Blog Texan rumors

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/

2. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Veteran

Intresting... Im still leaning toward Quinn!:joker:

3. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

I guess Plumstache to the Raiders would mean two opportunities a season to stick it to Shanny. Sending Moss to TB opens up the Raiders to taking Calvin Johnson, which is what they should do anyway.

4. real

real Guest

How about Plummer to the Raiders is just a smoke screen.

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

from the link

6. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Beck's a nice QB who could be had late....I'd like him to be our QB if we drafted him.

7. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i think if we draft a qb, we'll get kolb.

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Good gosh. I don't want any Carr II's or III's.

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

i think if we draft a qb, we WANT kolb. Sorry I edited your post, but I have wishfull thinking behind it...

10. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

...some of y'all want Kolb...

11. Texan_Bill

I hear what you are saying... But judging by some previous threads, it would be a little more than "some".. I will go out on a limb and say "a lot"....

12. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

i would be totally down with grabbing Beck in the 3rd round. he is a cerebral QB with a more than adequate arm. I just can't see us taking the kid out of Cougar High. Their QBs havent exactly set the world on fire in the past....just ask the Bengals and Lions

13. Second Honeymoon

yeah a lot of people around here are really high on him. he did have a dang good bowl game though so it makes you have to consider him but I don't count myself as one of the converted.

14. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I would not ask the Bengals (of old) or the Lions (for the last 125 yrs) to fold my laundry, they would find a way to screw it up. If you do not have good personnel around a QB or good coaches he is bound to fail.

15. Second Honeymoon

didnt Ware have Barry Sanders? Klingler just stunk but I thought Ware had a shot. But i totally get what you are saying.

16. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

awhile back 610 went over all of the past Lions Qb's and the only one they could find that at least made a dent was Bobby layne--50 years ago. if i were a QB, i would try to spin myself away from there.

17. yourfavoritetexan42

yourfavoritetexan42 Veteran

stupid comment.

You say that, because they are both good looking men. Thats the only thing similar they have.

Brady Quinn has played in big games, the biggest regular season college game of all time (vs usc last season).

Carr never played in good games.

Brady Quinn had good stats against credible opponents.
    Carr didnt.

Brady Quinn went through thick, and played well through the thin as well.
    Carr didn't.

Brady Quinn was coached by one of the best offensive minds in football.
    Carr didn't.

Brady Quinn has a lot more awareness and plays very mature for a college qb.
    Carr kind of did, but not on the level as quinn.

Brady Quinn had great numbers against premiere programs like LSU OSU Michgian USC Penn State Tenn.
    I dont think carr played one of those programs.

Brady Quinn has an oppurtunity to play with a good offensive line, a good running back, a pro bowl receiver, and coached from coach K from the begining.
    Carr didn't.

Brady Quinn is a better prospect coming out in my opinion than David Carr, and he has a way better oppurtunity. And please...next time you say he is a carr clone...back it up with some facts... not just because they are both pretty boys. Quinn put up better numbers than Montana at notre dame, Steve Young John Elway Tom Brady Peyton Manning Carson Palmer Joe Montana Joe Namath Brett Favre Matt Leinart Troy Aikman... all pretty boy quarterbacks... and I think I would take any one of those...

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

Show me the HUGE game that Quinn has had. One big comeback this past season, right?

He's done ZILCH.

He is a David Carr in the making. Period.

Everybody raves about how he looks and blah-blah-blah.

ND was better TWO years ago than they were this past season.

Quinn regressed, IMO, which is a mirror image of what Carr has done here.

Vince Young dismantled the GOD of NCAA (USC) in the BIGGEST game of the year, perhaps (I would argue) the biggest college football game since 2000, and working on being the greatest achievement by a QB for the whole decade from 2000-2010. ANd this is coming from myself who is NOT a Vince Young fan. I don't even like UT, bro.

But the facts are the facts: Quinn is not the QB he's being made out to be.

Period.

If we get Quinn, I'm gone. Forever.

I cannot handle two workout warriors drafted as the franchise QB. Because this whole "Carr sucks" mantra on this board will continue for another 5 years with "Brady Quinn sucks" in its place.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sure he'd do well as a backup on most NFL teams. But I'd take Kolb over Quinn any day.

Kolb is a robot. He just hits receivers all day long. Over and over and over and over again. Robot.

Andre Ware was a scrambler, a guy who couldn't beat people with his legs in the NFL...and he landed on a talentless Detroit team (other than Barry Sanders, who also didn't take that team anywhere). Kolb is a better pocket passer than Quinn.

So whywould we take Quinn and have another David Carr? I don't understand it.

And that's why I would leave this team if it happens. SOme say "Fine, go ahead and do that. You're not a true fan then..." But it's more like avoiding the same horrible nightmare and jokes from the media and from your friends for the next five years....AGAIN. :wheel:

Goodness, I hope this all a smokescreen to get interest piqued in Carr and to getting teams to trade up to our spot(s). Please tell me this is what this is, oh football Gods of wonder.

19. Texan_Bill

Again, I respect that, but I have seen him play in person several times over the last four years... I have been impressed.

BUT as we all know, college success doesn't necessarily conver to pro success and vice-versa.

20. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

Joe Montana always found a way to win ball games example (cotton bowl games against Houston Cougar) where as Quinn never did that. He never won against any top teams. I am not much into stats games and really don't care for it but I care about winning. Elite level QB always find a way to win ball games no matter what the circumstances Quinn never did that.

Vince Young also found a way to win ball games when all odds were against them and he did it very consistently at a very high level.

Finding a way to win ball games based on their skill level alone is a sign of greatness and this translate very well to the pro level as well. Against every big games, Quinn failed to deliver.

Please don't say he failed due to his OL or defense. The last time he failed was against LSU in the bowl games this year. I expected a better showing from him against LSU but he failed miserably.