Brady VS Manning

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by stingray, Jan 14, 2007.

1. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Who is the Best QB in the League? It's between these two. I think it's Brady. He just finds a way to win. They remind me of Montana Vs Marino. One had all the Stats but the Other had the Rings. What do you guys think?

shinerbock_girl likes this.
  2. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

3. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

I rather say its Belichick vs Manning....

4. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

I agree, Brady just finds ways to win..

5. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Having a LT that can dominate Shawn Merriman and an offensive line that keeps the top sack team in the league at bay certanly helps. Mcree gave the Pats that win with the fumble.

6. torontooilfan

torontooilfan All Pro

Doesn't matter.

Both teams nauseate me. Manning nauseates me a tad more, so I'll root for the frickin Pats, then pray that the NFC wins against all odds in three weeks.

7. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

I agree at some level with your statement, but overall, the Chargers are more talented and have the Best Running Back in the League. But i never thought that the Patriots were out of it. It just seemed that Brady would pull it out someway, somehow.

8. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

I'd take Brady in a heartbeat and not just 'cos of the SB rings. He has shown that you don't have to have great receivers around you or a total stud at RB like Tomlinson or Alexander (no offence to Corey Dillon). He just has a coaching staff with a great gameplan and a group of guys who are willing to put their bodies on the line 'cos they believe he can deliver them a win and who are willing to do the same for the coaching staff...

He has shown he can do what he did today in both the playoffs and the regular season is why I would take him over Manning. He just always seems super cool and never flustered (Memo: David Carr)!

9. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

that's 1 out of 12 wins.

10. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

I'd say that in terms of pure talent, you have to go with Manning. He sees things that most QBs just don't. But in general, I have to choose Brady. He's done so much with so many different people that it's hard to say Manning's better with just having Harrison.

11. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I would'nt say they kept them at bay ... I thought that they hurried Brady all day . In the end it's what you do when the games on the line .

12. real

real Guest

I think Manning is a very talented QB, but give me the QB that has shown he can consistently make plays when they are needed most.

13. OrangeCountyTexansFan

OrangeCountyTexansFan Veteran

Manning is the better quarterback. Brady has the better all-around team. Should be an interesting game. Please don't hate me, but I'm rooting for the Colts. Just because I hate, make that HATE, HATE, HATE the Patriots!
    (Did I mention that I hate the Patriots?)
    When :pigfly: is the day I root for New England in anything.

The Dream likes this.
  14. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Brady already has 24 4th qtr. comebacks in his career. Dude is just nails when it counts the most. Go Pats! (I hate the Colts)

15. Snapple

Snapple Veteran

The best QB in the NFL is whoever is the Texans' backup on any given year, m i rite?

16. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Tom Brady. No doubt. My favorite NFL player. Man just finds ways to win and put his team in position for the win. He still doesn't get the respect he deserves.

17. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

If Manning had played on that Pats team for the past 6 years, do you think the Pats would still have won those Super Bowls?

If Brady had been the QB of the Colts with all those defenses, do you think the Colts would have taken the Patriots' place?

18. ROCKY

ROCKY Rookie

As much as I hate to say it, this is Peyton's year. Brady is an AMAZING QB, he has proven to be one of the greatest ever to play the game. But the Patriotts have done this with smoke and mirrors. With a chance to go to the big game, exercise the patriots demon in front of his home crowd, and the chance to take the title from his daddy's team??? it's too perfect.

I have heard Archie tell stories about how embarrassed Peyton used to be, with the saints being losers at the time, he was taunted, and he was resentful of all the bs his dad took at the hands of the saints fans. This is where he comes full circle.

No-one expected this, it's voodoo vs destiny.

Now the saints and colts have to go out and make it happen, because a pats-bears matchup looks like crap.

19. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

This is pretty close to my take. Manning has everything you look for in a QB, except the ability to win big games. Brady allows new england to neglect their skill positions and place more emphasis on defense because they can rely on Brady making something out of nothing every year. Manning's a HOF'er but he has had some of the best offensive players in the league helping him every year. If Manning can get it done and win a superbowl, then it'd be a very interesting debate.

20. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

2nd ranked scoring D...and its 14 wins at this point. Brady is a great QB, but he is surrouned by possibly the best coaching staff, a very underrated defense, very good O-line, and the Pats historicaly get a little help from the refs when it matters. I think that if you swap Peyton and Brady's careers, then Manning would end up with the Superbowls and Brady would be the one holding the records because it takes a complete team to win a superbowl and the Colts have never really had that.