Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bout time Rose gets 1st team defense action!

G

[[Gary Kubiak]]

4th game of the preseason. I think Rose should get reps against 1st team defense. Carr is the starter, but I think we should see what the guy can do.

Some of you guys have been screaming for it, then give this guy the lead. Give Carr one series and put Sage in.

IMHO Carr will start for this team as long as he is healthy.

Ohe yeah! 1st string Defense should play the whole game. I love wathing them. Guys I'll love watching this D especially if we get ahead of the points and we get more rabid.

[[Gary Kubiak]] said:
4th game of the preseason. I think Rose should get reps against 1st team defense. Carr is the starter, but I think we should see what the guy can do.

Some of you guys have been screaming for it, then give this guy the lead. Give Carr one series and put Sage in.

Ohe yeah! 1st string Defense should play the whole game. I love wathing them. Guys I'll love watching this D especially if we get ahead of the points and we get more rabid.

Not a bad idea but as bad as carr has looked i think it should of been done againts the broncos just to put a little heat on carr and help him snap out of his mental block. im not saying Sage should start but may be a little tough love would help Carr.

Napa Auto Parts said:
Not a bad idea but as bad as carr has looked i think it should of been done againts the broncos just to put a little heat on carr and help him snap out of his mental block. im not saying Sage should start but may be a little tough love would help Carr.
Hardly any teams are going to start there starting QB the game before the season starts, so it means absolutey nothing. Much of the starting units on offense as well as defense will be sitting down in this last pre-season game.

Napa Auto Parts said:

Carr is getting tough love right now. Sterling Sharpe was right last night and Kubiak said the same with his comments--Carr needs to regain his confidence not have it knocked down a peg. It may very well never happen--he may be a kennel broke dog (I've tried to work with a German Short Hair that was this way and despite all the potential in the world it wasn't pretty) at this point but 6-8 regular season games is a much more realistic expectation for where the turn will or will not happen.

[[Gary Kubiak]] said:

Uhhh........1st team D!?!?!? you may wanna lay off whatever helped create that idea. Too much of a good thing, eh?

You NEVER run starters very much on the final preseason. I mean..you're at a point where you need to decide if that new rookie has more potential than the 5 year guy you brought in from a similar system. And you want us to run 1ST TEAMERS!??!??!?!

Go back to your golf-channel, please.

Oh...and if Sage has shown SOOOOOOO much, why not let the 3 & 4 duke it out. I mean....why carry 4 qb's. Make the final 2 duke it out, right?!?!?

:challenge

EDIT - ROSE?!??!?!? dude. Uh. NO! It's either Sage or his last name. Not Rose! hahahha. Nice LOL!!!!!!!!

If we have to resort to "Rose" as our starter, our team won't be smelling like one. Our only hope for a decent season is Carr finally starting to develop. I know that prospect looks bleak right now but it's our best option. I am not as impressed with Sage as many of you.

If Carr is not showing any progress after week 8, then I would be for giving Sage a shot. However that will tell me that we will be looking for a QB next season.

Because they expect him to play well against the 2nd and 3rd D that will be in, and thus hope to bolster his confidence.

Sage doesn't have to do alot just run the plays as called from Kubiak, nothing fancy or earth shattering, oh yeah once in a while stretch the defense but overall basicly a run controlled, time management well executed playbook.

Carr's problem is this- he tries to hard. thats it, he makes a mountain out of a mole hill. Listen I think a vast majority of Texans fans want to see David succeed, including me, but he continues to play tight even with improved protection & more weapons at his disposel. I think he needs to come out & strike hard and deep, getting the jitters, tension & nerves out of the way. Let him start the game going deep to Andre, score a TD then just relax and get into the game flow of Kubiak's playcalling, I'd be all over that... :poker:

beerlover said:
Carr's problem is this- he tries to hard. thats it, he makes a mountain out of a mole hill. Listen I think a vast majority of Texans fans want to see David succeed, including me, but he continues to play tight even with improved protection & more weapons at his disposel. I think he needs to come out & strike hard and deep, getting the jitters, tension & nerves out of the way. Let him start the game going deep to Andre, score a TD then just relax and get into the game flow of Kubiak's playcalling, I'd be all over that... :poker:

Are you suggesting that we get Carr drunk before the Eagles game? :tease:

infantrycak said:
His (CARR) biggest problem now is not a problem he had nearly as bad if at all as a rookie--looking and throwing down field. He is definitely playing below average right now, but he is playing like a beat up vet not a rookie.

hindsight is 50/50 but clearly to build a franchise the best way to go is to start with emphasis on defense. The Texans rolled the dice with offensive line cornerstones Tony Boselli & Ryan Young coming up empty leaving rookie 1st overall draft pick QB David Carr literally on a naked bootleg all season (sacked for a NFL record).

the Texans probably feel they owe him a chance to regain his early career promise, but its clear even a much less talented jouneyman QB not only grasps the offense better he can run the offense better, your right it has to be shell shock :spy: I hope David can overcome his fears/doubters & trust his teamates to protect him letting plays develop & dishing the ball as required otherwise a less articulate more effiecent model will supplant him :rolleyes:

infantrycak said:
Man, I would hope to do better than 50/50 with the benefit of hindsight. :cool:

I figured you would pick that up so I didn't bother to change it :tease: the message meaning that hindsight (Peppers/Defense) would have been 20/20 but flipped a coin & took the gamble at the time (50/50) Tony & Ryan would be able to protect Carr.

I could even see them leaving Carr on the side line to FINALLY observe the Texans System and learn the way a rookie QB should. He never got that chance in the beginning like he should have.

If he could sit and watch Sage for most, if not all, of the season next year he would be calm, sharp, have poise, and whatever blah everyone says he should have.

Does it seem to anyone other than me that Carr is throwing the football awkward. He is shortarming his throws and underthrowing most of the throws instead of zipping the ball in there. I know he has a way better arm than what he showed as of late. Someone please give Carr the memo that he can throw the ball to people with big numbers on there jerseys and not just the mid numbered jerseys.

DBW1968 said:
Does it seem to anyone other than me that Carr is throwing the football awkward.

I mentioned that during the game. I'm not talking a sidearm delivery either. It kind of looks like he is throwing darts. His hand doesn't seem to get higher than his shoulder pads. Doesn't look like he is coming over the top at all.

edo783 said:
I mentioned that during the game. I'm not talking a sidearm delivery either. It kind of looks like he is throwing darts. His hand doesn't seem to get higher than his shoulder pads. Doesn't look like he is coming over the top at all.

Yeah, it's almost like he's shot putting the ball. I know he's always had a funky delivery but this seems weirder than it used to be. Or am I just not remembering it right?

All this bickerin back and forth could make for a pretty good song if one were into that sort of thing. Maybe the first two verses go somethin like this. Feel free to add your own if it will make you feel any better.

Here comes ole Rose he's a lookin mighty fine
he got dem long skinny legs behind a mean offensive line,
he got a pistol in his pocket and a rocket on his arm,
and he's wow'n Houston Texan fans beneath that QB charm,
and they cried ohhhhhh, oh oh oh....start Rose.

Down at the courtyard, they're puttin Carr on trial,
and he's feeling real uneasy neath that California smile,
They're callin for the hangman sayin David's days are through,
But he got 8 million reasons why their dreams aint comin true,
and they cried ohhhhhh, oh oh oh, start Rose.

Back