Bill Kollar Hospitalized Before Game

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HOU-TEX, Nov 12, 2012.

1. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I didn't even hear about this last night. Anyone?

A. Smith called plays on the field

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/12/texans-win-without-defensive-line-coac/

Hope he gets better

2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Get well Bill

Great job A.Smith. The DL didn't miss a beat considering the weather.

3. GP

GP Go Texans!

If he was hospitalized with a blood clot, he might be there most of this week.

The blood "thinning" drugs a hospital gives such a patient do not just work in 24 or 48 hours and you go home. If he was hospitalized, they determined it was enough to need a slow recovery time.

Otherwise, the clot breaks apart too quickly and that's when it speeds its way to the lungs and can become a pulmonary embolism...which is fatal in sometimes a matter of seconds.

I worked as a sonogram tech, scanning carotid arteries for stenosis and leg veins for deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Stressful job. Didn't last but about 8 months. LOL.

4. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

It is possible that he developed the blood clot while sitting on the plane for a couple of hours without moving around. It is unfortunate that this phenomenon happens more than most people are realize. In fact in ~5% of air travelers. This becomes more of a risk when a person has already spent time sitting in a car on the way to the airport and sitting at the airport waiting to board.

5. Lurvinator11

Lurvinator11 Hall of Fame

I have personal experience with this. My dad is the HR guy for Wyle Labs down in Clear Lake. My family lives in The Woodlands, so it's a good 60 mile drive for my Dad. He also has to fly up to Washington, a lot. In fact, last month, he was up there every week. They had him going up there a lot, and one week when he was actually home, he went to the doctor and they found a clot in his leg. It had actually happened twice over the summer. Luckily he is alright, and his work cut down on his trips to Washington, because with the air travel, and the commute, it certainly contributed to his clots.

I hope the best for Kollar, it is never fun to deal with these issues. I can't even imagine if they had discovered the clot in my dad while he was in Washington. Thought go out to him and his family.