Bar Talk

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by KING_HOUSTON, Jan 11, 2006.

1. KING_HOUSTON

KING_HOUSTON Rookie

Do you guys believe the line is better than they really are? I think that the line doesn't block for him because he is too SOFT..hes not locker room guy...Dont get me wrong Carr is a nice guy, but he is not that football warrior that we should want on the field..AS you can see the team does not rally around him..Especially the line!!!

Just some thoughts to Ponder??:confused:

2. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

That is directly a result of the lack of leadership from the coaching staff to allow that type of negative player relationships to continue. IMO, that reflects just as bad on the other players as well as Carr. They don't have to like each other BUT they had better get along and pull together. That shouldn't be tolerated at all. IMO

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I don't know why I'm responding to this. With 13 posts to your credit and a flood of less-than-credible posts here lately, it's probably a poor decision. However, I'll answer as if it were a legitimate question. If my cynicism is misplaced, please forgive me.

All the linemen are professionals and their resume, unlike yours and mine, is right there on tape for all the NFL to see. They are not going to sacrifice their careers (at the very least, the big payday) for anyone, much less a guy that you contend they don't like.

4. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Amen, Brother.

5. KING_HOUSTON

KING_HOUSTON Rookie

One day, probaly a long time ago...you had 13 post too..so relax..

But Im serious, is the line really that bad?? Ok maybe so!LOL! but c'mon i've seen plenty of plays where it looks like the lineman just moved out of the way i.e. VIctor Riley, Seth WAnd,..Not only that but when g-Funk got mad at Carr it shows the locker room is not completly behind Senor Carr...:challenge

6. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

When a team is 2-14, the locker room is going to be fragmented. I'm sure it's probably worse than we know. I'm sure when Carr was playing well last season and players were not making plays around him, those players probably got nasty little comments from the defense as well.

This O-line is very bad as a unit. They don't work well together. They don't coordinate to double team, pick up stunts or blitzes, or change assignments at the line. Individually, we may have a few talented linemen. As a whole, they are the absolute worst unit in the NFL.

7. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

My amen was about the line not about the amount of posts you have. Sorry if it was taken that way.:)

8. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

The line doesn't play for him because he holds the ball and takes coverage sacks instead of chances. He's all about his QB rating. Not necessarily a bad thing but it prolly chaps this line that the get all the blame for his sacks.

9. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

You state this as if it is indeed fact. I will now politely excuse myself from this pointless conversation. Good day to you.

10. BREAZE

BREAZE Veteran

I seriously don't think anybody on our line would start for another team, but that's just my opinion...

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

The linemen we did not draft, started on NFL teams before they got here. Maybe your comment is about the players we drafted?

12. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

Let's get one thing clear about G-Funk. He's a big fat ***** who won't be here next year. The guy's bark is much bigger than his bite, as shown by the past couple years. He'd rather complain, piss and moan about the fact Carr can't put up 80 points a game because then the D actually has a chance to maintain a lead. G-Funk needs to stuff his face with some food and quit complaining. Find another home loser.

13. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Seth Wand, right. He played about 10 offensive snaps last season.

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Walker was probably our best defender last year, one of our few pro bowlers...and one of our best players period.

15. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Well I would surmise that there are 5,839,493 reasons why we would not cut him. Walker stays, to much of a cap hit not to have him.

16. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

Polk was our best member on the D this year. Walker got lucky that the opposing o-line felt sorry for him and let him get through a few times.

17. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

krap...thought he was on his last year...thanks kaiser

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

19. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

I'll say this. The line has had some help in looking bad (coaching and QB). Look at it this way, DD won rookie of the year behind that terrible line (and it hasn't changed very much since then). And was I the only one that noticed that the second Carr left the game in SF a TD was scored three plays later. Eventhough he had two drives begin no deeper than the SF thirty. Don't get me wrong, Carr deserves another shot with decent coaching (for that matter the whole team does). I will say this as well, for him getting sacked as much as he has been and getting up from it, I wouldn't classify him as being soft.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I can tell you don't know what you are looking at then. That comment was no better than my 12 year old neice could serve up...get real man.