Balzer: Kroenke is on NFL committee for new LA stadium

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Kulluminatii, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

Grabbed this off the clanram forums...didn't expect this at all.

Does this mean the Rams are moving back to LA for sure? Of course not, but with this information out...it does seem likely.

*EDIT* Just FYI:
    I was thinking Shahid Khan (the other potential buyer) was just about ready to buy the Rams franchise, but a few days ago Kroenke decided to exercise his matching rights to try and purchase the 60% share. The NFL doesn't allow cross-ownership, but it has been rumored that they may make an exception for Kroenke. Can it be that this exception will only be made if he decides to move the Rams back to LA? It could be possible, since I remember reading Goodell really wants a franchise back in LA.

2. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Hold on...if he's the CEO of AEG, that means he also has interest in the Dynamo, no?

3. Kulluminatii

If you're talking about Wasserman, then yes. AEG owns 50% of the Dynamo...according to Wikipedia.

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I've been saying this for a couple of years now. Rams move to L.A., Jaguars end up moving to St. Louis where there is much better support for NFL football and a perfectly good stadium just waiting for them. Believe me, if St. Louis loses the Rams they are not going to be out of the NFL for long and it won't (truly) have anything to do with their stadium. The people who move the Rams will do so because they can, not because there's anything actually wrong with the existing facility.

5. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

St Louis has always been owned by the Cards, and I really wonder how much they'd miss football ? It's just the opposite of cross-state KC which loves it's Chiefs and has some of the best fans in the whole NFL bar none.
    By why not just one move - Jags to LA ?

6. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

I would like this.

7. Kulluminatii

Whoa, so apparently they are two different groups trying to get a team so they can start on a stadium :shocked. The difference being, this new group (which I imagine includes Kroenke) isn't trying to buy the team. While the Roski stadium has a bit of a head start, I believe that "small" bit will be the deciding factor. Roski wants to own the team that moves to his stadium, and not many owners would want to sell. If I'm not mistaken Roski did make a bid for the Rams, but was instantly denied.

This is getting interesting...

8. otisbean

otisbean All Pro

The team that could end up in LA is the Chargers. They have a terrible stadium and the city has no money to build one.

9. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

And they drafted Sam Bradford...

Big name to become a big star in LA...right? ;)

10. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Just move the Jags to LA and keep the Rams in St. Louis.