Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by thefuture17, Sep 18, 2006.

1. thefuture17

thefuture17 Rookie

Does anyone still think he has a chance to win heisman and do you think hell still be the # 1 player taken in the draft?

2. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

Well I think with Troy Smith playing an easier schedule then Quinn, he was never going to win the heisman because Smith would have the better stats. After that game I don't think theres even a slight chance he wins it now. As for him being the number one pick, it just depends on what the team with the first pick needs. I think he will be the first QB taken. But I think he will at least be the number 2 pick in the draft. Either him or Adrian Peterson will go first.

3. Heywood

Heywood Veteran

the nonsense about SOS is ridiculous- BQ has never played well against top-flight NFL-caliber athletes. michigan has those, in abundance. yours BQ, for size.

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I say he just lost it. Troy Smith is the only QB that comes to mind that seems likely to get the Heisman. I like Adrian Peterson for the award though. He IS OU.

5. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

Are you kidding me? Yeah, last year his worst game was against Michigan. That was probably his only bad game. Look at the teams he played against. USCs Defense didnt have NFL caliber players? Give me a break. His O line didnt protect him last game and thats the exact same reason everyone thinks that David Carr sucks.

6. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Quinn would not have won the Heisman anyways, but won't for sure now. I also dislike ND and their hype. Troy Smith won't win either, he will split his votes with teammate Ginn Jr.

Peterson will win it with some competition from Slayton.

On a side note, I like JaMarcus Russle as a draft and sit a year or two QB. He is out of LSU at 6'6, 250lbs. He has the speed of Vince, but is MUCH more developed as a QB and passer. He doesn't quite have Vince's vision when running, but has close to the same ability in that regard while embaressing Young with his arm. Russle has one of the best arms in all of football. Period. He can make every throw with touch and zip. He is the QB I want to draft.

bigcarlos likes this.
  7. TexansCanes

TexansCanes All Pro

I love Jamarcus but he isn't even close to vince when it comes to running ability. In fact, in the three years i've watched him play the longest gain he has running maybe 15 yards. However, he has made great strides in his QB play since last year and has really impressed me. He is making better decisions with the ball which was the one thing missing. He might be the most gifted QB in the nation and finally starting to show it, if only Jimbo would let him air it out some more.

8. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

He can still win it, but its not very likely. Almost every year the favorite at the front is not the one that wins it in the end.

9. Snapple

Snapple Veteran

After seeing Quinn against Michigan and now Michigan State, please, PLEASE let's not take him.

I don't care if he puts up the best combine numbers in history. You don't want a QB who pisses his pants at the first signs of a competant defense.

10. mexican_texan

He just shut you up. Nice throw.

Edit: Rescinded...

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

lol wanna rescind that?

12. Snapple

Snapple Veteran

lol No he didn't. Nice easy defensive TD right there.

13. mexican_texan

Oh my...anyone still thinks he should be first overall? I found the OK State v. UH game. Michigan State already won.

14. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i dont think he goes #1, i think adrian peterson will get the big check in april
    i think troy smith will be drafted before quinn, and maybe even Drew Stanton

15. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I'm going with Calvin Johnson at #1. BEAST.

16. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

If, and I do mean IF Oakland picks first, Brady Quinn will be wearing the Silver and Black. No team needs a 1st round QB as bad as Oakland does. It is almost written in stone... No matter how bad he does. I remember a young QB who got outplayed in many games in College and wasn't projected to do much in the NFL. Allot of teams passes on him and took other QB's instead.

His name was Dan Marino.

No I am not comparing at all, just stating a fact...

17. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Quinn has played himself out of the Hiesman, probably out of the top 10 and seems to be working on playing out of the 1st round. Good job.

18. Snapple

Snapple Veteran

And this is why Michigan State will never be anything more than eternal choke artists. I still cannot believe they did that. Staton was like 1 of 9 with 3 picks in the second half. One pick was called back, but it was a pick.

Unbelievable. And now Notre Dame has a creampuff schedule all the way to the USC game. They can coast.

19. thefuture17

thefuture17 Rookie

i think brady played great at the end today and maybe cuz of his performance at the end gave him a lil shot at the heisman

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Brady Quinn can forget the Heisman........ he needs to continue to play like he did in the fourth Qtr, just to stay in the top 10 of the draft.