Book Exerpt: Mike Leach "Swing Your Sword"

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Wolf, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/201107/swing-your-sword-mike-leach-book-excerpt

2. GP

GP Go Texans!

He should have never had Adam James on his team, though I wonder if the kid was forced upon him by higher-ups. It sure seems that Craig and Adam and Tech higher-ups colluded to get him fired.

Having said that, I wonder why Leach didn't just ignore the kid altogether. From what I have read, Adam James was always trying to get a reaction out of Leach by standing out from the crowd...in wrong, immature ways. Why not just let the kid be a child and ignore him?

Why didn't Leach cut him from the team? Once again, maybe he was not permitted to do such a thing.

Everything points to Craig James being THE influential figure in this saga. It seems he was displeased that his son was going to leave Tech as having been nothing more than a bench-warming goof-off, and he was bound and determined to do whatever it took to do something about it.

1. As a FORMER Tech football fan, I hope Craig and Adam enjoy what they've done.

2. I hope the Tech admins are pleased that they screwed themselves for a no-talent Adam James when they could have remained attractive landing spots for future recruits who would have played with a pretty good HC in Mike Leach. They saved themselves $800,000 but probably lost themselves 10-times that amount in the long-term.

3. I hope Tubby flops like a wet noodle, which I think he's already well on his way to doing just that. He does nothing but take decent programs and ruin them, all the while shaking hands and giving "Aw, shucks!" speeches.

This should make ANY parent think twice about sending their student to Tech's business or ethics program.

In conclusion, Texas Tech has proven to value friends in high places above providing their students, alumni, and fans in all places with a quality program led by a proven college HC.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...-Bruce-Feldman-on-suspension?urn=ncaaf-wp3731

4. Ckw

Ckw Guest

This is AWESOME! Just decided to look at the wiki page for Craig James and found this gem:

I love Wikipedia!