues in the secondary in the later part of the year last year that weren't exactly addressed in the off season. I just don't see where the Vikings really got better in the off season to begin with and with all of these other issues going on, it looks like a recipe for a disappointing season.

WWJD

Hall of Fame
I keep reading about what a good team the Vikes will have..hmmm. And then MSN was saying this am on the home page that the Pack was a SB favorite.

I dunno...the whole league has a handful of good teams that can make some noise. Doesn't seem to be that one "can't miss" team anymore. I guess that's why they play the games.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I keep reading about what a good team the Vikes will have..hmmm. And then MSN was saying this am on the home page that the Pack was a SB favorite.

I dunno...the whole league has a handful of good teams that can make some noise. Doesn't seem to be that one "can't miss" team anymore. I guess that's why they play the games.
Did you just go Herm Edwards on us?

Showtime100

Got JJ?

Agree. Last year I said the Texans and the Niners were going to "come out of nowhere" and surprise a lot of people. This year I say the the Texans and the Niners are going to "come out of nowhere" and surprise a lot of people. This year I mean it. *cough*

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
I can't wait until this thread is titled:

Brett Favre Says He's Done/Psych! Not/Okay He Really Is Now/Nevermind Not Anymore/Retirement Papers Signed/Nope That Was Actually Contract Extension Papers

Reactions: J_R

WWJD

Hall of Fame
I can't wait until this thread is titled:

Brett Favre Says He's Done/Psych! Not/Okay He Really Is Now/Nevermind Not Anymore/Retirement Papers Signed/Nope That Was Actually Contract Extension Papers
I got a headache reading your post..that line is something else.

WWJD

Hall of Fame
Agree. Last year I said the Texans and the Niners were going to "come out of nowhere" and surprise a lot of people. This year I say the the Texans and the Niners are going to "come out of nowhere" and surprise a lot of people. This year I mean it. *cough*
I hadn't heard the Niners..who is their starter at QB anyway? I really don't know but I know David is there. He just keeps turning up.

I refuse to watch preseason in any form so I'll reserve my opinion about the Texans until the Colts game. I'd like to see how they play against the Colts. But on paper they have an excellent chance to make alot of noise. Definitely.

Kulluminatii

Veteran
I hadn't heard the Niners..who is their starter at QB anyway? I really don't know but I know David is there. He just keeps turning up.
Its Alex Smith. He did great compared to his past seasons, but I don't think its enough to push the 49ers past the first round of the playoffs. This is his do-or-die year, if he doesn't show a significant amount of improvement I can see the 49ers drafting another QB.

Showtime100

Got JJ?

I refuse to watch preseason in any form so I'll reserve my opinion about the Texans until the Colts game. I'd like to see how they play against the Colts. But on paper they have an excellent chance to make alot of noise. Definitely.
I'm married to a Niner fan. After that post she uncocked the gun to my head. Actually if it weren't for their questionable QB situation I would let the statement stand, but as it is I'm not really sure what to think of them.

WWJD

Hall of Fame
Its Alex Smith. He did great compared to his past seasons, but I don't think its enough to push the 49ers past the first round of the playoffs. This is his do-or-die year, if he doesn't show a significant amount of improvement I can see the 49ers drafting another QB.
Yea right..thanks.

WWJD

Hall of Fame
That story sure died fast about Brett sending a nasty text to some hot babe didn't it?

Or is that common with men? :)

WWJD

Hall of Fame
I'm married to a Niner fan. After that post she uncocked the gun to my head. Actually if it weren't for their questionable QB situation I would let the statement stand, but as it is I'm not really sure what to think of them.
I wondered where the sudden cough attack came from..now I know!

Kulluminatii

Veteran
That story sure died fast about Brett sending a nasty text to some hot babe didn't it?

Or is that common with men? :)
I'm still curious about whether there was any truth to that or not. I don't know why, but I have a gut feeling it was true. I could totally see Brett sending pictures of his thingwhichmustnotbenamed to girls young enough to be his daughter :mcnugget:.

WWJD

Hall of Fame
I'm still curious about whether there was any truth to that or not. I don't know why, but I have a gut feeling it was true. I could totally see Brett sending pictures of his thingwhichmustnotbenamed to girls young enough to be his daughter :mcnugget:.
I only knew of the story because I read it on here..somebody posted the girl picture.

The story just disappeared. Poof! Gone!

Shocked me..he's a big time sports star, he's married and the public feeds off stories like that.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
Hmmm.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/217150-rosenfels-behind-reported-favre-childress-tension?eref=sihp

Is Sage Rosenfels the source of a recent suggestion that Brett Favre isn't a fan of his head coach? It's hardly a stretch. He arrived via trade in 2009, with the belief he'd be competing only with Tarvaris Jackson for a shot at finally becoming an NFL starter. And it was vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman, not Childress, who championed the move to get Rosenfels. Then, Favre became available and he eventually unretired, again. Rosenfels ended up being the odd man out in 2009, making not a single game appearance for the first time since his rookie year in 2001.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I'm hoping that the Vikings cut Sage, and he re-signs with the Texans.

Rosenfels >>>> Orlovsky