Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Best Trade Down Scenero

Have it on my favorites and just finished reviewing new info on LT Tony Hill of U.Texas. He had ten blocks that resulted in touch downs and gave up one QB sack in 07. 3 penalties, 1 was personal fouls and 2 holding.

The more I think on it, if Stewart or Mendenhall is available at 18, I want that rather than a trade down. You get a possible franchise RB and a very good candidate in Hills for the ZBS. His speed/weight ratio seem to be just what dr. ordered. I'd look strong at FS in 4th. I see CB and OLB in free agency.

I would love for this to happen.

I'll take stewart because of his speed with strength. If he isn't there, screw it. Trade down as best you can. Try to dangle the pick in front of the 'hawks so they can take their needed RB and skip ahead of Dallas because they'll be looking for a RB too.

Tony Hills would be awesome. I question if he'll be there in the 3rd though.

So here's another trade down scenario I thought of. Houston and San Francisco. (I'm starting to doubt Mendenhall is even going to be available for us)

We're picking at 18. Behind us sit Philly, Tampa, Washington, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Tennessee that could all be looking seriously to select a WR. Minn. is at 17 and could also but they have a lot of other needs as well.

I see San Fran needing help on the DL and at WR. I think it could be possible they may look to trade up with us to beat out these other teams and grab their favorite WR. All their WR's (Battle, Jackson, Lelie, Hill) are somewhat similar in size at 6-0/6-1, 200-210lbs. I don't know if they'd be looking for a guy like Desean Jackson- smaller/faster wide out; or someone like Malcolm Kelly - 6-4, 220lbs. Either way I think if they want one of them they have to trade up with US.

So now to the trade:
San Francisco receives #18 (900 pts) and Texans 3rd Rd pick (190 pts) Total: 1,090 pts.

Houston receives SF's (via Indy) #29 (640 pts) and SF's 2nd rd pick #40 (500 pts) Total 1,100 pts. Trade value is a push.

San Fran now looks at their Wide Out at #18 and now has 2 3rd round picks.

Houston now has the best opportunity to select the next of the best Left Tackles at #29. I think Miami, Atlanta, Oakland...a whole slew of the teams at the top are going to be targeting some OL with their top of the 2nd draft picks.

Looks like Chris Williams from Vandy will be gone but I think we have a great chance to select Anthony Collins from Kansas. Some grade him as a 2nd rounder but it seems to me he'd be a great fit for our team and is solid- what we're looking for. My guess is he's gone at the top of the 2nd round. We'd miss out on him with SF's 2nd rd pick.

Then with the 8th pick in the 2nd round we still have a shot at some very good CB talent. Jenkins and McKelvin look to be the 1st two gone. We're looking at Cason, Talib, Cromartie, Flowers being selected after them and all I would like for our team. Reggie Smith may even be available for CB/FS.

I think Salaam starts at LT but Collins could get significant playing time and take over early in the season (young LT to protect Schaub for 10+ years and can start MUCH earlier than Gibbs later round picks). I think the CB we select in the 2nd would start day 1 opposite of Bennett. Could solidify himself our #1 CB and move Dunta to Nickle if he ever comes back. (This is obviously depending on if we get a CB in Free Agency).

How would we like this trade scenario?

once again your creativity shines, happy Valentines :heart:

I like your selections for the Texans. Address OT & secondary.

this is the downside. if I where a 49ers rep. right about now I feel, maybe just a little bit, burned. not your trade but they got smoked :survivor: by Belicheat. I would expect them to address WR via free agency, Andre Davis could even be on their radar & they too would look to trade down, not up.....addressing multiple needs.

So here's another trade down scenario I thought of. Houston and San Francisco. (I'm starting to doubt Mendenhall is even going to be available for us)

We're picking at 18. Behind us sit Philly, Tampa, Washington, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Tennessee that could all be looking seriously to select a WR. Minn. is at 17 and could also but they have a lot of other needs as well.

I see San Fran needing help on the DL and at WR. I think it could be possible they may look to trade up with us to beat out these other teams and grab their favorite WR. All their WR's (Battle, Jackson, Lelie, Hill) are somewhat similar in size at 6-0/6-1, 200-210lbs. I don't know if they'd be looking for a guy like Desean Jackson- smaller/faster wide out; or someone like Malcolm Kelly - 6-4, 220lbs. Either way I think if they want one of them they have to trade up with US.

So now to the trade:
San Francisco receives #18 (900 pts) and Texans 3rd Rd pick (190 pts) Total: 1,090 pts.

Houston receives SF's (via Indy) #29 (640 pts) and SF's 2nd rd pick #40 (500 pts) Total 1,100 pts. Trade value is a push.

San Fran now looks at their Wide Out at #18 and now has 2 3rd round picks.

Houston now has the best opportunity to select the next of the best Left Tackles at #29. I think Miami, Atlanta, Oakland...a whole slew of the teams at the top are going to be targeting some OL with their top of the 2nd draft picks.

Looks like Chris Williams from Vandy will be gone but I think we have a great chance to select Anthony Collins from Kansas. Some grade him as a 2nd rounder but it seems to me he'd be a great fit for our team and is solid- what we're looking for. My guess is he's gone at the top of the 2nd round. We'd miss out on him with SF's 2nd rd pick.

