Bob McNair says "How do you like me now?"

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansBull, Dec 12, 2011.

1. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/11/texans-owner-bob-mcnair-sees-the-fruits-of-the-teams-labor/

I like the first minute or two where McNair says something to the affect " we have made some controversial decisions(think mario) and acknowledges the fact that many people wanted Kubiak gone but goes on to say I wanted to build a team with character and could win for years to come and that's what they've done. We have a young team that can win for years to come. And Kubiak has done a good job of keeping the team together with all the adversity. He also goes on to say we have professional fans that can help us win games."

That's what I got out of it. Listen to it yourself in case I got something different than what you will.
    I really think this was a smack from him to anyone who doubted his plan or decisions or extensions.

If already posted, merge.

Playoffs likes this.
  2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

I've always like Bob. Good guy, smart guy.

He just had to learn from his mistakes like most everyone else.

Thanks for posting.

edit, like this: "Our fans are really becoming professionals. They understand how they can impact the game."

3. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

When I went to the Tampa game this year, I had a seat right by the texans tunnel. Him and Rick Smith were the only two of the whole Texans organization to acknowledge me. I know players and coaches are busy and focused so it didn't bother me but thought it was pretty nice of them two to do that.

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I guess the ox is finding it's way out of the ditch. :kitten:

5. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

And getting on the right track!

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Turns out that we were on the right track! [​IMG]:texflag:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:texflag:

Señor Stan likes this.
  7. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

<<<<< that's what I've been sayin' for months.

Double Barrel likes this.
  8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I wonder if the "Bob's cheap" people still think he's cheap. Even though he's never been cheap.

:thinking:

dc_txtech likes this.

9. speedfreek

speedfreek Hall of Fame

W
    a
    d
    e

p
    h
    i
    l
    l
    i
    p
    s

tj

10. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

:headhurts: ...and it probably sounded like Ben Stien saying "I'm just keeping it real dog."

11. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

12. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

I like the "Do you like apples? How do you like d'em apples! " scene:

rtsp://v6.cache6.c.youtube.com/CjYLENy73wIaLQlrRLGXFQ79sRMYESARFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoYImR4rPA1rzjTgw=/0/0/0/video.3gp

13. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

If McNair wants to lay down some smack, fine. He's got scoreboard, this year. That doesn't erase the mistakes he's made in the past. And I wouldn't crow about being good "year after year". This team has been good one year out of ten. At least make it 2 years out of eleven before breaking out the "built to last" spiel.

I'm happy for Bob. He brought football back to Houston. I'm happy for Gary. He loves this team and city. I'm happy for all of the players, past and present, who have worn the Texans uniform. I'm happy for me and those like me, who have supported this franchise with heart, soul, and $$$. We all deserve this. But I'm going to enjoy this now. I'm not worried about the future.

14. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Playoffs likes this.
  15. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

To me, which this is open to interpretation, Bob is saying that he wanted to build a team a certain way and did it. He is going to crow about the future because he didn't go out and buy a team - he built it. He doesn't believe he is going to be a one and done. Even when everyone said he was doing it wrong when Tony Sparano, Todd Hailey, and Whisenhunt were going to the playoffs, he stuck to his guns. I say, the David Carr extension was a mistake. Casserly and Capers - mistake. Mistakes are an opportunity to learn and get better. And the mistakes have led us to where we are. Not getting Leigh Bolden, not getting Cedric Benson, playing with Ron Dayne, losing Dunta Robinson, Kubiak making the mistake od hiring friends until someone like Greg Knapp has led to this. I believe Bob drafted a plan that he was going to train and build on talented GM and HC make the mistakes, learn from it, and build on it. Instead of firing them and seeing them go somewhere else and have success, he kept them. Smith learned that missing on Bolden you have to have a plan B. He proved that by missing Namdi but getting JJoe that he learned something. Kubiak accepted Wade and has learned better game time decisions, But Smithiak and Wade are proving to be a success. Young players winning, deep roster, leadership without your star players, and next year with your star players you have to be better. He has scoreboard for a couple of years atleast. Let the man crow.

16. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Who hired him?

Game time.

17. GP

GP Go Texans!

I agree with Lucky.

Just live in the moment. The future takes care of itself one way or another.