Being a Texans fan is really hard.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Sep 25, 2006.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Heres what I mean:

First and foremost, I'm a football fan. But because I'm born and raised in Houston, I love the Texans as if I had grown up with them. They are my team, and I will always cheer for me.

But herein lies the dilemma. Do you watch the Texans play, knowing they will be inept and embarassing, or do you watch a good, close game between towo better teams? yesterday I watched the Redskins Texans, but in retrospect, I don't know if it was a good choice. I Tivo'd the game, and ended up fast forwarding through all the defense posessions. It was just not good football to watch the defense stand up and let the Redskins walk right by them.

What do you do?

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Right now I guess we just take the punch in the mouth and move on. I see the offense improving and the defense regressing.

3. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

4. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

To tell you the truth, I'm working off-shore and I haven't watched the game yet, but my son recorded it for me and the way I'm feeling right now I don't think I'm going to watch it Wednesday when I get home. I've seen hi-lites and read this MB and putting all of this into account, I have a pretty good picture of how the game went. Defense sucks, can't get a 3rd down stop, no pass rush, reciever's wide ass open, no sacks, no int's, CB lead the game in tackles(which really is pathetic). As for the O, fumbling snaps, run-game is wishy-washy, but actually the O shows some signs which is alil exciting, but man you got it right, it's getting pretty hard to root for this team.

BTW, it's painful to watch a replay of the game when you know they lost by a f##king blow-out.

5. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

6. Capster67

Capster67 Veteran

I can certainly relate to the frustrations of rooting for a losing Houston football team. When I was in high school (81-85), I had to endure 7-9; 1-8; 2-14; and 3-13 records. My buddies teases me about improving by saying if we kept winning one more game each year like we did between 82-85, we'd eventually be undefeated - by the year 1997 (little did they now the franchise would finally reach the Super Bowl in 2000! Anyway, while the down years were tough to endure, the good years (87-93 - the years when Houston had the long stretch of playoff appearances of any team in the league) even better. I'll hang in there knowing better days are ahead.

7. D-Vizzl

D-Vizzl Veteran

At least you are not watching sportscenter where they show you Mark Brunell's first 23 passes.

8. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

Oh I've seen SC, but got so pissed off I HAD to change the channel. I had to endure the Colts/Jaguars game, BTW, which pissed me off even more yesterday. Working out here in Louisiana waters, I have to hear the Saint's **** about tonight's game. Man I am so rooting for the Falcons like it aint no joke!!:yahoo:

9. Mycco

Mycco Rookie

I've tried and tried to root for this team, and the sad part is we have been getting worse and worse as the years go on.

New regime - same old eneptitude same lame attitude.

New O and New D - still can't put points on the board and still can't tackle, pressure, or cover anybody.

And they wonder why the fans don't get behind them. They need to give us some glimmer of hope or something to cheer about in order to get behind them. Otherwise, people will only attend the games to see the visitors play.

10. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I stand by my 'any given Sunday' belief.

But I find myself, at a 2-18 stretch (regular season), giving up hope easier. You can only witness too many brutal losses before it affects you.

How? I told people in the third, if we didn't score, I was going out to the parking lot. Tailgating games, free food and drink. Sadly, everyone around me agreed. In fact, a large portion of the front rows of the Bullpen were gone (myself included) by the 4th.

I am sorry we aren't there to support our team and the cheerleaders, but hey, give us a win and we'll stick around.

I'll be there Sunday, 7:30 AM, expecting a win. I'll walk into the stadium believing that. But, if we're getting the beat down of a lifetime, expect to see me out tailgating again by the 4th quarter.

11. nflnutswife

nflnutswife Hall of Fame

I have to agree here, I am horse this morning from screaming in the first half, but it just got uglier as the game went on. I had no more enthusiasm by the 3rd quarter. So I spent the rest of the game harrassing the Redskin fan next to me! (in a friendly way of course) Although he didn't appreciate my throwing his hat onto the field!:fireball:

12. ItsAJtime

ItsAJtime Rookie

You need to thank God that you don't own a PSL. I am assuming this because of the tivo reference. If you do own a PSL, well I feel your pain and greetings from another sucker that bought into this team.

13. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

My oldest Daughter still keeps asking, are we ever going to win Daddy? :crying:

14. nflnutswife

nflnutswife Hall of Fame

Just simply tell her "Yes, honey. . .someday, and it will be a great day!"
    :fans:

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS likes this.
  15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

:rolleyes:

16. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

I am just glad my son doesn't know who is winning yet; he just gets excited when the Texans tackle someone (and sadly lately so am I). Hopefully the Texans will turn it around before he starts to understand.

17. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

She was real quick to it yesterday, when fans were booing David Carr after the volleyball hit yesterday at the game........But I have told her someday we will have a winning team, but until then be proud to say your a Texan.....

:texflag:

18. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

i will be happy again once smith gets toasted. when ur defense is allowing 500yds a game and u wont speak to the media after games like a coward, then i think something is not quite right.

im not even that concerned about the offense. i know the weak area is the lack of a running game, but maybe the texans can find a speedy guy on waivers that can actually break a big gain.

david carr is playing pretty good

19. Mycco

Mycco Rookie

Awww....the innocence of youthful optimism. Let's hope when someday comes we are all still young enough to enjoy it.

20. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I don't think we'll know much on the running game until the D can stop the other team from scoring an average of 32 pts a game. When you're playing from behind the run game basically becomes extinct. Until we stop them, we will not see our true running game.:twocents: