Billy Miller carted off field

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by 281, Sep 3, 2009.

1. 281

281 Hall of Fame

Billy Miller carted off field

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 3, 2009 9:30 PM ET

Saints tight end Billy Miller left Thursday night's preseason game on a cart after suffering an ankle or leg injury.

Teammates looking on consoled him, and New Orleans Times Picayune writer Jeff Duncan tweeted that it didn't look good. "He looks like a guy that just has been told bad news," Duncan writes.

Miller isn't a big name, but he was the Saints' best tight end last year. The team has already lost Mark Campbell at the position for the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/03/billy-miller-carted-off-field/

---

this may be the end of the line for the first texan ever to reach the endzone... damn.

2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

That's to bad. The first Houston Texan to ever make a TD, against the Cowgirls no less. I hope he recovers and plays again.

3. dc_txtech

dc_txtech Subscribed Contributor

That sucks, I was happy to see him have a good season last year.

Get well soon Billy.

4. gary

gary Hall of Fame

This hurts a high powerd passing team like the Saints to be missing a second TE get well soon Billy.

5. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Sorry to hear that.

6. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Very sorry to read this. Billy Miller actually spoke at my high school graduation. He was a heck of a guy and a sincere individual.

7. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Saints tight end Billy Miller tried to remain optimistic after suffering an apparent tear in his right Achilles' tendon during the second quarter of the Saints' 10-7 exhibition loss to Miami on Thursday at the Superdome.

Miller and Coach Sean Payton said they won't know the full severity until he has an MRI exam today but the body language of Miller and his teammates indicated that he's preparing for the worst.

A severed tendon would end Miller's season and possibly jeopardize the 32-year-old's career. "I've got good strength now, so hopefully it's not as bad as it could be," said Miller.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/new_orleans_saints_tight_end_b_1.html

8. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

turning lemons into lemonade, maybe NO has someone we desire as we are so deep at TE.

both teams should be familiar with one another after our practices and game.

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

One of the few Texans past players that you could genuinely root for elsewhere. Hope for a strong return, at least later if not soon.

10. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Gma, I'm here to console you. :cry2:

Get well Billy and thanks for the Texans first ever TD on our first ever drive:

[​IMG]

11. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Of course their starter is Shockey so they've got that covered, but they may need some depth which might get us some depth in return on the DLine, but I certainly wouldn't think we could get a front-line guy ?.

12. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I'm betting they wait until cuts are made on Saturday to see who becomes available. The Patriots have a ton of TEs and they'll likely have to cut some good ones.

13. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Thanks Bill! This is sad news indeed! Maybe the end of the road for my favorite TE!

Billy Millers first TD, as a Texan, was against the Giants, not the Cowboys. Some fans forget the HOF game. Very personal game for me, one I will never forget.