Barber challenging for the starting role

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by blitz90, Aug 13, 2009.

1. blitz90

blitz90 jock strap

Good article from the Chronic. I had a feeling Barber was going to turn out to be a good draft pick.

2. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Yup. He brings some size and speed to the table right up front. We'll see if he can turn into that blanket over the top or put some fear into the opposing WRs lives...

Somebody has got to make some strides in the back. Wilson is who he is already, same with Ferg. I'm not looking to Harrison to be anything other than a big guy and Troy Nolan is a rookie 7th round pick so I won't be setting the bar high there either. I think Barber's got enough experience to take the next step forward with enough attributes to be a playmaker.

3. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

The only problem I have with this is that Kubiak says great things about everyone during training camp. He always paints a rosey picture during training camp and says that everyone is improving. We'd win the Super Bowl every year if you went strictly by what Kubiak says about our players during camp. I hope that I'm wrong but Barber wasn't very good last year and Ferguson isn't a great player to be comparing him to. Hopefully Kubiak is right and he can improve and be a good starter.

4. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

I think players have to earn Kubiak's praise to get mentioned. Travis Johnson certainly hasn't been mentioned in a positive light in about a year.

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Not that it makes a difference (yet), but Kubiak said Barber will start Saturday.

6. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    What is he supposed to do, come out and list his deficiencies? Ferguson is on the downside of decent but he was a band-aid, is a band-aid and will continue to be a band-aid. If Barber is pushing for time and apparently:

also mentioned on 610 he's been practicing with the 1s as much as Ferg I'm thinking I'm not going to make sweeping judgments on a 6th round pick who was a rookie getting some reps at the end of the season (when the defense starting picking up no-less. I'm not saying he was a part of it, I'm saying he wasn't not a part of it). I'll yield to Kubiak's decision on this one.

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

8. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

This is one of those late round picks, thrown by the wayside, no real hope put into him for our future by me... and just wait and see if he comes up out of no where eventually and becomes a diamond in the ruff for us.

I like what I am hearing so far this year. Still a ways to go.

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

You also called DeMeco's ROY. Have you made plans past December 12, 2012?

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

No, but I have some swampland in Florida I'd be willing to part with. :splits:

11. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

it's the 21st, not the 12th, amigo.