Borderline fair weather fans.....

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Big Lou, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Negative rep me all you want, but there sure are a lot of borderline fair weather fans out there.

One week you see "TJ Yates for president!!!!", "Superbowl baby!!!!", and everything else positive, and then the Texans lose, and your "ashamed", "embarrased", or any number of insults.

In my book your either on the band wagon or your not. Stop hopping on and off week to week. Have the Texans played flat the last three weeks, hell yeah they have.

Have you noticed, the injuries. Besides losing stars, they've lost depth. That takes a huge toll this time of year. A lot in here want to forget what the team has one, and what Kubiak has done through the challenges and throw it out the door because of a loss.

I'm going to start calling some of you Cybill!!!!!

Some of you think your so cool saying the Texans shouldn't put themselves in that position Well BS, the team has a lot challenges, and sometimes there are "reasons" not excuses........

I can understand those that don't want to blame the refs, but sometimes a spade is a spade. At what point is a refs involvement the tipping point. If eliminate the BS calls tonight or no-calls which went about 90% the Colts way the Texans win the game. Sure they played down, but they got screwed plain and simple.

Being critical of Kubes, play calling, and such is fair. but admit we got hosed, and if you are ashamed or embarrassed, then take a hike and pick another team to root for, we don't need you here. I have this teams back, and although I admit i'm quick to go off on the refs, its completely fair to call the refs out before the team.

steelbtexan likes this.
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

Bullshit ... we call it like we see it. I am so sick of these threads.

burro and Textan like this.
  3. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

[​IMG]

Seriously, you're a complete fail and should just log off......for the year

4. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

yeah we shouldn't feel embarrassed from losing to a 1-13 team in dramatic fashion during our best season yet in front of millions of people on primetime television :kitten:

5. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

And this thread was started by someone who bitches about the refs in pretty much every post they make. That got old pretty quickly.

6. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

This x100

7. amazing80

what makes you better than everyone else, your 1700 posts? LOL WEAK bro

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I'll say it. I am embarrassed. We lost to a one win team. No Dallas Clark, no manning.

No way that should have happened, even with our injuries

9. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

Just try and remember to do this before you post.

I know this is a hard loss to stomach, but please remember the circumstances behind this loss: the loss of Wade, our rookie qb, playing at Indy when they have nothing to lose, THE HORRIBLE OFFICIATING AT THE WORST TIMES, not having AJ, etc. It's just too easy to bail on your boys after a loss like this.

I'm not saying that you are lesser of a fan if you want to ***** about the coach, the players, or whatever. But your posts on here are etched in stone. Crow tastes like crap. Trust me...

I have faith that we'll come back strong to finish out the season and roll into the playoffs on a high note. Let's kick some inbred ass!

10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Reality,

The Texans lost to a 1 win team. To an Orlovsky led team.

Wade= MVP

11. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

But on the safe side, I think we should make some voodoo dolls and insist TJ change his number.

12. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Yeh and some just want to piss and moan because the Texans lost, and forget how we got to 10 and 5.

13. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Sybil
    [​IMG]

Cybill
    [​IMG]

Drew_Smoke likes this.
  14. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

Fixed

15. santo

santo Hall of Fame

Why are the Texans not allowed to use these excuses, but teams like Tennessee, Jacksonville and the Colts can? The division was wide open for anyone to take it, so the Texans took it and never looked back.

Sure, they may have lost some fire, but within the past 3 weeks, they have lost Troy Nolan, Biesel, as well as other players that are playing hurt, but yet we were still competing for the #1 seed.

Take our current roster and compare it to the Ravens and Patriots see if the those 2 teams don't lose a step if they lost any of their key players.

This team has been fun to watch, but I knew Yates was a drop off from probably Leinart but more so Schaub. All I can do is hope they get their fire back, as well as healthy, in time for the playoffs.

buddyboy likes this.
  16. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Why is it so cool to expect a team to overcome the refs???? Most of the Colts yards came from penalties real and BS. Penalties are a tipping point in a game of inches and if cant see that then so be it.

I just sure would like to know at what point is it to much to overcome.

17. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Touche!!!!

18. amazing80

You're the kind of guy who thinks the world will end next year too I bet......always making more out of things than what is real....were there some bad calls? Absolutely, did we lose a 60 minute game because of say, 3 bad calls? No f'n way

Textan likes this.
  19. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

We've had umpteen threads about fair weathered fans, hell, I even started one back in the day. But, I've learned. You love the team, you love it all. That means the good and the bad.

The ONLY thing that comes out of these threads is a pissing match over fandom. So, I'll play along.

I have a Texans room, two walls red, two walls blue, logo smack dab in the middle filled with various Texans swag. I have custom Texans pink plates on my car. I have Texans pin-stripping WITH THE LOGO on my car. I have a Texans tattoo (that I got during 2 & 16) and my dogs name is Toro.

All of the above is true ... well, except the dog thing. Does that make me a better fan than you? Hell no ... To be honest, I'm shocked this team still has fans at all ....

steelbtexan likes this.
  20. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

never mind

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011