Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Blown up coaching staff

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Think this staff isnt DONE after the season .... You better think again .

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3494996.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texans/3492303.html

Hoke and Brown both have denied talking to A&M and Tennessee respectively .... saying they are "committed" to this team .

But we listened to this from Larry Brown and the Detroit Pistons / New York Knickerbockers during last years NBA Finals no less .... and we all know how that turned out .

You can rest assured that these guy's are seeking out employment elsewhere for next season . Cause Heads ARE GONNA ROLL around here !

Lets just hope Casserly AKA The Riverboat Gambler is shown the exit along with this staff :yahoo:

Why wouldn't they have their "feelers" out? I mean even if Capers and Casserly were 100% sure that they were keeping their jobs. I don't see this as news. IMHO

The alums at A&M are going after Hoke for their DC posistion and then possibly if Francone goes lame duck the HC posistion. Hoke was a terror at DC when at Florida and would be for the new coaching staff for the Texans, unfortunately he will likely not be back either. At least I can be happy that we get a guy like Hoke to take our defense to the next level. I mean TAMU not Texans. Texans is all Fangio. Hoke is on the sideline pacing because he runs so much zone.

edo783 said:
Hoke and Marciano are the only coaches worth keeping IMO. Brown MIGHT be.

I'd Keep Hoke and Marciano myself .... as for Brown , I like him better in Tennessee . Not like his recievers have had even an average season by NFL standards .

Dont know much about Brown, but Hoke has been successful at the college level as a DC. He took Florida from a joke defensive program to the top of the heap while he was there. I think Hoke is a good DC and would likely do well in the NFL, but he will not get the chance for awhile unless someone is willing to take a chance on him.

I personally would definitely like to see Marciano and Hoke stay, and I think Mike London the DL coach has done a decent job too. I believe Hoke has an assistant DB coach (Tony Oden) who seems to be pretty good too, so I wouldn't mind if they promoted Hoke to DC and Oden to DB coach and left London. Chick Harris (RB) and Kippy Brown (WR) have also done a decent job in my opinion. However, I don't know if they'll bring in a new head coach (maybe GM too) and pick and choose certain coaches to stay while axing others, it might be more likely that they would cut all of them loose.

Coach C. said:
Dont know much about Brown, but Hoke has been successful at the college level as a DC. He took Florida from a joke defensive program to the top of the heap while he was there. I think Hoke is a good DC and would likely do well in the NFL, but he will not get the chance for awhile unless someone is willing to take a chance on him.

Kippy was Jimmy Johnson's OC in Miami for a couple of years.

Back