Best year to have first pick!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by F-minus67, Dec 12, 2005.

1. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Think about it, this year there is two franchise* type players. So that means that a lot of teams will be willing to trade a number of picks for the first overall. I mean think about it, the Saints traded their entire draft for the rights to draft Ricky Williams. And while Ditka isn't coaching this year the team has a good chance to get some great picks. I do think that the the texans will not draft Bush since Davis signned the big contract and Mathis has already scored two TDs on kick returns.

* the reason I used the asteric is that any player can be a bust or an allstar in the right situation.

2. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

Thank You!!!

3. texplayer2

texplayer2 Veteran

Who are you saying is the second franchise* player?:confused:

4. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I think he is talking about Leinart but questions about his mobility, arm strength, and his knee are developing and his draft stock might drop a bit. He would still likely be the first QB taken unless Vince Young comes out and someone wants a more mobile QB, but the value we could get in return for trading down might be dropping.

5. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

If we are gonna draft a QB, then i want somebody who can run fast and can throw.

6. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

I thought he was talking about A.J. Hawk.......leinart is overrated in my opinion. Hawk is going to be pro-bowler for many years:ok:

7. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Maybe he is talking about the franchise LT position everyone, esspecially the Texans, want...

8. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

yeah he cant be talking about leinart leinart is just a product of the system i mean look at carson palmer the biggest bust ever to date. they will never make it in the NFL:sarcasm: