Breaking news:Gary Kubiak will be named head coach

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by LCOOL, Jan 13, 2006.

1. LCOOL

LCOOL Rookie

ESPN news just reported that Gary Kubiak will be the head coach of the texans

2. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

good. let's get the rest of the staff together now.

3. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

I haven't turned on the TV yet but that seems imposible. We're supposed to only interview him. It's gotta be pure speculation. Although they are 99.9% right, there is that .01% because it's against the rules to hire a coach from a team that is still involved with their team in the playoffs.

Don't believe everything ESPN says. They said we were taking Bush before he declared and when we don't even have a coach. They don't get down here much. Trust me, when UT won the CHampionship they must've been a little pissed because the whole city of LA turned off the TV.

4. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

irresponsible journelism, they should have at least waited until after the Bronco game out of respect for all parties involved. its already widely known that Gary will be the next coach but there is a time and place for everything and this is not it. I really hope that the Broncos win & keep winning :redtowel:

5. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

This has to be the oldest breaking news in history. Every Chronicle writer and media outlet in the city has broken this news already. What next, the Berlin Wall is coming down?

6. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

just because we are going to hire him doesnt mean he is officially our head coach yet.

i forgot the poster, but he said it would eventually be leaked out that he would be our next HC

7. LCOOL

LCOOL Rookie

I agree but this time they might be right, We will see the headlines all night. Mortensen was wrong about Parcells retiring, so I see were you are coming from.

8. SnakeOilTanker

SnakeOilTanker Veteran

happens all the time everyone knew Weiss and Romeo where leaving before the Pats season was over. Dont get ur panties in a wad

9. daveebarb

daveebarb Rookie

its was just on sportscenter

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I think he should stand on the sideline at the next game with a Texans hat on. :redtowel:

11. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Where have ya'll been for the last week. Living under a rock in Arizona somewhere? :ok:

12. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

officially or just rumored? cause I don't think they can do that yet wit the Broncos still alive?

13. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

C'mon. That'll never happen without a major nuclear war.

14. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

All that is being reported is that Gary Kubiak is unofficially our next HC. He cannot be officially named HC until his current team is no longer playing. It was also reported that if the Broncos go to the SB that Kubiak would be reevaluated, due to the evaluation of draft and Free agent prospects that would be missed, and the overall availability of staff. It is a happy day in Texans land, and not something that most people did not already know.

15. LBblitz

LBblitz Veteran

"No way...WE LANDED ON THE MOON!" -from dumb and dumber

16. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Bad. Let's get ready for a string of double-digit losse seasons.

17. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Where in the heck do you get that idea? Kubiak would be a disaster as head coach of this team.

18. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

More evidence that our local journalists are more "in the know" about the Texans than the folks in Bristol.

19. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Damn did you guys hear? Houston was awarded the 32nd NFL Franchise. Wow...just wow!

20. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

ESPN.com is also reporting that the Texans have decided to hire me as their QB coach. Seeing as though how my QBs in Madden always seem to average around 45-50 touchdowns a year on the hardest All-Madden setting. The Texans went through several other candidates according to ESPN.com, but they chose me because the Texans felt like I would be able to maximize either VY or David Carr's talents to the fullest. ESPN is also reporting that I have started working on QBs throwing motion and studying them intensely by playing Madden 05 (don't like '06) and studying David Carr's mechanics and by creating a player similar to Vince Young. ESPN also mentions that I am supremely confident that whoever is our QB next year, they will put up enormous earth shattering numbers. After this season I will become such a hot property that NFL teams will fork over multiple first round picks for years and NFL owners will be begging at my feet. According to ESPN, rumor has it there are some owners and GMs already interested in me. So, what do I have to say to all of this? Just one thing: Thanks ESPN!