Bob McNair Owes Me an Apology

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Fred, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Fred

Fred All Pro

Bob McNair owes every Texans fan an apology. I expect he will be calling every season ticket holder personally to apologize for charging us money to watch a team that is completely unaware that the season has started. Again. 2005 - start 0-6. 2006 - start 0-3. 2008 - start 0-4. 2009 - with a gimme September schedule it looks like the same ol' same ol'. This looks like the 4th time in the last 5 years that 3 games into the season all we will have to look forward to is the draft.

I'm sure McNair won't do this but he should - tell Kubiak that if you lose next week in Tennessee, don't bother coming back to Houston.

OK Bob, be a man, pick up that phone and start calling.

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Good luck with that.

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

It's not Bob's fault. Gary "It's on me" Kubiak was out-coached,out-toughed (I know this isn't a word but this team obviously lacks toughness, but I'm sure proud of Gary's "kids"....too bad they are playing "Men") and out-schemed again. It's really nothing new and getting old in a hurry.

Double Barrel likes this.
  4. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

We better find a way to start seven OLinemen then, because if they play like that against Tennessee, we will get absolutely steamrolled. The Titan's DLine is going to eat Schaub/Slaton/Brown for lunch unless they completely redo their line.

5. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Understand your sentiments Fred.

6. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

How bout you don't buy tickets

7. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

:spit:

"Gary's kids"... that's awesome! Can we start a telethon or something?!?

Vinny likes this.
  8. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Mojo owes me an apology for this.

<----

9. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I think I picked the right game to go to LOL

Vinny likes this.
  10. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

You owe us all an apology for this thread.

Vinny likes this.
  11. Fred

Fred All Pro

I have season tickets. But hey Bob, feel free to offer refunds.

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

You can't get snake oil refunds.

13. nut

nut All Pro

:polevault:Every year we have to pay the whole wad for season tickets by May. We do the Texans a favor, what do they do for us? I realize people are trying to make some coin, but how about a little reciprocation? I bought 2 beers for my wife and I for 16 bucks today, that's supposed to be a good deal (alright, that included an exorbitant 1 dollar tip). Then, they put this crap on the field which is starting to get pretty old. How about 1 year when we feel like we are getting something for our dough? Winning a few meaningless games at the end of the year to go 50-50 doesn't do a lot for me and I can't understand why the Kool-Aid drinkers say success is just around the corner. It really is like Groundhog Day. Same old thing every year. I really don't give a crap about people selling beer, I want a refusal by the Texans to accept an inferior product on the field.

14. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

I personally don't understand how McNair is allowing this to happen. He either knows nothing of football as demonstrated by his hiring decisions or is a big risk taker in his hirings and I doubt that. I'm sure he didn't hire such inexperienced people in his business life to become the billionaire that he now is. So, I'm guessing he thinks that he can find an unproven coaching staff ala Capers and now Kubiak and pay them less than he would have had to pay a coach with hardware and a track record and they would win games. Either way, I can't blame McNair if he just doesn't have a great understanding of football in making these hirings. I still give him a pass given the fact that he brought the NFL back to Houston ( I did not watch a single game of football between 96-02. That's my level of Houston loyalty.)! I truly believe that McNair wants to win on many levels.

So, I don't think that he owes me an apology.

What I would like instead is for him to hold a news conference and publicly address the situation by publicly putting Kubiak and the gang on notice and promising change if we do not win this season. I want him to promise me that, if we have to blow it up and start all over again, when we were never "built" in the first place, that he will do all he can and spend whatever he has to in order to bring in a blockbuster of a head coach and staff.

I'm tired of Jerry Jones taking shots at us and McNair just takes it, that's the only thing I guess that bothers me about McNair. As much as I dislike sports owners like Mark Cuban, Jerra and a host of others, one thing they do that I like is publicly and aggressively get the best talent that they possibly can to win at all costs. McNair should spend and off-season with Les Alexander and the Rockets to see how to own a team and want to win and not have to come off as a jerk.

15. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I believe bob has

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//showthread.php?t=64330

16. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

I know, I read that too in the Chron.com when it was printed. I want him to come out and say, in no uncertain terms something like "If Kubiak does not take us to the playoffs or at least win 12 games, he will be fired and I will search the best coaching talent available to me" Something that re-sells the team to the public as well as his dedication to winning. What he said, IMO, can be read as just a push for Kubiak or an ultimatum. I want him to come out straight up with it. That's all.

17. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

It's one game. I keep having to tell myself that. But the possibility of being 1-3 and the only win coming over Oakland is sickening. This is just ridiculous. I'm almost ready to tell McNair to sell this team and blow it up. I have paid a sh!tload of money over the last 8 years and still have yet to see a winning product. It's just painful. How long will fans put up with this? How long will I put up with this? How do I keep "encouraging" my kids to support a team that has YET to have a winning year since they've been ALIVE?!?

What makes it especially difficult is that I know that McNair and Smith and Kubiak are not intentionally putting a crap product on the field. Smith and Kubes KNOW football and know how to win. But there's something about this franchise that keeps miserably underperforming. And it hurts to watch.

18. nut

nut All Pro

What makes you so sure they know how to win? Not being a jerk, just wondering why.

19. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Did we win any part of the game ?

20. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

LOL no. We got jacked up and it would have been a shut out if it hadnt been for the INT