Then with the 8th pick in the 2nd round we still have a shot at some very good CB talent. Jenkins and McKelvin look to be the 1st two gone. We're looking at Cason, Talib, Cromartie, Flowers being selected after them and all I would like for our team. Reggie Smith may even be available for CB/FS.

I think Salaam starts at LT but Collins could get significant playing time and take over early in the season (young LT to protect Schaub for 10+ years and can start MUCH earlier than Gibbs later round picks). I think the CB we select in the 2nd would start day 1 opposite of Bennett. Could solidify himself our #1 CB and move Dunta to Nickle if he ever comes back. (This is obviously depending on if we get a CB in Free Agency).

How would we like this trade scenario?
I'm ok I think with trade but would select @ 29 Jamaal Charles@ RB who should eat up the ZBS. I would select in 2nd Collins if there, if not then Cason, Talib or Baker or Cherilus. I see Tony Hills there in third if needed and several CB in 4th. I do not think we sign a starting CB in FA, unfortunately. Just a feeling.

I got another good one coming Beerlover- been thinking about it over the weekend. It's gonna take some time for me to really sit down and study it from both sides to see if it really would be a good trade for both teams.

Just a hint of what's coming though... How do you think Atlanta would like to get Sage Rosenfels? He's proven he can come in, play, and win. Maybe they don't think he's the QB of the future but they know what theyre getting, and may have more confidence with him starting and Redman on the bench. (+ rumor may be they trade deangelo hall for brady quinn, if that's true: Do they start redman and then put Quinn in during the season or does BQ need more time learning?) Or if they get another young QB, they may rather him learn behind sage than redman???

Anyways, the trade kind of hinges on Atlanta placing a good value on Sage (like a early 3rd rd pick) but it is very difficult. So I can throw it out the window if yall say Sage to Atlanta is a no go fo sho.

Sage is invalueable to the Texans he's not going anywhere. if Schaub can prove himself next season & Sage doesn't feel like he's getting enough PT then it might be in everyones best interest to shop him around, but as it stands right now its too risky for the Texans.

I'm not in the draft Matt Ryan camp. I beleive Atlanta should take either the top DL or OL available @ #3.

The Falcons need a quarterback, everyone knows that. But the Joe in the crosshairs is more likely Flacco. everytime he works out for scouts he impresses, just this past week @ his pro-day while sitting on his combine numbers he still threw about 30 times for some 20 NFL scouts who left impressed. He reminds me alot of Schaub with better mobility & stronger arm. by the time all is said & done he could be a 1st rd. pick, right now I have him borderline & as interest heats up the Falcons could get nervous & use their 2nd rd. picks to move up to get him.

Maybe Rick can trade down a couple times in measured steps to enhance all the possible value we can get. I would be happy with two 2nd rd. picks instead of one 1st rd. pick plus more :)

Having said all that look forward to your "another good one coming" :mail:

I got another good one coming Beerlover- been thinking about it over the weekend. It's gonna take some time for me to really sit down and study it from both sides to see if it really would be a good trade for both teams.

Just a hint of what's coming though... How do you think Atlanta would like to get Sage Rosenfels? He's proven he can come in, play, and win. Maybe they don't think he's the QB of the future but they know what theyre getting, and may have more confidence with him starting and Redman on the bench. (+ rumor may be they trade deangelo hall for brady quinn, if that's true: Do they start redman and then put Quinn in during the season or does BQ need more time learning?) Or if they get another young QB, they may rather him learn behind sage than redman???

Anyways, the trade kind of hinges on Atlanta placing a good value on Sage (like a early 3rd rd pick) but it is very difficult. So I can throw it out the window if yall say Sage to Atlanta is a no go fo sho.
I would not allow Sage to leave for less than a 2nd and Atlanta could give us back our #18. From the prior thread on trading Sage for a 3rd, it did create talk. We would have to sign a vet QB and also probably draft a candidate. 1) Chris William LT if avail or Stewart 2) Cason or Talib CB (I know but some have both possibly in 2nd)if not then probably Tracy Porter 3) If no RB in 1st, Forte then Kevin Smith then Hart 4) LT Tony Hills remains solid with size/speed perfect for new sytem and if Heath Bennedict drops maybe him. 5) Colt Brennan Qb that might go in 4th.

I wouldn't mind trading with Seattle. They are going to be looking for a RB in this draft. I think we show all kinds of interest in the draft for a RB but don't really want one. This would allow us to trade down with Seattle in round 1 and gain a #2 for our #18. Seattle gets its RB, we get either a CB or LT at a better value in round 1, and then a good RB in round 2.

Have it on my favorites and just finished reviewing new info on LT Tony Hill of U.Texas. He had ten blocks that resulted in touch downs and gave up one QB sack in 07. 3 penalties, 1 was personal fouls and 2 holding.

The more I think on it, if Stewart or Mendenhall is available at 18, I want that rather than a trade down. You get a possible franchise RB and a very good candidate in Hills for the ZBS. His speed/weight ratio seem to be just what dr. ordered. I'd look strong at FS in 4th. I see CB and OLB in free agency.
Well so far, I got the CB and OLB in free agency right even if they decide to go for CB in draft. Man, Stewart in 1st, Charles Godfrey CB in 3rd and 4th Tony Hills LT 5th this DE :http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=68159
I could live with this.

Back