Bengals cut Rudi Johnson

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by stiff, Aug 25, 2008.

1. stiff

stiff Rookie

I am watching MNF and at half time they just said that the Bengals are shopping Rudi Johnson to help at WR.

Since WR seems to be a position of strength for us, as long as everyone stays healthy, would you be interested in trading for Rudi Johnson to help the running game?

Would he be a good fit in our system?

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

No. He really hasn't been the same since his injury and I'm just not willing to go that road again with that type of running back.

3. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Probably won't have to. He's going to be cut, and other teams know that, so why not wait til that happen and save you're draft picks?

4. KEYE SUX

KEYE SUX Veteran

I believe everything will work out if we get rid of Brown and Green. Our young backs should progress through the year. Of course I would love to have an established HEALTHY back so I would be concerned that Johnson would be like our recent aquisitions. Last year he played in 11 games (started 9) and had under a 3 yd/carry average. Fluke? maybe but not something that I would be wanting to take a risk on

5. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Trades for running backs rarely work out well and Rudi Johnson has some miles on those wheels of his considering he only came into the league in 2001. Look at his average and it's dropping from 4.3 ypc to 3.8 in 2006 and finally 2.9 last year. Factoring in his injury I'd say any kind of trade for him would be pretty much nuts unless it was for peanuts.

6. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I swear there is already a thread about this somewhere.... or maybe that's a different Auburn back.

7. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I wouldn't.

If they wanted a WR... they probably wouldn't trade for Jacoby or Anderson straight up. That would mean we'd have to give up Walter or Davis? Walter is a for sure no, and Davis probably not too. He's too valuable for us. Even though Slaton has looked good at KR, having Davis and Slaton back there and having AD as a WR is much more valuable.

We don't match up well for a trade without losing more than we're willing to give up. I would trade Davis for Joseph Addai or Jonathan Stewart... but that ain't happenin!

8. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

interesting that Johnson has said he won't be undergoing the season ending surgery he needs for his shoulder, yet Cincy's FO must think he will either go down during the season, or opt for the surgery at some point.

9. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

With Johnson injured, how long can the Bengals FO really expect Chris Henry to fill his spot before he gets arrested again?

They need another WR. We would probably have to give them Walter, and Rudi Johnson isn't worth that to me.

10. Sal Rosenberg

Sal Rosenberg All Pro

Jacoby for Rudi???Seems fair!

11. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Things are getting worse for the bungles:..

It appears that Chad Johnson's injury is a little more serious than the Cincinnati Bengals originally said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3553260

"the wide receiver has a partially torn labrum in his left shoulder. The team had said the injury, which occurred in a preseason game on Aug. 17, was a sprained shoulder."

NFL doctors need to go back to school?

T.J. Houshmandzadeh missed his second preseason game with a sore hamstring.

Hard to feel sorry for a team that would sign Chris Henry..:gun:

:coffee:

12. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

No

/thread

13. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

No way do we trade anyone for Rudi Johnson! Rudi Johnson spells Amaan Green and Chris Brown all over again. He's the same kind of banged up RB that is damaged goods just like them. Cinci needs a running game really bad right now. Reall bad! So, if they're willing to trade their franchise RB of the last 6 years or so, that tells me beyond a doubt that Rudi is DONE!

I might be willing to pick him up as a free agent for next to nothing, just to add more depth, but I wouldn't pay him more than value meal which is all he is worth at this point. If we could get him as a free agent for low money he wouldn't be that bad to add to the depth chart. You'd think between all 3 banged up backs (Brown, Green, Johnson) that each week at least one of them could give you 10 to 12 carries a game to compliment Slaton and stop some of the wear and tear on him.

14. Hooston Texan

Hooston Texan All Pro

I would not even trade them Harry Williams for Rudi. And I say that with all respect to Harry.

15. shawn76ers

shawn76ers Texan Genius

i heard a rumor about Cincinnati wanting to trade Rudi johnson RB for andre davis...how any one else heard about this?

16. scourge

scourge Digression King

Where did you hear said rumor?

And there is a thread about this in the NFL section

17. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I have only heard that Cincy is shopping Rudi for a quality WR. Which loosely translated means they are probably going to cut Rudi anyway at some point, when he can be had for free, IMO.

But fortunately for the Texans organization we have met our quota for injury prone, re-tread RB's and should steer clear of the bear trap.

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Outside a multiude of message board chatter there does not appear to be anything being reported on a Davis/Johnson trade.

19. shawn76ers

shawn76ers Texan Genius

20. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

We just signed Andre Davis to a 4 yr/16 mil contract extension with 8 mil guaranteed.