Break out the paper bags again

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Bullpen Drew, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

Put them on your head at the next game, because we still suck!:bag:

Luv_ya_blue likes this.
  2. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

I would rather put on a TEXAN:homer: mask GO TEXANS!!!!

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

You wear a paper bag if you want to. I think I'm going to find me some tickets if I can. This time next week we'll be 1-2 and everyone will be talking about how we're going to stomp the crap out of the Dolphins before the bye.

I don't really think you have to be optimistic all the time. I know I'm not. I don't think it adds anything to the quality of the board to just post "We Suck" threads though. Who wants to read twenty threads of "We Suck" when they come here?

The two teams we just finished losing to are going to probably be in their respective conference championship games. They're going to beat a lot of people this year and if we get better every week then by the last 4 games of the season I doubt anyone will even care about these two weeks.

4. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

When they start putting a streak together don't jump on the bandwagon:fans:

5. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

I found the paper bag brigade in poor taste last season, and even more so this season.

Fans don't wear bags. Fans wear smiles, painted faces, goofy get ups, etc.

To each his/her/their own, but I don't fancy putting my Texans pride in a brown paper sack. Even when we have days like this.
    :fans:

6. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

Lost your faith after 2 games, what was you really expecting, bro? Two playoff teams showed us we still have work to do, but we are not the only 0-2 team ya know. Bring your brown bag to the next game, I betcha you be the only FOOL who will regret doing that.:redtowel:

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Can you just wait until October? If you can't do it for Texan nation, think about the kids. The kids.

8. Scooter

Scooter Funky

sorry, i drank the coolaid this season so no paper bags in my future. i knew we were going to be bad last year before the season started so i'm not going to make light of anyone's pessimism, but i certainly feel that we can make a legitimate run as the season progresses. i understand the knee jerk after a loss, but it's a little soon to write off the season just because last year left a couple scars.

9. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

No paper bags, not yet. After we loose to Washington next week and we are 0-3 we get to go to Miami! Knowing our Defense this will be Cullpeppers coming out party LOL!! 0-4 then it is the Jags and Cowboys! I hope we can beat Miami, if so we might be 1-5 heading into Tenn. If Vince young is starting by then I hate to say it but we might be up 1-6 after the Titans!

10. Honch Delgado

Honch Delgado Veteran

I'm suddenly reminded of Mrs Lovejoy from The Simpsons, "Won't anyone please think of the children?!?" Nice avatar BTW, Roddy, Keith, John, and THEY LIVE rule!

11. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

Wow, I'm surprised Drew.

12. Cruuuuuuuz

Cruuuuuuuz Veteran

Waaaaay to early for paperbags! We could easily be 2-2 by week 4.

13. texman8

texman8 Veteran

Good Points. People need to realize Texans have played 2 of the best teams in NFL. Yeah...we can rant about our lousy defensive play or lack of running game or pass protection. Oh, Carr bashers....keep on..keep on. He's actually done a decent job except for the fumbles.

Redskins are coming in next week; they're having problems with their offense...hopefully, defense can step up and turn things around.

So, Drew...if you want to "jump ship" or throw the Texans "under the bus"...go ahead.... "true fans " don't do it.

Man....how we would be feeling if we played Saints' schedule of Browns and Packers?

14. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

With paper bags over their faces, chances are they won't know when that happens :)

15. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Yeah I'm on this band wagon. It's going to take some time. Twenty months of Carr bashing and knashing of teeth will seperate the fans from the trolls. No bag for me. Still wearing my Texan's stuff. Still gotta a good chance at four or five wins. Sweep the thumb tacks, it's a good year.

16. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Did you break both ankles or just one when you jumped?

17. Texican

Texican Rookie

If you must wear the paper bags can you do it outside the stadium and sell your ticket to someone who is a true fan and sticks by the team no matter what happens

I was at the game yesterday and we stayed till the end no matter the outcome because we believe in the team

We talked to the colts fans around us and they let us know it will turn around for us as they were bad for a long time before they started to win.

But if yo must wear your bag please let a fan use your seat Hell PM me and I will buy your season tickets out and put them to good use
    i know of couple of fans that will be happy to go to the games

GO TEXANS!!

Josh

18. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Were you talking about Joe Texan? He he!

19. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Hey man where wer you, no show at the Saxon, did you leave town?

20. CenTexNative

CenTexNative Veteran

All I'll say is that I am a fan of the TEXANS and will always be. No matter what record they have. I think it's pretty *******y for you supposed fans that feel you have to be ashamed of the team you supposedly like. Be a real fan of STFU. That's all i'll say.

Have a nice day

texflex513 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.