Bills Bias Paper Strikes Back Against Robinson, Kalu

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ChrisG, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

I gotta say this pissed me off almost as much as the loss...the article continued to call them bottomfeeders and the such. maybe someone should look at thier record since 2001 - 31 of 80 games...lets see houston has had 5 years to build up, the bills have had 10 years to make it past the wildcard game (and haven't) - and 6 years since making it to the wildcard (so someone needs to STFU). I understand that they are pissed about Robinson's comments but they know how it is, Losman is a poor QB at best.

:fans:
    Texans Win Ratio: .283
    Bills Win Ratio: .388 :thumbdown

that is in response to this:

considering they were favored to lose to a team that is 5 years old and are such a horrible team, they have all the reason to talk **** :sarcasm:

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yeah...well....there's not much to be said in the way of pride on our part...we swallowed that a long, long time ago...and they aren't telling us something we don't already know....unfortunately...

We've had a tendency to make mediocre QBs look good...seems to be one of our most consistent themes the past couple of years...which sucks beyond belief, but it's just the way it is right now. :(

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I posted this in another thread but that Robinson quote was easy to pick on.

espn page 2 found Dunta's comments about Losman ironic it seems...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/061120

4. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

God, bashing of the Texans is at an all-time high.

5. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Doesn't suprise me. Although what Dunta said was true, when you lose to a team you a suppose to beat and you let JP light you up like a Christmas tree, and then mouth off afterwards. You can bet that there are going to be articles in the media like this one.:twocents:

6. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

now that pisses me off even more, the texans are not that bad this year...we are new and improving and we are not at the bottom of the NFL

Unfortunately it seems we have become the NFL's example for worst team (a title we have grown out of, but can't seem to leave behind)

7. TexansSeminole

When are you guys going to realize that bashing the Texans is a universal joke. Everyone except Texans fans think its funny. EVERYBODY MAKES FUN OF THE TEXANS. Next time you go on vacation...start talking to a random person about the NFL...bring up the Texans (not as a fan but just as an observer) and see what they say.

It's not just ESPN...it's EVERYBODY. First thing you will get will be "Texans passed up on Reggie Bush"...second thing "Texans are horrible".

8. Double Barrel

'eh, let everyone dog us. What do we care? Seriously, don't enable their opinions to matter. We're a dog team right now, and that's just reality. Nothing we can do but hope for the best in the future. We keep blowing games like last Sunday, we get what we deserve.

That's actually kinda' funny when you look at it objectively. D.Rob shouldn't be spouting off after being part of a defense that made Losman look like the second coming of Cool Joe. I wouldn't be surprised if Losman gets benched in a couple of weeks. Having a good game against the Texans seems to be a kiss of death for a lot of these subpar QBs.

9. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Exactly, I live here in LA and go to a few sports bars in Hollywood to watch the games. For the first time in a couple of years, I finally saw another Texan fan watching the game besides me.

As for other the other people at the Sports Bars, they just laugh at me a little because I am watching the Texans and I am actually a fan.

What is even more funny, is due to my day job, I call Houston from time to time, and ask them about the Texans. The general response is, I don't follow those "Losers". That is your own Houstonians!

It is the truth, our team is terrible and most people view them as losers. There is only one thing that can change that, and that is winning.

10. TexansSeminole

The fact that the rest of our secondary can't cover if their life depended on it is destorying D-Rob's confidence and bringing his level of play down. He might be done as anything more than average by the time we get guys who can actually play back there with him.

11. TexansSeminole

Yea, but it isn't just ESPN, my friend. EVERYBODY makes jokes like this. Not just ESPN.

12. Double Barrel

yeah, it's sad that it could be true. I've seen some pictures of him on the sideline after the game, and the look on his face is one that is just tired of always losing.

13. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

As of now, we're the NFL's whipping boy. one day... one day.

14. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

We may not be bottom feeders now, but we certainly still have a clear view of the bottom.

Respect? Why do we deserve respect when we lose, when we don't give it to others when they win?

After the Titans beat us, there was a lot of talk about how we were better but we gave them the game.

After the Giants beat us, there was the same thing, plus additional blame on the refs.

After the Bills beat us, it was "we would have won if it wasn't for the two long passes". Huh? The two long passes were part of the game! Then they have a great catch by Price with time running out. Do we give him and his team respect? Heck no - it was blown call. We've got super slow motion and a couple of still photos showing otherwise, but still we have fans saying we were robbed.

Respect - yeah right.

(I am over generalizing - most of our fans don't do this and I apologize to those that treat other teams with the respect they think we deserve. I also am not calling out the two quoted posters - I was using your posts as a jumping off point for my rant).

15. TexansSeminole

Your right we don't deserve any respect. I just wonder how people continue to be shocked when they see articles and shows where we get bashed. It happens everywhere. As well known as the Patriots are for winning we are for losing.

16. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

The Texans flagship radio station plays the Benny Hill theme song under replays of Marc Vandermeer's calls of Texans screw-up plays. I find it hilarious. Start winning and it will stop. Stay the course and we are nothing more than the '00 decade version of the Bungles or the Orange Clad Pirates.

17. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Start winning, stop whining

Has a nice ring to it.

The problem with the phrase, of course, is that it is a syllepsis. The implied subject of the first phrase is the Texans, while the implied subject of the second phrase is the fans. I think it is catchy enough to overcome that structural deficiency though.

I also considered

Start the winning, stop the whining

but that just changes the problem from a syllepsis to a zeugma. The Texans are the subject of both, but in a different way. The first implies action, the second cause and effect.

I think the pithier first option is the way to go.

18. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

funny AJ too funny

of course in the last year or so I have distanced myself from ESPiN.

just seems east coast bias on a lot of things (or is it my point of view? :hmmm: )

19. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

It's post like this that make it alright,however,ther is is constant criticism of our QB saying"he doesn't know how to win" or "He's got that dear in the headlights look". If it is unacceptable for him,then as fan it is unnacceptable for you to be such a defeatist!:twocents:

20. NATHANHALE

NATHANHALE Veteran

First, our results on the field speak for themselves. Secondly, and a 'big thorn' in my side, is that our franchise has been built on excuses and low expectations. When we lose, a 'portion' of our fan base justifies losing by coming up with every single excuse they can think of to convince themselves that we didn't really lose-- "take this play or that play away, and-in my mind-we really won."

IMO, it's sad and this thinking has a lot to do with the lack of respect we get around the NFL. These same fans also 'berate' the other fans on the board who don't drink the 'kool-aid' or wear the 'rose-colored' glasses.

JMO, but we're sure missing a lot of veteran posters that use to post regularly with good comments--wonder what happened to them?...maybe they'll come back...or not.

I was looking at a thread today that had about 120 posts, with 2 posters between themselves having about 60 of those posts!!! JMO, but that is 'crazy.' Do these posters ever think of using 'private nessages?' Wow...:twocents:

Texans Horror likes this.