Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Boys' Suck And It's All Wades Fault

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
"Don't blame defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

Don't blame head coach Jason Garrett.

Don't blame quarterback Tony Romo.

Blame Jerry Jones.

If you're looking to blame someone for the Dallas Cowboys' debacle that was a 34-7 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday night, look to the top: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

The Cowboys were completely outclassed on national television. The Eagles did whatever they wanted, offensively and defensively, until disinterest finally set in.

There were so many breakdowns, it's impossible to point the finger at any one player or coach. Instead, point the finger a little higher. In the direction of the owner's box.

This loss had Jerry Jones' fingerprints all over it. It was a throwback to the Wade Phillips era when the Cowboys often played like a team completely unprepared.

Guess who called all the shots during the Phillips era? Jones."
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/10/31/11/Blame-for-Cowboys-debacle-goes-to-the-to/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=593294&feedID=3742

Looks like our ol 'country boy’ D coach just might have snookered old Jerruh.

Probably decided, well shucks its your team and I’ll just follow orders (and take your money) even though you don’t have a clue what you are doing.

Looks like Jerruh vastly overrated Jason Garrett and Rob Ryan.

Boys and their fans deserve each other.

:coffee:

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
Rob Ryan has never been anything but average as a Defensive Coordinator. His brother's reputation and success is making him overrated.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
the only thing that could've topped cruising the titans mb after us stomping them out was cruising the cowboys mb after they got curb-stomped.....talk about comic relief...

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
the only thing that could've topped cruising the titans mb after us stomping them out was cruising the cowboys mb after they got curb-stomped.....talk about comic relief...
Got a link to the site. I usually dont visit other sites but I think I would like to go read about their misery.

Character flaw, I know.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's threads like this that make people think Houston has an inferiority complex.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
It's threads like this that make people think Houston has an inferiority complex.
And we should care what people, especially boys fans, think?

Its a Dullas article more or less bashing Wade, excuse me if I choose to come to his support.

I am from PA and I know PA is cowboy country, only has a few Texan fans and I suppose most of them are counterfeit.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
Are you sure? You speaking for all Dullas fans? Just asking.

Lived in Dallas for 12 years. Just speaking for the people I know and the general attitude of the fans up there. In general, they're probably sympathetic to the Texans, if anything. There is no rivalry from their point of view. Also, don't confuse a Cowboy fan in Dallas with a Cowboy fan in Houston (or anywhere else for that matter). People who are Cowboys fans in Houston, unless they're from Dallas, are probably also Lakers (or now Heat) and Yankees fans.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
Its a Dullas article more or less bashing Wade, excuse me if I choose to come to his support.

As far as the article goes, I think it's fairly accurate. Wade did do whatever Jerry told him to do up in Dallas. Jerry runs the show up there, and only people with real charisma will be able to stand up to him. It's also not going to happen again because he's not going to hire another Parcells. Dallas is the new Oakland.

Wade wasn't one of those people, and for what it's worth, I'm glad it worked out the way it did, so we can have a kick ass DC.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
And we should care what people, especially boys fans, think?

I am from PA and I know PA is cowboy country, only has a few Texan fans and I suppose most of them are counterfeit.

I'm just saying.

Funny story though, I woke up this morning, & normally Monday's I wear Texans' Red, win, lose, or draw. Today, I felt like wearing gray, so I grabbed a gray shirt.

It just happens to be the "Cowboys Still Suck" shirt I bought for last year's Cowboy game. I thought I would wear it just that one day, but I've found a new use for it.

You wouldn't believe the reactions I've been getting from this shirt today... one guy wanted to fight (till he saw it made no difference to me). But I've experienced the thrill from the guys who love any team playing Dallas, the apathy from the guys waiting for Jerruh to go to that great Front Office in the sky, to the anger from the guys who live through the Cowboys.

I don't hate the Cowboys. I acknowledge them & enjoy watching them, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. I don't know half the guys on their team.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
I didn't get the impression at all that the author was dogging Wade Phillips. I got the impression he was describing a period where Jones was entirely responsible for what went wrong and he was pointing to Wade Phillips as an example of an approach to this by the Head Coach that would not work for Garrett. It's a rare individual who can work for someone like Jerry Jones and at the same time stand up to them and win. Even then you're on a timer because he's only got so much patience for being stood up to. Eventually he'll "Jimmy Johnson" you out of his way and do what he wants.

Wade chose to not get in the way of the man who called the shots because he's not one of those rare individuals. I don't think his daddy was either really. They are the kind of guys who just let the fool do what he wants, make the best of it, and move on when they're fired.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
I didn't get the impression at all that the author was dogging Wade Phillips. I got the impression he was describing a period where Jones was entirely responsible for what went wrong and he was pointing to Wade Phillips as an example of an approach to this by the Head Coach that would not work for Garrett. It's a rare individual who can work for someone like Jerry Jones and at the same time stand up to them and win. Even then you're on a timer because he's only got so much patience for being stood up to. Eventually he'll "Jimmy Johnson" you out of his way and do what he wants.

Wade chose to not get in the way of the man who called the shots because he's not one of those rare individuals. I don't think his daddy was either really. They are the kind of guys who just let the fool do what he wants, make the best of it, and move on when they're fired.

"It was a throwback to the Wade Phillips era when the Cowboys often played like a team completely unprepared."

That's the statement I took umbrage with, just seemed like a dig at our D coach.

Your last sentence pretty much summarized what I think too.

TEXANRED

Texan-American
It's an inferiority complex if they don't give a **** (which they don't)
We don't either.

Watching the Dallas Cowboys is a lot like watching Jerry Springer. You know it's bad programming, you know it's run by scum bags and trash, you even know it's going to end poorly for someone who gets punched in the face. But that doesn't prevent you from tuning in week after week.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
"It was a throwback to the Wade Phillips era when the Cowboys often played like a team completely unprepared."

That's the statement I took umbrage with, just seemed like a dig at our D coach.

Your last sentence pretty much summarized what I think too.

Jerrah: You WILL do it MY WAY!

Wade: THE WRONG WAY?

Jerrah: What didn't you understand?.........MYYYYYYYYY WAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wade:
:wadepalm: Yes, Sir, Mr. Boss, Sir.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Jerrah: You WILL do it MY WAY!

Wade: THE WRONG WAY?

Jerrah: What didn't you understand?.........MYYYYYYYYY WAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wade:
:wadepalm: Yes, Sir, Mr. Boss, Sir.

I think the biggest problem in Dallas was that Jerry had two head coaches. The offense had a coach & the defense had a coach. To me, it seemed that the defense wanted to be treated the way the offense was treated, or something & they pretty much laid down on Wade.

Or, maybe they got tired of Wade not having any influence on the offensive side & those guys weren't being held accountable.

I was actually a little worried about that happening to our team, but so far everything the guys say in public makes me believe we're still one big happy family.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
We don't either.

Watching the Dallas Cowboys is a lot like watching Jerry Springer. You know it's bad programming, you know it's run by scum bags and trash, you even know it's going to end poorly for someone who gets punched in the face. But that doesn't prevent you from tuning in week after week.
I don't have any problem with this kind of outlook, but I also don't watch Jerry Springer.