Bill Cowher's Top 10 Players

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by mokalus, Oct 10, 2010.

1. mokalus

mokalus Rookie

Bill Cowher shared his Top 10 list on NFL Today, and players 2-9 consisted of (not in order):

- Antonio Gates
    - Roddy White
    - Jerome Harrison
    - Adrian Peterson
    - Troy Polamalu
    - Chris Johnson
    - Patrick Willis
    - Julius Peppers
    - anyone remember the other player I'm missing?

And then, number 1 was Andre Johnson.

If that wasn't enough, he listed Arian Foster as an honorable mention.

It's nice seeing these two guys get their props, although I believe it's still too early to have Arian Foster in the same discussion. Also, Cowher loses a bit of credibility with Roddy White on that list...

2. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

In spite of Andre being No. 1, that is a pretty weak list. Roddy White??? Really???

Any list of that type that doesn't have Peyton Manning on it is just stupid.
    Peppers is only great every 3rd year.

Antonio Gates is a very good TE, but top-10 player? Don't think so.

3. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

Tryin to figure out why Jerome Harrison is on this list. Roddy White is a hell of receiver. Not saying hes top ten material but he definately deserves being there over Harrison.

4. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

Yeah, I had to look Jerome Harrison up. Never heard of him.

5. papashango

papashango Rookie

Jerome Harrison is one of the best linebackers in the league. But I can't say i'd consider him a top 10 player. What's the criteria for the list? Not one quarterback? No Demarcus Ware? No Revis? No Jared Allen?

Roddy White? He's not even a top 5 receiver in the league.

6. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

Jerome Harrison is a running back (apparantly).

7. treduke

treduke All Pro

I think you're talking about JAMES Harrison!

8. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

Is that like a "Top 10 non-QB list"? Because how the crap can you NOT have Peyton, Brady, OR Brees on that list?!?!?

9. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

I'm going to turn this into a "Bill Cowher for HC 2011" thread.

Latest update on Cowher returning to coaching:

We all know Cowher is a closet Texans homer, evidently shown on NFL Today each week. Why wouldn't he want to come down here and coach his #1 rated NFL player, a very good RB, a franchise QB, and a potentially amazing front 7 D?

We have talents in every skill position, minus the CBs as of now, and are primed to breakout and become an elite team in the NFL. We have a set up of good D just need a coach that can set them right and bring out the beast in them. Cowher can do that. His staff that he would bring in can do that.

We're already good at offense, probably need to upgrade our O-Line a bit. I think Cowher prefers big guys up front, so we would have fix that if he comes on board. Not gonna lie, I won't shed any tears getting rid of these finesse linemen and getting some real maulers.

There, of course, has been rumors last season of him having strong interest in us. Now all we need is McNair to reciprocate those feelings. I don't care about the showing respect to the current HC crap. Send the guy an email/voice message, w/e and let him know that if Kubiak can't do it this year than we want him to come in and take over next season.

I know I was singing Kubiak's praise after the first two games. I was backing him every seasons, even in the dimmest of days, specifically after the Cowboys game, but enough is enough. Getting blown the **** out back-to-back home games is ridiculous, embarrassing, and unacceptable. He put himself in this situation by going with two young, and for the most part, inexperienced starters.

I have a feeling he's going to stick with them the rest of the season. That's fine though, if he wants to sink with his ship, like he did last season with the Brown's sisters, than so be it. Hopefully McNair has the nuts to pull the trigger this year if it bust in Kubiak's face again.

I feel for him though. I still remember him saying in his first ever press conference as our HC, emotional and choked up, that he 'wanted to bring a championship home to Houston'.

I wanted him to be the guy to do it. I wanted him to have a coaching tenure like Cowher did with the Steelers. But it just seems like this guy is in over head as a HC.