Branden Albert A Texan?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Ali4Real, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Ali4Real

Ali4Real Guest

2. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

He would be a good pick but doubt he is still there. I like the fact that he has played against an individual talent like Chris Long practice after practice during his time in college. Long brings a lot of technique in his play so Albert has probably seen quite a few 'NFL' moves during his time playing opposite Long at Virginia.

I can't believe the draft is less than a week away. Probably my favorite NFL day other than Opening Day, Titans v Texans weeks, and the Playoffs. This year's offseason is moving along a lot faster than last years...at least it seems that way to me. Next thing you know the Texans are going to be in training camp. This year should be a great year and I love the fact that we seem to have addressed Center pre-draft.

3. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

You might want to go over the 2008 NFL Draft forum and read all the Brandon Albert stuff. He has been discussed over there for a while now.

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Absolutely.
    Absolutely.

With that said, he will probably get selected anywhere from #5 - #18, I don't see how he would slip past our pick.

5. Spled

Spled All Pro

I think the only one of the top ol's who may drop to us would be Otah.

6. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

I like him more than Chris Williams. But to answer your questions -- yes and yes.

7. TexansMVP

TexansMVP Probowler

Albert's stock has definitely shot up during the past couple of weeks and some of the mocks on ESPN actually have him going as high as the 5th pick to the Chiefs.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Ive said in the other threads .... I think Albert is the best OL in this draft . I'd be doing backflips if the Texans could land him ..... But I dont see him lasting to 18

9. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Mike Mayock has him going at #5. IMO, I highly doubt that he will go that high, but I also doubt he gets to 18. I suspect we will need to be at about the 11-12 range to have a shot at either Albert or Williams. Would we do that...........not sure, but we all know we need an LT badly.

10. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

I wish he would fall to us, but i just don't see it possible.

11. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

He is an inch short of proto type size and his arms are a bit short. What he is is the most athletic o-lineman in the draft at that size. He can cover four of the five o-line positions. He moves like a cat. and he burries people on the second level when he executes blocks in space. If he is still on the board at the eighteen you kill yourself tring to get the card up as quickly as you can. No matter who is still on the board, you make the pick.

12. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

With him shooting up the draft boards, it gives us at least ONE more chance at Chris Williams. Maybe a team like Chicago, Carolina or Denver will consider him before Williams. Maybe not.

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

don't forget about New England, in my veiw depending on who is available the most likely to take him early. they like their linemen to be versatile & able to play more than one positon which is Alberts mo.

14. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Chris Williams could fall if what Lance Z says the word on the street about Williams is is true. Lance is pretty darn reliable.

14. Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
    Z-Report Says: Word on the streets is that Williams has a back issue that could cause him to come off of some teams boards. If that is the case, he could fall.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/texansnfl/

15. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

Boy, that's pretty much the definition of bitter-sweet news. I'd like to know what kind of back problems he's having.

16. Polo

Polo Guest

Not impressed at all with Albert as a football player...

Don't know if I caught the right highlight, but a zebra don't change it's stripes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0icShpz5_XI&feature=related

The guy looks lost on the second level and a little soft...

Love the guys athleticism, but he's playing guard in these highlights and he's doing a lot of whiffing and playing patty cake with defenders...Guys he should cream he's not getting kill shots on...

Color me very un-impressed. I hope the Texand don't take this guy.

17. Polo

Polo Guest

Looks a little lazy to me too...

18. Polo

Polo Guest

Looks a little bit better here against Miami : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgwao29NuE&feature=related

But overall, I'm not really impressed...

Not a very physical player...Will get physical on occasion, but for the most part not a physical guy..

Pass protection is really suspect...REALLY SUSPECT....

Not overly good at making blocks on the second level...Whiffs a lot...not real aggressive...

Don't see how this guy is a good fit for us at all...

19. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Thats true, but I think a more pressing need for Evil England is LB. Their LB corp outside of Thomas is old and brittle. A player like Keith Rivers would be a very good pick for them.

20. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

a smart guy on the dolphins board on Albert:
    has 'em as the 6th best player in the draft.