Bomar enrolls at Sam Houston State

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Hutch13, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

2. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I didn't think any team in Texas would have taken him since Bomar chose to go to school in Oklahoma.

3. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Bomar is an idiot. He could have sat out a year and then picked whatever D-IA school he wanted to go to. There would be a long line of coaches from big programs waiting for him.

4. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

He still has to gain eligibility to play...even at the 1-AA level. And given his conduct, that's not a given.

5. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Hope he does well.

6. texanfan2100

texanfan2100 Veteran

Wouldn't it be funny if they went ahead a suspended him for a year for the NCAA violations. That way it wouldn't have even been worth it for him to go I-AA.

7. texanskan

texanskan Veteran

classic

8. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

I hear Landmark chevrolet is hiring.:stirpot:

9. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i went to sam houston and didnt find out that we had a football team until 2 or 3 years after i left (by chance heard about another disgruntled qb heading there on espn). my dad went to sam and he didnt know they had a team until i told him. why would someone voluntarily go there to play football?

10. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

Texas State turned him down first, but I thought he would go to a D1-AA powerhouse somewhere else. Sam Houston has seen better days in it's program.

11. Frills

Frills Veteran

He's a good player that made a horrible decision. That decision shouldn't kill his career, I hope he learned a lesson and does well at Sam.

Hard for me to say being a fan of OU and SFA

12. J-Man

J-Man Veteran

I'm a SHSU grad as well. When I was there we had a pretty good DIV II team that made the playoffs regularly. Sam has been a fairly popular transfer location for more than a few DIV I and JUCO guys since the early 90s.

Scooter...how the heck did you not know we had a team with that big ***** Bowers Stadium right behind the library?

13. Scooter

Scooter Funky

there was a library?

14. TexanDrifter

TexanDrifter Rookie

I was gonna ask that to, but I guess Scooter already fielded it well. :rofl:

Anyway, Sam has had a bit of success lately with transfer QBs, and they've won the SLC a few times this decade, so its not all bad.

15. J-Man

J-Man Veteran

Drifter, you a Bearkat as well?

16. TexanDrifter

TexanDrifter Rookie

I am. Currently actually.

So Im probably strongly bias, but this should make the next couple of years alot more exciting. :thumbup

17. TexanBearkat

TexanBearkat Rookie

SHSU grad here as well. Saying Sam Houston has seen better days in it's football program is just not a well informed statement. Two years again they went to the National Semifinal game. A couple years prior to that the Quarterfinals. While Sam Houston has indeed had good years and bad they have had success with transfer QB's such as Chris Chaloupka, Josh McCown and Dustin Long. We've also been burned by transfer QB's coming in here and not doing anything. When Bomar is eligible I hope he keeps his head on straight and stays out of trouble. The reason many of the QB's want to come here is because the opportunity is there to put up big numbers in the offense run at SHSU

18. 66cobra

66cobra Veteran

Good Lord!!! There are way too many Bearkats on this forum!!! It's not enough that my youngest bro-in-law is going to Sam Houston for the music major, but I have to see Bearkitties on this forum too!!! I tell you what, SFA is goin' to tear down ya'lls meathouse this year.
    J/K.... I am an SFA alum, but I have many friends who went to SHSU and came out OK so I am really not bashing on you. Sam Houston has my respect because they always give us a good game and we have been on the wrong end of the score (until this year, that is). Anyway, I wish Bomar the best of luck and hope he learns something from all this.

19. J-Man

J-Man Veteran

Now I'm going to have to start checking around for a Bearkat helmet as my Avatar!

I keep hoping that Sam will produce a guy for the Texans to draft then I can get my Homer Rootin' on for sure.

Don't worry 66Cobra...the Lumberjacks always treated us pretty good when we would roll up there and I had a bunch of buddies up there as well.

20. TexanBearkat

TexanBearkat Rookie

here is a link that has tons of football helmets from college, pros, shows the different helmets throughout a team's history

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/