Bellicheat needs to make a real apology

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by prostock101, May 15, 2008.

1. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

I've been pondering the Spygate mess and after hearing Walsh's account of how detailed they were in filming signals and the lengths that were taken to keep it hidden, I find one thing missing that needs to be addressed.

Bellicheat has never admitted purposely cheating. His admission is a glossed over "misinterpretation of the rules".

I think to close this thing completely, he needs to say it.

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Dan Patrick (ESPN) made a great analogy about this situation. He said Belicheck is like Richard Nixon during the '72 election when he was just killing McGovern, but Nixon ordered the Watergate break-in anyway.

It's a shame, because the Patriots players will have to bear the sins of their HC's decisions.

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think Billecheck needs to be banned from the league, for one year. & the Patriots need to suffer a salary cap penalty.

I thought it was awful smug of them to extend Billecheck's contract the day after the league punished them.

& I think their cheating goes a lot deeper than what's been let on so far.

Think about it, the only Dynasty in the Salary cap era?? We've got more parity in the league than ever before, yet they've been better than just competitive for years?? and they've done it with "avg" players?? Not counting Randy Moss of course..

IMHO, they've wronged the NFL & it's fans much worse than the PacMan Jones', Chris Henry's & Ricky Williams in the league.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Patriots' Belichick says Walsh isn't credible

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080517...e_belichick;_ylt=AlqVwqrtRSffEmzTRbnXODjIyLQF

5. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Belichick also said he couldn't pick Walsh out of a lineup. I suppose perhaps that's true, but if it is, then how could he (Belichick) credibly comment on Walsh's football knowledge - or lack thereof.

It takes a pretty fair amount of suspended belief/Patriot goggles to believe BB when he says it was a mistake and he didn't realize he was violating the rules.

Now with the Injured Reserve thing coming out (mentioned by Walsh, confirmed by at least one former player), it's tough not to at least acknowledge that there's a strong possibility that needed or not, cheating's just in Belichick's coaching DNA.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Belichick is the one who isn't credible.....he's the one that's been lying from the get go. Personally I'll always believe the whistle blower over the guy being fingered and the one who has the most to lose any day. (Which is why I also know Brian Mcnamee is telling the truth and Roger Clemens is just a lying scum bag.)

ChampionTexan likes this.
  7. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

personally, I don't give a flying flip. It's over and done with. I wish people would get over it and move on to someting else. He got caught. He got fined. He will be under scrutiny from now on. I'm just tired of hearing about it.

I don't know how much involvement Bill B. had in all of this, and I really don't care. This whole thing strikes me as a guy that got fired, and will never work in the NFL again, trying to work out a deal so he can get money out of it.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Yeah, because that also explains why some of his ex-players are now coming forward with even more rules that Bill Belichick "misinterpeted".

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

10. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Uh their QB is pretty good there as well. I am NOT a PATS fan at all but their winning goes much deeper than just saying they cheat. They have great players at the skill positions, they have a great OL, and they play smart. To me it's more a matter of why they cheated? They have the players to impose their will on teams. It was all unnecessary.

11. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Yes, they do have a great QB and have had great players, but so have the Colts and the Colts only have one Superbowl to show for it, while the Pats have had a "unfair edge" over other teams.

Sometimes I wonder if the Colts would have more titles is Peyton (whose great at breaking down defenses) was allowed to know all the other team's defensive signals?

12. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

really it doesn't matter because belichek completely screwed himself and his team out of having undisputed titles. People are always going to wonder about their win vs the greatest show on turf, or their superbowl win vs the panthers.

I find that the most delicious part of this affair. Everybody will always go, "Well the Pats were good, but it came out that they were cheating in 07 and then just crumbled away."

13. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I'm interested to see how good the Patriots for the next few years. If they're still doing extremely well, then all this spygate stuff (which I've grown tired of, I could care less anymore) doesn't really matter.

14. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

they have a great OL? did you watch the Super Bowl? that 'great OL' got completely owned and didn't look that good against San Diego either. You can be a good OL and if your QB sucks, the OL will look horrible. The first 5 years of our franchise come to mind. In addition to that, a good QB can make an average OL look pretty damn good, which is what I believe is happening in New England. The bottom line is that the Texans have the same talent that New England does but we are only one year into running a real offense due to the pathetic excuse of a QB that used to play for the Texans.....and no, I'm not talking about Tony Banks.

As far as the Pats go, they are forever tainted and nothing made me smile like 18-1. Belicheat is a cheat of a head coach and pretty much a worthless douchebag of a human being. Luckily for Belicheat, Goodell/NFL didn't want a landslide of bad press and lawsuits so they destroyed the evidence, which would obviously largely implicate Belicheat as a cheater to a far greater magnitude.

The punishment was a total joke. Belicheat should have been suspended at least for ONE GAME for crying out loud. We all know Kraft is covering Bill's fine. Kraft has three reasons to love Bill and like any other billionaire, they don't really care how you succeed...as long as you succeed. ethics tend to be an ancient word nowadays....

I guarantee you one thing, the next time the Belicheat comes to Reliant, I will have a nice 18-1 sign waiting for him.

15. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Well, I've read a whole slew of gross overestimations of just how much this "cheating" actually affected the Pats W-L column, but this one tops them all.

Kudos!:rolleyes:

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Do you guy's really believe the Pats are the only team doing this kinda stuff ? ....... They just got caught .

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Actually on NFL Live they talked to a few long time NFL vets who have played on multiple teams and all of them said, they've never heard of such a thing....especially players on IR practicing with the team, they said most of the time IR players aren't even on the same practice field as the regular team.

18. NBT

NBT Veteran

Oh, that is just great. The Pat's get caught with their hand in the cookie jar, so naturally the whole NFL is guilty by association. Whatever happened to good old fashioned integrity?

19. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I stand by what I say regarding their OL. They had a dominating OL this last year. The games were usually over in the first half because Brady had time to throw and had already thrown a games worth of TD's in the first half. If the Texans had the same talent they'd have been in the playoffs...don't get your logic there at all. But to each his own. I don't judge them by the SB. Their OL was stout all year.

20. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

more news on the Pats

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/05/15/rules/index.html?eref=si_topstories

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...in-practice-and-the-legacy-of-B?urn=nfl,84123