Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Biggest Flops in the NFL?

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Just heard Brian Kelly on ESPN radio call the Texans the biggest flops in the NFL this season. Kind of surprising, considering the Cowboys and Vikings are other huge flops.

I'd consider the Texans one of the bigger flops, but I'd go with the Cowboys. A lot of 'experts' were picking them to go to the Super Bowl.

Wolf

100% Texan
Just heard Brian Kelly on ESPN radio call the Texans the biggest flops in the NFL this season. Kind of surprising, considering the Cowboys and Vikings are other huge flops.

I'd consider the Texans one of the bigger flops, but I'd go with the Cowboys. A lot of 'experts' were picking them to go to the Super Bowl.
San Diego was a big one too. hell, their defense is 31 times better than ours ..and Rivers was kicking butt for a while

(AJ smith is ruining that franchise)

and this guy is the biggest flop as a player

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Our defense setting historical records for ineptitude probably has something to do with it. A blind one legged monkey could pass for 300 yards on this defense.

Grforces

Waterboy
Vikings, Bengals, Cowboys. How about the Packers everyone had going to the superbowl also. People were huge on the 49ers this season, Miami, Chargers.
Im not trying to defend the Texans in any way, we screwed up by not picking anyone in free agency (im not ready to throw Jackson under the bus yet), our draft was worthless, but we also had a hard ass schedaule, we lost some key personnel in terms of our SC coach and OC.
But im getting excited about next year. Reguardless if Kubes gets fired or not, Im already thinking about Coaches we might pick up, OC/DC/ST's that are out there. And the draft and to see if Mcnair decides to keep kubes, maybe he will blow the dust off that wallet and spend some money in free agency to keep the fan base from going into complete revolt.
Only thing that im conflicted about right now is this last game.
I hate the Jags and dont want to see them in the playoffs, but I also want us to get in a better position for the draft.

J_R

Veteran
Over the past 2-3 years, yeah Texans one of the bigger flops. Always were labeled that "breakout team" or "the next Arizona Cardinals" or "team on the rise". Obviously have failed there.

This year? Let's see..

Sure, heck, let's throw the Texans in. They failed expectations.

Bengals - Never bought into their hype, even last year when they were 'good'. Maybe the Texans beating them had something to do with it? Not sure. Situation where their record showed them being better than they actually were if that makes sense.

Chargers - Mentioned as possible Super Bowl contenders. Not going to the playoffs.

Cowboys - Probably the biggest flop. Too much hype around them, simply because they could play the in the SB in their own stadium.

Packers - Another team many picked to go to the Super Bowl. Fate to be determined.

Vikings - 'They were so close!' - Went to get Brett Favre for one final go. Instead, they flame out.

RagingBull

Hall of Shame
He said Cowgirls were runner's up but didn't get the nod because they have been playing decent lately.

Last edited:

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Houston Football is da biggest flop evar

Never been to the Superbowl NEVER won da superbowl. :kubepalm:

Arky

Veteran
San Diego is the one that gets me. Based on total yards, they are #1 on defense and #2 on offense yet they are 8-7 and out of the playoffs. That's tough to do!

Grforces

Waterboy
San Diego is the one that gets me. Based on total yards, they are #1 on defense and #2 on offense yet they are 8-7 and out of the playoffs. That's tough to do!
Sounds like us last year. #1 in offense, our D if you took out the first 3 games was what? like top 5? Just goes to show you what some of the people are saying, that stats are worthless without wins.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
We complain about Kubiak and everything so much, but jeez......how do you think they feel about Norv Turner and THEIR crappy organization.

And I don't get the Packers mention. That team has been DECIMATED by injuries, and they're STILL in decent position to make the playoffs.

Grforces

Waterboy
We complain about Kubiak and everything so much, but jeez......how do you think they feel about Norv Turner and THEIR crappy organization.

And I don't get the Packers mention. That team has been DECIMATED by injuries, and they're STILL in decent position to make the playoffs.
Colts have been decimated also..no ones making exuses for them. of course they have a general for a QB though.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
And they're both in positions to make the playoffs. They're not flops. They're success stories and models of resilience, if anything.

scourge

Digression King
The Texans have led or been tied in the fourth quarter of seven of their past eight games, and lost all but one of those.
This is why I think it's justified to say we are the biggest flop of the year.

1st 6 games: 4-2
since then: 1-8

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

How many yrs has Turner had San Diego in the playoffs? How many times have they beaten the Colts? That's a crappy organization that the Texans and your boy Kubiak could only dream about emulating.

Oh well their crappy in your eyes so it must be true.

Carry On

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
How many yrs has Turner had San Diego in the playoffs? How many times have they beaten the Colts? That's a crappy organization that the Texans and your boy Kubiak could only dream about emulating.

Oh well their crappy in your eyes so it must be true.

Carry On
I am surrounded by Charger fans here in Southern California. They're all frustrated beyond BELIEF with the ownership, AJ Smith, and Turner. It's not "just me". How many years in a row have they dug themselves a huge hole early then had to fight and scrap and go on some miraculous run just to get into the playoffs and flame out? How many times have they had a Top 5 offense AND defense and have suffered these fates?

The1ApplePie

Hall of Fame
The Vikings have to be No. 1

Horrible season with Favre and Chilli going down in flames.

Dallas comes in a close second, but losing Wade should be a good thing

scourge

Digression King
I am surrounded by Charger fans here in Southern California. They're all frustrated beyond BELIEF with the ownership, AJ Smith, and Turner. It's not "just me". How many years in a row have they dug themselves a huge hole early then had to fight and scrap and go on some miraculous run just to get into the playoffs and flame out? How many times have they had a Top 5 offense AND defense and have suffered these fates?
We can't even do that, though for the past few seasons we have been the "sleeper/dark horse" pick by many in the media. We, too, start off crappy(see repetitive 5-7 w/l) and have to go on late season runs... but even then we are just able to pull of 9-7 at best.

As frustrated as they may seem, I doubt any of them would prefer to go through what we do year in and year out.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
That would be absolutely heartbreaking for me. At least with the Texans, I've come to peace with another sucky season and now I can look forward (:sarcasm:) to seeing how fate conspires to hand them another loss.
Seriously, it has gotten to the point of comical how the Texans manage to lose games. I'm so over it this season, that I get a good laugh out of the situation and move on.
I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl on her first date any time the cowgirls do bad and feel the same way about the Minnesota Favre's. I'll probably like Minnesota again once the diva retires....again...