Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Blue crew TNT chili cook off

All I know is I've missed 4 home games in a row because of working out of town. I have a special experimental double batch Jell-O shot brew in mind for the Titans game. Come see me. If it works, everyone is happy. If not, everyone is drunk. Win-win.

OOOOOKKKKKKK!!! Ted, Joe, Bill, David, whoever?! Are the rules the same? I don't remember them all so one of you need to jog my aging memory, and for the benefit of those who have not done this before.

Today is a chili weather kind of day! Can I bring leftovers?? J/K!! I'll cook from scratch, at the tailgate, and kick some butt while doing it! Can't wait to see all you guys sneak over to my tent to see what a WINNER looks like!!:smooch:

I believe last year we allowed you to cook the meat at home but the ingredients needed to be put together on site, I would think we will say judging will be done at precisely 1045 and that should be after the shot. Cups for the judges will be distributed and ticketed so you must not lose these. Good Luck to all and we will have non biased judges.

I believe last year we allowed you to cook the meat at home but the ingredients needed to be put together on site, I would think we will say judging will be done at precisely 1045 and that should be after the shot. Cups for the judges will be distributed and ticketed so you must not lose these. Good Luck to all and we will have non biased judges.
If I gottta cook it onsite, then I'll just bring some for the masses then. It takes too long to prep at home as it is.

If I gottta cook it onsite, then I'll just bring some for the masses then. It takes too long to prep at home as it is.

Yeah, a good chili is at least a 2 day affair...

or a double cooking anyway.

I agree. Chili is one of those dishes that needs time for the flavors to "marry"... That first year was really tough, when you couldn't pre-cook the meat. Last year was a little better, but still not enough time for everything to simmer together, lone enough.

It should be a great time! I have had my head up my backside for a while and a little out of sorts with the holidays. Joe's idea for the chili registration fee was a good idea since the trophy was "lost" when Justin won it.

You guys decide...$5.00...$10.00 registration and we will have ALL the proceeds going to first, second, and third place.

This tailgate will not include the 50/50 as there is too much going on with the cookoff to keep track and Kat may not be at the tailgate.

Also, Yankee, I got the stripper pole :peek: you wanted (flag pole) and we will be able to fly our new flag high this tailgate.:texflag:

It sure will be good to see everyone again!

Got my (non-award-winning) Buffalo Chili starting to simmer. Hope the masses like it, the Bison went up to $9/lb!!

Got my (non-award-winning) Buffalo Chili starting to simmer. Hope the masses like it, the Bison went up to $9/lb!!

:yikes:

That seems awfully high even for Bison!

Are you shopping at Randall's?

Not sure when I might get there guys. Not feeling very well, neither is Kara. Gonna see how I feel when the clock goes off about 4am. I'll make the game, just not sure about the cookoff. Everythings packed and ready to go, but, my lungs are telling me I might have to wait till the sun comes up. Drugs are good though, and I'm doping up real well tonight. Hope to see ya all bright and early.

Gma

Not sure when I might get there guys. Not feeling very well, neither is Kara. Gonna see how I feel when the clock goes off about 4am. I'll make the game, just not sure about the cookoff. Everythings packed and ready to go, but, my lungs are telling me I might have to wait till the sun comes up. Drugs are good though, and I'm doping up real well tonight. Hope to see ya all bright and early.

Gma

hope you get to feeling better. I won't feel good beating you unless you're at your best. ;):smiliedance:

Well Andrew! I'm not at my best, but, I'll be there and ready to take ya on!! :chef: Headed to the friggin store to buy a damn can opener!! I'm just glad I remembered I need one!

If you're talkin about Pappy, I adore him! Pappy has been around for years, and pulls for the Texans when they're not playing the Tits. Some of his family are avid Texan fans. Pappy was a diehard Oiler fan who decided to follow the team to Tenn. He's a GREAT guy, and a good loser!! If I'm not mistaken he has PSLs in the Bullpen.

So, I wasn't feeling so good before the game, and totally missed the results. Who won?

Papa TROLL
In case you don't get this...He last most of the letters off his cape and had to turn it inside out this game...
DSC_0073.JPG

Congrats to Justin!! One of these days I'm gonna taste everyone else's chili. Mine sorta sucked yesterday. Didn't bring all the right spices with me. Anyway, I tweeked it today and it was yummy.

BTW: Who were the judges? I only know two of them.

I know ther were some who did not play by the rules and cooked thier chili at home, I let some people in the contest that did this so Justin got in too. That being said next Year the rules will be strictly followed

I know ther were some who did not play by the rules and cooked thier chili at home, I let some people in the contest that did this so Justin got in too. That being said next Year the rules will be strictly followed
Hey y'all could have left the "rules" however you wanted...it would have made no difference to me. (other than saving me $10).

Shouldn't this thread for last season's cook off have been un-stickied a long time ago? You know, since we're ready to have this season's cook off in a couple of weeks?

And the rules will need to be clarified, because Kathryn told me yesterday that you *can* cook the chili at home, and bring it. The amount of time that we have to tailgate is not sufficient to make decent chili.

Shouldn't this thread for last season's cook off have been un-stickied a long time ago? You know, since we're ready to have this season's cook off in a couple of weeks?

And the rules will need to be clarified, because Kathryn told me yesterday that you *can* cook the chili at home, and bring it. The amount of time that we have to tailgate is not sufficient to make decent chili.
No kidding.

The winner last year made his ahead of time, so sounds like a good plan to me. I really don't care. Thinking I might pass this year. Not sure yet.

Chili cook off rules.

1. Bring chili however you want to
Make it, bring from home, buy from
Sonic, whatever you want to do.
2. Do whatever you need to do to win
The judges taste buds while heating
It up
3. Bronco Billy cannot be judge. Period
4. Judges picked by a person agreed upon by joetexan, kathrine, and jezzabelle (katie)
5. Turn in at 10 am
6. Results at annoucements

Good luck to all and Go Texans

I don't even do the chili cookoff. Why am I picking a judge?

And why don't we just start a new thread for this, instead of resurrecting one that's three years old?

Your the one who brought it up but i will remove you if you do not want the honor. No need to make a new thread when this one works

I don't even do the chili cookoff. Why am I picking a judge?

And why don't we just start a new thread for this, instead of resurrecting one that's three years old?

Now that you mention it, that might make you most qualified to BE a judge! :good:

Your the one who brought it up but i will remove you if you do not want the honor. No need to make a new thread when this one works

That reply of mine was from December 2011...just sayin'. And I only brought it up then because I thought Andy might want to participate.

But if you want me to judge, or help pick a judge, then that's fine.

Cool i wasnt trying to ruffle the feathers just thought you would make a fair addition to me and kathrine. It is totally up to you and we will do this next tailgate. I will ask you after setting up.

Back