Booing at the end of the game?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Silver Oak, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Did that many fans really want to see the Texans try and score from the 6 yard line when taking two kneeldowns could end the game with a win? One of the O-linemen, forget who, raised his arms to the booing as if to say "WTF?".

2. DeclanJr

DeclanJr Rookie

I think they wanted to see Chris Taylor get 100 yds. rushing, but I could be wrong.

3. Scooter

Scooter Funky

there was plenty of booing and i in no way condone it in that situation, but the consensus that i got in the stands was, "yall owe us". after they booed the first kneel down, everyone seemed to accept that this was going to be a win and started cheering.

4. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Yea that was pretty dumb. If it were another team in that situation, and they tried to score on us, those same fans would be irate.

5. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

It was McKinney. They were all shaking their heads in the huddle. That's just un-educated fans.

6. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Hand off and risk Carr pulling a Pisarcik? I'm glad they kneeled. They already had one botched handoff earlier.

7. kenneth24

kenneth24 Veteran

I doubt if the fans at the game knew Taylor almost had a 100 yards. I chalk it up to fans not understanding the situation. Now booing when the Texans had Carr run that bootleg for negative yards, now that I can understand! Is that the best play they could come up with? But, Victory formation in the last minute IS the best play you can run! Can't wait for McKinney show on Tuesday morning to hear what he has to say!

8. kenneth24

kenneth24 Veteran

Or could you imagine if they did score and then kickoff and the browns run it back and then get an onside kick? Sounds impossible but anything can happen and usually does to the Texans!

9. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

That was embarassing to me that some Texans fans were booing there at the end. You've got to be a complete moron or just drunk & ignorant to be doing that. TOTALLY classless. :loser

10. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

I think a lot of people saw it as one last chance to boo Carr for 5 pathetic years.

#Ocho likes this.
  11. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

I'll take the win and be very happy with it. No, we didn't cover my 10 point prediction. But, we won. I'm much more happy with that.
    I didn't get to see the game out here. I got to watch the Raiders get it handed to them. So, in all, it was a very satisfying day.
    Typical Houston fans. It's all about me. Not so much un-educated as it is selfish.

edo783 likes this.
  12. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

I have come to the understanding that booing myopic morons make up a considerable portion of the Texans fan base, if not the majority of it.:twocents:

13. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

When I heard the booing it was funny to me.

My wife asked me why are they booing they just won 2 games in a row?!

I couldn't answer that, but I do kinda understand if your right there at the endzone why not just give Taylor the ball?! Oh well thats what I would've done maybe I'm wrong but hell I ain't the coach.:tease:

14. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Totally classless.

Running up the score is for Madden. This is real life sport. Fans need to learn how to win with some friggin dignity. I love the irony of the fan that complains about the Texans being inept but then cheers loudly during our snap count or boos when we take a knee to preserve the win. Being a fan is a lot simpler than being a football player.

15. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

I was at the game, and didn't quite understand the booing either. As I noted on the game thread

I think Scooter in post #3 summed it up pretty good what the "voiceful fans" were thinking at the game and the eventual cheers. I feel they (as did I) just wanted to see a complete WHUPPIN of the Browns and god a nice win instead... which I'll take either version, thank you very much.

Ah well.

16. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

I was there and I was a little taken back from it from what I got they were saying they do not see alot TD and this would have been a easy one. The thing that they need to keep in mind is if you like it or not this is a class act organization they will never run up the score on another team or score a easy td when all they have to do is hold on and kneel. It shows respect to the other team think about it if the shoe was on the other foot and the Browns tried to score and run up the score how would they fell. The only reason I would see them trying to score is if they had a chance for the playoffs and needed that score to get in. Class act and I am proud of that.

17. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i was watching the game at my gf's apartment, and she asked me why the heck all the texan fans were booing when we'd won the game. i didn't know what to say. i wouldn't say that i was stunned, but i was certainly surprised at the boos. it was stupid and classless. you don't boo a team that's about to win a game. you esp. don't boo when your coach calls a kneel down out of respect for the other team.

18. jdog

jdog All Pro

We need fan education courses in the programs.

19. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

How many times have we had to use the victory formation?

:tease:

20. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

It was embarrassing.

Truly embarrassing.