Best Trio in the NFL according to Mark Schlereth

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hookem Horns, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

They were talking about Favre, Peterson, and Moss on NFL Live as possibly the best triplets in the NFL. However Schlereth said "No, I like Schaub, Foster, and Andre Johnson, those guys are great right now.".

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Dre is probably the best WR in the game and doesnt bring the same crap that Moss does. Moss wouldnt be on my short list of the "current" best wr's in the game ..... that would come down to AJ and Fitz in AZ.

Foster ... wow , who coulda seen this comin? He doesnt put the ball on the ground much either. AP is a beast tho ....

The difference is probably more between Schaub and Favre in that Schaub is a bit more careful with the ball and Favre is what he is ..... a gunslinger.

3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Any votes for Johnson, Foster and the Offensive Line?

[​IMG]

Jeff S. likes this.
  4. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

Hell yeah. Favre and Moss have really underperformed this year so far.

5. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I was going to say ADAP was the better back, but I'm not so sure. Foster is defiantly the better COMPLETE back. His receiving skills far out distance AP. Foster's vision is uncanny. I've never seen a back that misses holes less than Foster. I do get nervous with how Foster carries the ball, but so far so good.

AJ vs Moss is no contest, as is Schaub vs Favre, IMO.

6. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

I'm sorry but if the vikings want to trade Arian for Adrian, I'd have to jump on that trade.. I think Arian will be a good back, but I know Adrian is.

7. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

The debate itself is dumb. Favre, Peterson and Moss have played zero games together. Sure, Favre has wanted Moss for years, but we don't know how they will connect.

We have no idea how Favre, Peterson and Moss will gel together as teammates, we don't know how they will work in Minnesota's offensive scheme, we don't know how they will be coached, we don't know how the offensive line will adjust for them, we don't know how opposing defenses will try and stop them.

As we all know, football is about strategy, timing and adjustments. I think we should wait and see what happens with Minnesota's golden "trio" before we start discussing them.

8. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

That kind of logic is confusing. If you think Arian will be a good back, why not keep him? Sure, Adrian is a good back, but would he fit into Kubiak's system? Football much more complicated than either/or.

9. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

I still feel it's way too early to claim Foster is better than Peterson. AD is THE running back that everyone should want on their team. He is a beast.

10. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Is AP still having fumbling issues? I remember him getting benched last season after losing some crucial fumbles. That issue alone negates almost everything else for me.

11. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Foster just does the little things better, IMO. Peterson is a beast. And the best runner. I just think Foster has better vision and receiving skills.

12. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

All that is true through 4 games this season. If Foster can do this the whole season I might be singing a different tune.

13. TexansForTheW

TexansForTheW Veteran

AP is a better running back. Not very close. If you ask me I think Foster is better for our system, but he is not even close to as good as AP all around.

14. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

I have to agree. Adrian Petersen is one of the best running backs I have ever watched. There's no doubt in my mind he'd fit any system he's put in. There's no coach in the league that would take Foster over Petersen right now.

15. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

As we all know, football is Sunday to Sunday. And for right now (and who knows how long it will last) Foster is better than Peterson. As to Moss, Do Not Want.

16. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Palmer Owens OchoCinco?

jk

let's see....3 guys who have busted their collective ass for everything they have...

....or 3 guys who have NEVER not even once matched up to the hype.

17. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

The Vickings trio are proven and will probably all be hall of famers, but in 2010 I would not trade any of my three for any of there three or any other three in the league. AJ willl more than likely be a HOFer and who knows what will happen with the other two, but I do know are trio is Deadly!

18. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Better get ready to tune up then. He's done it for 6 consecutive games and has proven he's not a fluke. The man is the real deal. If his maturity will catch up, look out. We'll enjoy watching this guy continue doing what he's been doing for a while. Hide-n-watch:)

19. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Some other trios worth considering, provided you don't have to have QB, WR, RB:

Peyton, Wayne, Clark (Collie?)

Flacco, Rice, Boldin

Brees, Colston, Thomas (when healthy, but AJ was out last week too)

Big Ben, Mendenhall, Ward

Ryan, Turner, Roddy White

Rivers, Gates, Tolbert

Young, CJ, ??? lol

20. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

lol, Must spead rep!