Brand New Mock

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by F-minus67, Mar 4, 2005.

1. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

1. 49ers - QB Aaron Rogers
    2. Dolphins - RB Cedric Benson
    3. Browns - WR Mike Williams
    4. Bears - LB Derrick Johnson
    5. Bucs - RB Carnell Williams
    6. Titans - OT Alex Barron
    7. Vikings - WR Braylon Edwards
    8. Cardinals - RB Ronnie Brown
    9. Redskins - DE David Pollack
    10. Lions - S Thomas Davis
    11. Cowboys - LB Shawne Merriman
    12. Chargers - WR Mark Clayton
    13. Texans - DE Marcus Spears
    14. Panthers - TE Heath Miller
    15. Chiefs - CB Antrel Rolle
    16. Saints - LB Kevin Burnett
    17. Bengals - DT Travis Johnson
    18. Vikings - LB Channing Crowder
    19. Rams - CB Pac Man Jones
    20. Cowboys - WRTroy Williamson
    21. Jaguars - CB Brandon Browner
    22. Ravens - DE Erasmus James
    23. Seahawks - Justin Miller
    24. Packers - DE Dan Cody
    25. Broncos - DE Shawn Cody
    26. Jets - OT Jammal Brown
    27. Falcons - OT Adam Terry
    28. Chargers - S Brodney Pool
    29. Colts - CB Marlin Jackson
    30. Steelers - LB Matt Roth
    31. Eagles - G Elton Brown
    32. Patriots - LB Odell Thurman

Feel free to give me some feed back on this.

2. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Ummm..so where does Alex Smith from Utah go? Second round? He has a top 3 grade on him and wouldn't last past Cleveland.

3. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

I for one will be really upset if we spend our first round pick on a guy who isnt going to start. I think Payne being re-signed means that Spears isnt an option. And ditto on Alex Smith, he will be atleast first half of the first round.

EDIT: and I think Browner's combine numbers dropped him the to very bottom of the first round atleast, more than likely second round.

4. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Well it seems pretty fair, but I really can't see Clayton being the 3rd WR off the board. I think Williamson performed well enough to put himself as the 3rd WR in the draft. I'm assuming you forgot about Smith. I can't see Pollack going that high, and being the 1st DE taken. Seems to me the Redskins might lean towards a WR with the departure of Coles. I think it's pretty likely that we'll have at least one CB go in the top 10 or 13 picks. I don't think Heath Miller would go that high, but you never know what can happen on draft day. So overall its a pretty good look, but I'm not sure any mock draft is going to be 100% right on draft day. If you get 60 or 70% of the picks right then you're doing great.

5. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Kelly Holcomb

the Browns should select OT Alex Barron. Smith could wind up almost anywhere in the top 10, I would watch for those teams who bring him in for private workouts that impress.

6. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Then we are limited to OT, WR, and TE if that is your criteria. I disagree.

7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

depending on who is still available when the Texans select I'm seriously leaning to Texas own Jammal Brown. the Texans must find a way to protect David Carr above all other BPA needs, this guy is a stud & immediate starter for the Texans if selected.

8. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

I'm not as high on Smith as other people are, he has only had one good year and I think he is a product of Urban Myers system. And I forgot about he so if I redid it he would probably go to the Packers, because I think that Romeo in Cleveland will go after a WR since he has Holcomb and McCown and their best WR is Bryant. And with Clayton, he was better than Williamson in college and played against better compotition. And if we get Spears he will most likely play everywhere on the line like Ty Warren did with the Patriots.

9. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Ok, well if you say Smith had ONLY one good season...then I guess you have extremely high stadards.

His 2003 Stats:
    2003-Second-team all-MWC quarterback had offensive player of the year stats ... only three-time MWC Offensive Player of the Week ... "special mention" sophomore All-American by College Sports Report.com ... first-team all-MWC pick of College Football News ... after becoming the starter on Sept. 11 vs. Cal, he led Utah to a 9-1 record ... completed 64.8% of his pass attempts, best in the MWC and second-best in school history ... finished in the top two in the league in pass efficiency (152.35) and total offense (245.4 ypg) ... 152.35 pass efficiency ranks No. 2 all-time at Utah ... third in the MWC in passing yards per game (204.3) ... finished 12th in the nation in pass efficiency and 32nd in total offense ... ranked second in the nation in touchdown to interception ratio (5:1) ... just 3 interceptions in 266 pass attempts ... threw 180 straight passes without a pick at one point in the season ... Utah's second-leading rusher had 149 carries for 452 yards (3.0 yards per rush) and 5 touchdowns ... averaged 41 ypg rushing ... in MWC games only, led the league in pass efficiency and total offense and ranked second in passing yards per game ... career-high 340 yards passing vs. Oregon .... 297 passing yards vs. Air Force and 296 vs. Wyoming ... career-best 97 rushing yards vs. UNLV, 89 vs. Air Force, 76 vs. Wyoming and 71 vs. California ... caught a pass for 17 yards vs. UNLV ... CoSIDA first-team academic all-District VIII ... academic all-MWC.

10. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Sorry, I was only aware of what he had done last year.

11. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I don't think Mark Clayton, Carnell Williams, Mike Williams, and David Pollack will go that high. I think Ronnie Brown will be the first RB taken.

12. Blake

Blake MMQB

Then why did you say he ONLY had one good year, if you didnt even know what he had done the years before this one? Maybe you should have looked that up before you make a statement like that.

13. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Yeah, and we all know how Alex Smith was such a house hold name before this year.

14. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

That's how big a joke the draft is. After the 2003 season, all you'd hear were "Whoooo Andrew Walter is going #1 overall when he comes out!", now after last season, he's a 3rd-4th rounder. Dan Orlovsky(IMO will be the best pro of the class) goes from a 3rd rounder before the Senior Bowl to a 5th rounder because he was sick. Look at the guy named Brady...

And beerlover...Kelly Holcombe signed with Buffalo...Cleveland still needs a QB.

15. ComstockLode

ComstockLode Veteran

I thought I might throw in, that it doesnt matter what you guys think of Alex Smith, it matters what the teams and scouts do. He will go top 5 picks for sure.

Also, no way Derrick Johnson goes to the bears, thats about the only position they dont have needs at.

16. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

Actually, SLB is the ONLY need on the Bears defense. They have a fine young line, good set of DBs and have only one missing piece to their LB core.

17. ColdSteelBlue

ColdSteelBlue Veteran

Read on ESPN that Holcomb went to Buffalo

18. pilottim

pilottim Rookie

He was getting owned all day by Shaun Cody on Jan 5.

He doesn't have enough experiance at OL. He gets beat alot when he goes against top competition. Good college OL, bad Pro OL.

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I would only hope that if this scenario would play out like this on draft day.. we trade down a couple of spots IF a good deal presented itselft..... esp with Rolle,pacman jones available.

20. ComstockLode

ComstockLode Veteran

From what I understand, there secondary needs work, and their offensive line, quarterback situation, and wide recievers all need upgrading. You dont have your whole defense shored up, if you do that bad during the season.