BR:Houston Texans Look to Get Creative with Playcalling

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, May 11, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/172315-houston-texans-look-to-get-creative-with-playcalling

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Yep, what we have been talking about for months. I really don't care which sets up the other as long as it is successful. As we all know, the run game eats up clock and keeps your defense on the field; with our new defense, players, coaches and schemes, we will be okay. Now that we have a big strong RB that we know can get that extra yard or score from inside the RZ, I just want to get down the field quickly and SCORE!

3. Polo

Polo Guest

Who is that?

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Oh you know! It is the TE we got in the 5th who is versatile or Chris Brown or that guy UFA who would have been a 2nd round selection if he did not get injured. I mean we did give him a 2 year contract and that should be worth a few touch downs. Or if we really luck out, Denver can cut someone and that reject could be OUR guy! Cause we know that Kubes can just plug any old running back in and get a thousand yards. I mean the choices are versatile! You know! That guy!

5. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I like the philosphy that says you pass to score and you run to win. It's kind of self explanatory - build a lead using your arial attack and then grind out the win using the ground game to eat the clock.

6. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I don't disagree, but realistically, if you're good enough to run the ball in the fourth quarter against a team that knows you're going to run, you ought to be able to run it on them at any time during the game. Unless maybe you just have them worn out by the fourth quarter...

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I agree with an occasional draw play or catch'em sleeping and Andre torches by the CB for a long one.

8. Polo

Polo Guest

Good point.

Its rare that a team has a dominant passing game and dominant running game. It happense, but most times offenses are defined by one or the other.

This offense is not this offense if we are passing to set up the run. If we want to do that then I think we need to get rid of Matt Schaub because he isn't that kind of QB.