Beat the Fish

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Barkley, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Barkley

Barkley Guest

OK....I am one of the most negative people on this board. That said, let's understand where we are and look to the next game. These guys, although they stink, need our help. Let's rock the roof this week and try to beat the fish. We have a chance. Look what the Saints did this week with some serious fan support. They are not that good of a team. If we go crazy, maybe we can help them. GOD knows they need it.

Go Texans !

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Fish go squish.

3. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

Good attitude, Barkley. This team needs all the help it can get and a rockin' Reliant Stadium will help...at least a little. I am not giving up on the Texans. I know they're going to lose, I just wish and hope that they wouldn't look as bad as they do while they're doing it.

4. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

We have a chance against every team. This one's slim.

5. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Lets put the horns thru the fish and sprinkle a little BROWN CULPEPPER on it for flavor and then run over it with our CARR lol...:yawn: I know i know its corny and i am tired good night folks :goodnight

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

You "still" think? So when did you begin to think this to find the need to use the word still? Five years, 3 years, 1 year ago?

7. Samer

Samer Veteran

Until the Texans prove to me that they can win, then I'll give them as much of a chance against the Fist, as I would against any other team

8. joshri

joshri Rookie

We aren't going to beat the Dolphins. Have you watched the first three games. Culpepper will look like his old self and throw 4 TD's. There isn't anyway our defense can contain their offense, which isn't even very good.

9. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

We are bringing halibut to the tailgate. Eating actual dolphin, well, it is just not right.

10. profan

profan Veteran

Well, the dolphin you eat and it is good is called mahi mahi. It's a bright colored fish. It's not the cute little dolphins on the side of the helmets. But your right, would not be right to sit there and be grilling flipper.

11. Texans_Chick

True that.

But we have some flash frozen halibut that my friend caught in Alaska. mmmmmm.

12. WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler WiiMan

Cmon lets beat those 'fins, cause Im going. and in every game except the philly game i turned of the TV

13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I went to the game this past week. One of the problems for this organization is that they are trying to build a team in a city that is pretty fairweather. I'm sorry guys but I have to say it. With the exception of a few on this board Houston didn't make any effort to keep The Oilers and they aren't making any effort to help this team get on the right track.

I've gone to 1 game a year for the last 4 years and everytime I go I hear people talking and they don't even know the names to players. I'm talking well known ones like DD, they are wearing their favorite team jersey that isn't The Texans, and they are usually a dull crowd.

This past week when I went we came out and on 3rd down our crowd got loud and we stopped the Redskins, we come out on offense and with the 3rd play of the game we get all the way down to the 2yd line and our crowd is pumped, we score a TD and all is going crazy.

Then our defense goes out and give up the TD and the rest of the time the crowd stayed seated as if the game was all over from there. At critical times there were 3rd downs where if our fans got loud we could've shifted some momentum but no!!! I was the only person in my section standing.

Now some might say it is because of the product on the field but I look at other places on TV and even though their team is losing they got fans still believing when it is only the 1st quarter.

14. dolfantbone

dolfantbone Rookie

Come on people you actually think the texans are going to win??? They just said it also on ESPN just now, no hope for texans Dolphins are gonna blow them away!! :evilb:

15. Texans_Chick

Your team almost lost to the Titans at home.

Do you really feel comfortable talking junk?

16. dolfantbone

dolfantbone Rookie

Just a little it was a win, not by much though. I just had to say hello, all in good spirits though. Hello from tulsa, Ok!! :whip:

17. Blake

Blake MMQB

Welcome! I look forward to Mario getting his first sack/strip on the fumbling Culpepper.

I feel that the Fins are going to win, but hey, I thought the Saints would lose last night.

thanks for not being a jerk fan.

18. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

19. Seeing Red

Seeing Red Rookie

"500 yards a game, well, bring on Adrian Peterson."

They would probably pass on him..... we dont NEED talent at that position. I mean come on. The Redskins get portis back and all of a sudden find the endzone repeatedly....but we dont need a gamebreaker back there. Fans don't know anything about football right?

20. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

just like any other city... except for GreenBay comes to mind.

I didn't want the Oilers (shame on me) due to what Bud pulled over the years. What effort are the fans supposed to make to get the team on track? Seemed like we were pretty loud in the first half, even with the boos as the team exited for the half. How about the team make an effort to get themselves on track and not have a "here we go again" as soon as the opposing team ties them up.

Get away from them then (or are you discussing with the opposing team's fans?). I have a pretty good conversation with multiple Texan fans each game I attend, numerous Texans jerseys spotted - though would be nice to all be one color like we had with L. White or B. Red day.

Also, we all know of the club level "fans", but in all honesty - I wasn't impressed with the bull pen this past game. Before I get ripped - it was just an observation I had from the other side of the stadium, it seemed quite a few fans wern't too up in their chairs except for when the Skins were close to them about to score. Not sure if tickemaster had something to do that, but if y'all are truly the "craziest, loudest, most dedicated, etc" cheer starters of the stadium, better live up to it. and get those "visting fans" in your area on their feet.

It funny, quite often I hear that Houston fans are fickle / fairweather (as I think other teams are as well, see above) and they're called out by other Houston fans... I guess those doing the calling out are the minority, I wonder when we'll see the majority come out and say, "yep - i'm a fairweather fan" as there's gotta be quite a few of them.

Actually, I think I've seen a few posters jump off the wagon recently.

Houston is a "transplant town" I guess you can say. With the Texans relatively new and people moving here for job / lifestyle / FEMA handouts (sorry, low blow) they're gonna bring their team loyalty with them and till the Texans show promise / wins - they won't win the new Houstonians over.

Stay strong though and keep cheering, El T, the vocal minority will soon win the others over. :redtowel: