Bears | Benson scolded after teammates turn him in

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by STEEL BLUE TEXANS, Aug 22, 2006.

1. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Bears | Benson scolded after teammates turn him in
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:44:34 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson was scolded by head coach Lovie Smith for leaving the sideline Friday, Aug. 18, during a preseason game against San Diego and skipping the mandatory postgame meeting. Teammates didn't approve of Benson's early exit and brought it to the attention of the Sun-Times, which confirmed through a team source that Smith disciplined the second-year running back. ''I didn't get fined,'' Benson said after practice at Halas Hall, where he participated in individual drills and non-contact 7-on-7 drills. Benson said he did not leave the stadium but watched the game from the office of equipment manager Tony Medlin, but team rules required Benson to be on the sideline during the game. Two teammates confirmed Benson left the sideline during the first quarter and wasn't at the postgame meeting. During training camp, Benson said he believed some teammates and coaches did not like him, but if that was the case, he did not care.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Another UT runningback with problems. I for one am glad we didn't trade up for him, as many here would have liked

3. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Seems like Cedric is having a bit of a problem playing with the other kids in the sand box.

4. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

Based on rumors out of Austin, this behavior wouldn't suprise many of his former teammates.

5. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Now, you'da thunk that the Bears would have done a little research, and found out that Benson had an attitude problem before they drafted him.

Guess not. Just goes to show . . . stats are just a small part of the equation.

It's making more and more sense why the Texans didn't want Reggie.

6. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

I just remember all the foot problems (Turf Toe). It seemed to me like he was always nursing an injury . I do not remember hearing anything about his attitude.

7. PhillyFan

PhillyFan Veteran

Wow, another spoiled rich kid. Theyre just all over the place these days.

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Wasn't he Rickys buddy? :spy:

9. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro