BCS Standings

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TexanSam, Nov 5, 2006.

1. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Louisville is 3rd and if they stay undefeated, it looks like they will play the winner of Ohio State-Michigan. I'm rooting for them. Hopefully they win it all.

2. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Agreed.

Brian Brohm is awesome. Too bad Michael Bush got hurt.....

3. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

Go Rutgers!

:redtowel:

4. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I am not. I would like Ohio State, Louisville, and Michigan to all lose. That way the only unbeaten teams are Rutgers and Boise State. I would love to see how he BCS would handle it if those were the only 2 undefeated lefts!

5. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

How exactly would the BCS handle it?

It doesnt have a choice. The top 2 teams in the standings would play & those teams would most likely be Texas & Florida.

6. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

not neccesarily. If rutgers beats lousiville it will skyrocket up the polls. With no losses and with everyone else with losses they will close the gap. It would be interestign if they got to 1-2.
    I dont like the BCS and am cherring for diaster!

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

The BCS is a better system than just having the media choose the teams.

The system isnt perfect? Agreed. But what is the alternative?

Most people hate the computers. But I think that there has to be computers because they are not biased. And this is coming from someone who's favorite team (Texas) is ranked 10th in the computers & 3rd in 4th in the human polls.

8. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Playoff

Every other sport, not to mention every other division of collefge football, has a playoff system. Why shouldn't Division 1 have one?

9. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

How would it work?

You take the top 8 teams?

What about the team that is ranked #9 in the polls? That team would be just like the team that finishes #3 now.

And now every team plays a 12 game schedule. So the SEC, Big 12, & ACC champs would have to play about 16 games if they wanted to win the playoff. If we did that then the next step would be to just start handing out paychecks cuz they are practically playing an NFL season.

10. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

We're not the ones to devise a new system, but it could work along those guidelines. Similar to NBA playoffs IMO. #1 vs #8, #2 vs #7 and so on.

11. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

D1AA uses 16 teams I'm pretty sure. That way you have 4 weekends of games. There is a way to do it and would be a much bigger success and not a complete waste of time like most of the bowl games.

12. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Ah there it is!

You cant take away the bowl games cuz the NCAA banks on those heavy. I dont think they would ever lose them.

13. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

i love the BCS and i would hate a playoff. not enough games being played and the games wouldn't have nearly as much significance as they do now. it would totally ruin college football. don't touch it. the BCS is AWESOME.

i'd love to see louisville in the title game. they're good enough to compete with any team in the country just because of brian brohm. they can BEAT any team in the country because of the great players around him.

14. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

You are right on.

I think Louisville could give Ohio St quite a game.

They get lost in the shuffle cuz they play in the Big East but they have been a top 15 team for at least the past 5 years.

15. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

The BCS certaintly didnt disappoint last year.

That was the best college football game I have ever seen.

16. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

louisville better beat rutgers first

17. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

based on everything i've seen from both teams, there's plenty of reason to think that louisville will win by at least 3 TD's. easily. they're much better than rutgers in every facet of the game.

18. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I've heard the #9 ranked team argument before and don't buy it. I would much rather have the #9 team get shafted than the #3 team in the country, anytime you have a system that crowns two champions by having shared titles is a BROKEN SYSTEM.

Keeping the BCS around has nothing to do with the amount of games teams would have to play, it has to do with the amount of money the schools make with the Bowl system and thats it.

A full month went by from when Texas played Colorado and USC played UCLA until the time they played each other in the title game, theres plenty of room for a playoff system.

Even if you take only the top four teams, thats only one extra game. I would take just the top 4 teams, because how often do you see 5 teams go undefeated in a season, it doesn't happen. All they have to do is take atleast the top 4 teams and shared titles are null and void and completely eliminated, but that would make to much sense and the NCAA isn't about good sense.

I completely wrote them off when they revoked Mike Williams eligibility after a supreme court told him it was legal for him to enter the draft. So Mike hired a agent and legally entered the draft only to have the original decision overturned and then instead of the NCAA stepping in and fixing this unique situation they completely mishandled it. Nothing will ever change until the NCAA officials pull their heads out of their rears.

19. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

http://www.nflfans.com/x/showthread.php?t=12714

I wrote this last year for Freshman English, the best grade I got for the year too! If yall cant see it, let me know and Ill copy and paste it over here.

20. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Bowl Playoff Series

You can't respond there unless you're already a member, so you'll have to leave your take here.

I think this would be bigger than March Madness.