Billy Miller

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansCM, Apr 11, 2006.

1. TexansCM

TexansCM Rookie

Has anyone heard if the Texans are thinking about bringing back Billy Miller? Today I saw him walking out of the convenience store in Sienna Plantation, I was still in my car so I didn't have a chance to talk to him.

I lived in the same apartment complex as him during the Texans first year and ran into him a few times there and I would have to say he looks like he has added a good deal of muscle weight. Maybe he is ready to step up his game on the blocking front and fight for a position at TE.

2. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

No, No, No. No more bring Billy back threads. The guy couldnt catch on with anyone else in the league. :brickwall

3. footballguy69

footballguy69 Rookie

I doubt they would sign him because of the logjam at TE now. He still is one of my favorite Texans. Once he left a lot of the "spirit" seemed to leave from the team. I know on paper people say he is not the answer, but all the guy did was catch the football, (very few drops) and score TD's. I think he was in the Capers doghouse for whatever reason. He went to Cleveland but was inactive most of last season. In my opinion, he is a rare type of player who really shines on gameday. I coached a guy like that years ago in youth football. A normal player in high school and college, he tried out for the NFL numerous times to no avail. When he finally got the chance in Cleveland by default, his first game he caught three TD's if I remember correctly. His name......Keenan McCardell. This shows some guys just need a chance. I also think Derrick Armstrong is another player like this. I cannot for the life of me figure out why he does not play more. Go figure!:brickwall

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

now that we have an HC that uses pass catching TEs.. id love to see Miller get another look.

5. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Yea then we'd have to cut bruener

6. TMac48

TMac48 Veteran

Why not Murphy?

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Billy Miller was one of my favorites too....... no, he didn't block, but I thought he was sooooo good, catching the ball for us, that I would take the time to teach him to block. Especially if I were paying someone to be a tightend coach.

When he left, I didn't know what was going on........ I wasn't very active on the board then, and thought he must've got hurt, but they never said much about him.....

8. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

We just brought in Putzier to be our main pass catching TE, and he's played in Kubiak's system the last several years rather than being cut from the Texans then riding the bench with the Browns for most of a season before being cut from there too, as Billy Miller has done. The Texans have no reason to bring Billy Miller back.

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Kubiak was with the Broncos when they let Billy Miller go after three years on the team (in which time he had 6 receptions). Assuming he agreed with that decision (likely as the OC) it seems unlikely Miller has any prospects with the Texans.

10. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i've always got love for billy, no matter what, i say bring him back:redtowel:

11. Scott D

Scott D Veteran

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Glad I tuned in this morning!! One of my favorite topics!!:) Nothing I would like more than for Billy to get the chance to represent the Texans again. I would be estatic!!! BUT!! Doubtful it will ever happen! David Carr and Billy Miller are friends. David lives in Sienna Plantation. Most likely just down for a visit.

13. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

I think Billy Miller did a great job as a Texan, but the team has moved forward. Now we have Bruener, Putzier, and Joppru. If Joppru lives up to the billing of multi-dimensional, then he could be the #1 TE on the team. It is not like, but possible. Billy Miller is not coming back.

14. TexansCM

TexansCM Rookie

I thought so too, but he had 2 gallons of milk in his hands.

15. TexansCM

TexansCM Rookie

BTW, I just started the thread to see if anyone else knew anything. I like Billy, but unless he decides to care about pass protection I see no reason to bring him back.

16. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I thought I heard on 610 this morning( I was on tele) that Texans had just signed another TE to one year deal, I did not catch name but a 1 year deal for $750k (?) and said Rivers will not be back and he may be signing in Oakland. Anyone else have more info?

17. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Texans | B. Steele signed
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:50:32 -0700

The Houston Texans have signed free agent TE Ben Steele (Packers) to a one-year contract with a base salary of $350,000.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

6 in his whole career?? & that was enough to lead the Texans in receptions in 2002?? However you slice it, I would have loved for him to have been on this team in 2005.

EDIT: I see.... 6 catches with the Broncos........ sorry......... I'm having problems with my reading comprehension these days.

Great find.

19. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Anyone know anything about this guy??

20. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

Thanks. You seem to have pretty good info, what is your read on this pick up? I assume he will be the back up to Putz?