Breaking News! Mario has a sports hernia.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by dalemurphy, Dec 3, 2010.

1. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Well, breaking news for some. Some assumed it, others thought it possible... I guess the breaking news is that the team has released that information. I think the Texans horribly mismanage player injuries and we have one of the worst training/medical staffs in the NFL. Here's a quick story I just posted on the subject with some links to other related stories from this off-season. I'm contacting Cloak and Dagger to continue a detailed discussion we had earlier in the off-season for a more extensive article on the subject:

Texans Bull Blog

2. Blake

Blake MMQB

Well then its time to shut him down for next season.

3. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

They could've shut him down in July or August and had him back healthy in October... Not only that, but I think this is an injury lingering from the '09 season. So, he could have had it dealt with in March and been healthy for camp. Unfortunately, none of that got down and the coaching staff and GM are fighting for their jobs. They believe a crippled Mario gives them a better chance to keep their job than a rotation that includes Tim Jamison and Mark Anderson... I disagree, actually, but this organization is always very slow to make the appropriate personnel decisions.

4. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

And all the shit talkers now look like huge assholes. Imagine that.

dc_txtech likes this.
  5. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Mario is a tough dude. He's quiet too maybe he's the one begging to play these games?

I also think Andre is still dealing with injuries himself, That last big play he caught he just didn't have the speed I expect to see out of Dre.

6. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

You can't really hold anybody responsible for down talking a guy who is not performing as he has in the past. Not unless they knew this beforehand and decided he was lazy anyway.

8.5 sacks and a sports hernia, yikes.

7. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

It's pretty good production for a guy who's hobbled. All I want for Christmas is a new coach and a healthy Mario Williams in 2011.

wagonhed likes this.
  8. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Except that he is performing as he has in the past, that is, performing very well. DESPITE this injury. Yet some people insist he sucks, has sucked since he's been here, and doesn't try. Nice.

9. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i knew that there was a reason for his play! ill admit even last night i thought maybe mario doesnt care anymore! but love live super mario! come back next year for out play off run

10. burro

burro almost sentient

:kubepalm:

If it were up to me, should we be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs - I would seat Mario and AJ for the rest of the season and let them heal up fully. We definitely need a new wellness staff for next season, no question about that.

11. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I spear-headed a lot of that discussion a few weeks ago. Not that he has always sucked, but that he was playing with a lack of effort that was infuriating... However, I also acknowledged that my opinion is based on the assumption that he is reasonably healthy. It is unfortunate that the organization handled things so badly that I actually had to hope that the top pick of the draft in 2006 was seriously injured.... yippee, I got what I was hoping for. uggh.

12. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

sit Foster as well. RBs can typically only handle so many carries in a season.

13. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Don't mind them, those are the undercover VY fan boys. Currently, they don't have anything to say about their boy b/c he's done for the season. In that regard, they just try & find any opportunity to criticize our LEGIT multi pro bowl DE.

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

I was thinking the same thing. But some of these Texans fans will turn on our stars in a heartbeat. You only have 8.5 sacks?! Corners getting sliced and diced? Mario, you asshole! Lets cut him! :bat:

Still think they need to just shut him down and get him healthy. We are done in 2010 anyhow. :pissed:

15. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I knew there was something going on with him besides the hip injury, glad it's something with a good prognosis.

16. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Shut him down asap, his long term health is more important than a shot at a couple meaningless wins down the stretch this year. His health is also certainly more important than saving someone else's job.

17. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Yep. We have been done, I first thought that right after the MNF debacle and was certain of it after the SD game.

18. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

He hasn't been able to change directions for a couple months and its obvious to me. The guy is basically the only playmaker on the defense and it sucks that he has to play hurt because of this. The guy has played hurt every year and people still rag on him. I guess its just the number one pick factor that no matter what he does it will never be good enough for some people.

19. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I'm not so sure of the "good prognosis". Sports hernias are tricky things and, especially since they have been treating it all season with steroidal shots, they may have done further damage to it. I've got a call into CloaknDagger and am in the midst of some other research as well... but, he may be damaged goods, at this point.

20. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

No, it's the very pedestrian performance. When the team asserts that he's healthy and fans watch him simply engage TEs and stand still on consecutive plays in big games, some fans are going to think he's not giving good effort. That is something fans care about. I sure do.