Benson comments on the future of the Saints and New Orleans

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by LikeABoss, Feb 2, 2006.

1. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

I know this is a Texans Message Board and most of the people on here could care less about the Saints, but this is the NFL section so thought I'd should share this informationidonno:

2. ghostlight

ghostlight All Pro

Hey, that makes for a great weekend for people living in the Golden Triangle area.

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I hope they stick around. New Orleans is a great city and deserves it's football team. I know how bad it feels to have your team taken from you. I just hope the city will be able to financially support the Saints, because at the end of the day, it's still a business and requires a profit to justify it's existence.

4. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

Finally some good news for the Saints. Let's hope the New Orleans fans n NFL fans in general get behind them and see them enjoying their football next season. :ok:

5. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

Man is Benson making a mistake. He had and has an opportunity to move his team to the Coliseum in LosAngeles and he should have jumped at it. Not saying NO is not a great city for football, but the team has been one of the lower grossing teams consistently for a long while now. OHH Well, maybe next year, or maybe they will drop in price enough over the next 10yrs that I can get them for the discount price of only 850M.

6. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I don't think the other teams would allow Benson to move to LA right now. It would have to be voted on and I don't see it happening under the current circumstances (in N.O.).

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

With the amount of workers moving into Louisiana they could rename them the Nuevo Orleans Santos. This would pave the way for a frictionless move to Los Angeles from a marketing standpoint.

Benson is in a good spot right now as an owner as long as there is a new CBA.

8. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

There's alot of optimism about the Saints from people around here. We got a new coach, we have the #2 pick (which most people are hoping we take Matt Lienart), the NFL is fully backing this 100%, Benson is saying all the right things to let the community know that he is committed to making this work, and now we got price drops on tickets. This is great news to hear for Saints fan. I expect alot of people in Baton Rouge and Shreveport who usually don't follow the Saints to attend games this season. Hell, since the storm so many people from New Orleans moved in this little overcrowded city called Baton Rouge. Trust me it sucks and the traffic is horrendous down here:thumbdown

9. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

And Leinert said on Rome yesterday he wouldnt pull an Eli and b**** until traded. He said it would be an honor to be drafted so hign and ect. I know its what he needs to say but he seemed legit about it.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Good to hear. He's a class act. :thumbup

I'll always root against Eli Manning for his little stunt. He has no honor, IMO.

11. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

True that. If there are football gods he will never sniff great sucess. :twocents: