Bench or trade DD

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Bull Pen 1, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Bull Pen 1

Bull Pen 1 Hall of Fame

I say we bench or trade DD, whenever he is in the game we have no passing game. I also noticed this last year. When DD is in the game Carr looks for aj and dumpes the ball off to DD. We are better off without DD.

2. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Do you remember the pre-DomDavis running game?

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

It's not Doms fault the coaches center an offense around a middle of the road back who has limited game breaking skills.

4. BattleRedRaider

BattleRedRaider All Pro

We don't need Domanick Davis?

First ask this:

Are you out of your mind?

5. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

so is it their fault the coaches center their offense on an around the middle of the road QB who has limited game breaking skills, like Carr?

I'm with you BP1, obviously when DD isn't in the game the Texans open up the offense and passing game to score more points. Heck even Wells plays better. Obviously the entire offensive problem is DD. He needs to sit down more often so the Texans can play a better more competitive ballgame.

6. Vinny

Who am I blaming? I didn't see me blaming anyone for anything in this thread except the coaches.

7. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

this is without doubt the dumbest thread i have ever seen in my life, all i can hope for is that you forgot to press the little "sarcasm" icon. i dont think i eve need to respond to this garbage, i just couldnt help myself.
    while we are at it, why not realease james form the colts becasue he is limiting mannig's touches???? :brickwall

8. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

would you consider LaDannian Tomlinson to be an elite back?
    Im gonna go on a limb and assume you say yes... yet you call DD a middle of the road back, please explain how DD had almsot the same number of total yds from scrimage as LT did last year?
    Just becasue DD doesnt run a 4.3 40 doesnt mean he is not a gamebreaker, nor does it mean he is an average running back. how does everyone else fail to realize his talent, esspecially when he is running behind the worst offensive line in the history of the NFL?:brickwall
    by the way, how fast was emmit smith?

9. ArlingtonTexan

The Texans scored pretty much on their average for the season today.

10. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

not sure who your reply was too, but if it was mine, then all I did was ask a simple question regarding our QB and coaching decisions and your opinion on it. I didn't use the word blame, you did.

as for the thread, come on guys can't you see the light. This was by far David Carr's best game this year, no DD to fall back on. Obviously DD is a crutch to Carr's learning and playing better. It is as obvious as the nose on your face. Trade DD or sit him down and make Carr play well every game. The offense opened up, the WR's hands improved, the Kicking game was good, the entire game was competitive. OBVIOUSLY when DD isn't playing the Texan bring their 'A game'. Sit him down and play Wells, he played his best game to date, IMHO, even. The whole team seems to be more focused and playing better without him.

Sit DD or trade him so the Texan's can get better.

11. Vinny

OK, if you guys say so. :embarrass

12. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

see even more proof of how DD really isn't a solution to the Texans game. We played and scored the same amount of points without him. And, IMHO, we played a better game overall.

13. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

and we can sit aj to. that way carr doesnt key on him and spreads the ball around more. d##n, we would be awsome. no one would no what we were gonna do.

14. ArlingtonTexan

You are the one who said MORE...I love how people forgot from one post to the next what they said.

15. Jerry

Jerry Veteran

So, because DD didn't play, the O-line magically improved and the WR's magically got better? I'm sure AJ's return didn't affect the change in coaching plans either; the impact of a Pro-Bowl receiver obviously pales in comparison to a change in running backs. DD has accounted for about 1/2 of our total offense before today's game. Without him, we would score even fewer points (if that was actually possible...)

16. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

actually I think our average is 10-11 pts per game and we scored 14. But that is splitting hairs. And still makes the point that DD isn't the key to whether we score points or not. If he was we wouldn't have scored our average without him.

17. yaboycm

yaboycm Veteran

Noooooo waaaay dude. Are you out of your mind? DD is the 3rd best player on this team. Only AJ and Dunta are better. It's not DD's fault Carr has no field vision. I.E. The Texans last play of the game. Once we get a real coach in here, DD will be used appropriately like Ladanian and you will see how important this guy is to the team. He is very versitle. Good runner and good catcher. Should use like Westbrook but run more.

18. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

how many TD's did he score? He didn't seem to be a huge part of the game today, so no, the coach's didn't seem to change their gameplan due to his return.

don't forget our QB, whom some on this board feel had a BREAKOUT game this time out. Magic? OK, if you want we will simply say DD has bad MOJO.

19. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

i dont follow your thoughts in this thread, you seem to be arguing two seperate, opposite points with yourself.

20. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

What if the Texans had a coaching staff that could utilize Andre Johnson and Domanick Davis at the same time? That would be just fine and dandy.