Be Honest What is your pick

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
Just saw this on the Teetons Board and was curious

Which QB will be getting a SB ring first

Carr.............My Vote, Coming in the next 3 years
McNair..........Curse of Bud
LeftWhich.....Here Kitty Kitty Kitty
P. Manning.......Whats the matter Daddy don't love you?

Couldn't do a poll so just post your answer with an explanation.

I dunno.. Carr or Manning. McNair.. he isnt gonna last through the Titans next rebuilding stage. Leftwhich.. Jags are good but I think we are gonna be better.

I think Manning is a possibility.. but of course im gonna say Carr :)

CARR If I thought it was going to be someone else what kinda fan(atic) would I be. Now this may be another story come playoff time. But until the Texans are out of the playoffs I think Carr has as good a chance as any.

Obviously my heart is with David. However, Manning has the best chance to make it first, but if the Colts don't make it this year, then I see it as being up for grabs by us and the Jags and I think we will be on top.

It's a difficult year to answer that question. I think that Manning has the best chance to do it within the next year or two. But if it doesn't happen pretty quick, it will become Carr then Leftwich. As Grid stated, I don't think that McNair will make it through the Titans next rebuilding stage. I think his best oppurtunity has passed him by...

TEXAN84 said:
McNair
Carr
Manning
Leftwich

If McNair gets traded to another team, maybe, who knows?
Trade McNair? Trust me .....now that the Budster is back in charge anything can/will happen. It's all about the $$$$$ lol:
:twocents:

I think the window of opportunity for McNair is dwindling in a year or two:

Manning
Leftwich
Carr
McNair

Manning, but I think this year is his last chance for awhile because the defense is already poor and with his $100 million contract the Colts will lose either James or Harrison after this coming season.

CARR, the Texans lost around 8-9 games in close ones, including the Superbowl champs, with tons upon tons of injuries. I would say the Colts but their O cant do everything. The titans lost too many keys on d and the jags just arnt there yet.

Harrison is going to stay with the Colts. E James will go because he has lost a step since his injury.

you should take out "honest" ... honestly any texans fan is going to take carr, realistically any football fan is going to take manning if we're staying strictly on qb's.

manning
mcnair
carr
leftwich

first to the superbowl is different, the titans are the most complete.

mcnair
carr (ok, i'm a lil bias)
leftwich
manning

Manning...if he can remove the chicken bone thats been choking him in big playoff games!

Carr/Leftwich...toss up, a lot will depend on how their teams develop around them.

McNair...his team looks to be ready to take the big slide into .500 ball or worse for the next couple years. There are probably 2 good seasons left but talent is starting to get thin in Nashville this year.

Scooter said:

mcnair
carr (ok, i'm a lil bias)
leftwich
manning
First to the SB has been done. McNair wins that one already. Who's next? The guy who's team plays the best. Each year is different. They dynamics shift every year. Next year the Colts have the best shot. After that it will likely shift to the Texans and Jags.

I really like the two DT's that Jacksonville has (Stroud and Henderson). It is amazing that Tony Brackens and Hugh Douglas weren't able to get to the QB more with those two manning the middle. Likely their 2005 offseason will focus on upgrades at DE and CB. Watch out if they are able to upgrade those areas.

I think Fred Taylor is the most unknown star in the league. When he is healthy, there aren't many backs better than him. That offense has the potential to be very explosive with Leftwich, Taylor, Jimmy Smith, and the rookie, Williams. The only things I can see holding this team back are the lack of a pass-rush, the youth at QB, and the two playoff teams that are at the top of the division.

I think the Texans have some exciting players too...but I think we will have to wait until 2005 to be competing in the AFC South.

Manning

The Colts offense has been good for a while, and now that Tony Dungy is coach the defense is going to continue to get stronger thus great on both sides of the field. I think that the Colts can win the Superbowl without James, but if Harrison or Manning gets injured, then SB chances would probably be slim to none.

Titans are the most complete what? Most complete team? If so I have to disagree. There D line will be mostly rookies this year, their secondary is average, they will not have much of a RB or running game this year, they wil probably just ride McNair's back all year. IMO the Colts are the most complete team in the AFC South and will probably win the South this year.

Because I don't believe either the Titans or Colts will win the Super Bowl this year, nor the Jags - and as much as I hate to admit it - or the "good guys" - I believe we can be honest and still be fans. Carr and the Texans, along with Byron and J'ville are on their way up, while Tennessee and Indy are probably starting downward - Carr and Leftwhich are as likely as McNair and Peyton. And since I like (realistically and honestly) the way things are shaping up for Houston, I can say Carr is my pick without flinching!

Back