BADBOY's 2019 offseason FA, trade possibilities and draft thoughts

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by badboy, Mar 1, 2019.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/201...m_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pos2headline

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/201...m_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pos2headline

3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Raiders pick up possible trade bait and $10 million cap space trading OG to Jets.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/10/jets-trade-for-raiders-pro-bowl-guard-kelechi-osemele/

4. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

steelbtexan likes this.
  5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Never thought about this, with the Osemele trade they have an opening and Lindstrom would be a great pick. Osemele is a declining player who was making 10 mil. Odds are Lindstrom will be healthier and have the better yr next yr.

6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I would have thought Cody Ford.

7. BigBull

BigBull All Pro

8. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I wanted Trent Brown but not at $16.5 m per year. I had pulled away from my "overwhelm the opposition" theory of paying $15 m and had him above at $32 m GTD and caps at $10 first two season. Raiders used my first plan and I'm really glad we didn't sign him for that. I want TB but still think Davenport will be much better especially if Rankin is the LG so many thought he could be coming out at draft.

RT James was on my shopping list but was nervous about his injury. Not getting Brown I would have paid $13 for James but not upset we didn't get him. I doubt any of us really have a handle on Henderson and maybe Texans have a RT in him. 16 games out of Henderson and Fulton could be huge and Martin can get better. We'll see. I'm still not looking for a starting LT in draft but would look hard at Cody Ford for RT in first and Scharping in third to push all the line.

I didn't expect KJack back but good for him on his cash; same for Badger. The reported Texans offer to him of about $10 m was high imo. Both should be starters with new teams and may cancel out FAs we still might get. I think we lose Covington which would put us up for low comp.

Really glad we brought back Fairbairn and Blackson and expected that. We might get Thomas but no longer see Darby due to crazy money.

OptimisticTexan and JB like this.
  9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

We will revisit this when Watson gets ribs broken/lungs punctured/neck broken.

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Could you please stop posting about Watson breaking his neck? Can't you critique the Texans front office without that visual?

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

:freakout: much? It's not chicken little time yet. :overreact:can happen a bit closer to preseason. It's obvious that many here believe talking with you is :brickwall:. Some of your wording should be :doghouse:. Take a breath and stop being :firehair:maybe go :fishing: and perhaps have a :barman:. :specnatz:Your opinions are well known as you daily :slapfight:. After a thousand times you saying same thing, I become :listening then :zzz:. Lessen the rhetoric and bring some info.

santo likes this.
  12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Real rich coming from a man who started up his own thread and is basically the only one who replies in it.

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

That's the hyperbole that gets the point across.

Obviously it worked.

14. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Once is hyperbole. A dozen is just annoying.

JB likes this.
  15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

It's an informational thread not expecting replies although you seem to reply to many of my posts/threads. There does seem to be a few views though.

Max likes this.
  16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Roby could be another Badger in hoping to have great season then cash in besides ten million ain't just lunch dinero. I still expect two corners in draft and leaning towards Mullen and Love in round two. We should also get depth in UDFA. CB Kindle Vildor Georgia Southern 5'11" 177
    2018: 6 PBU + 4 INTs on 31 receptions on 56 targets. Limited QB to 46.4 passer rating giving up only one TD. 42 tackles 4.5 for loss.

The only thing I get from Gipson is a plug until we have someone ready to take over. IMO best bang is 6/7th round to UDFA Chris Johnson 6'2 1/2" 200 lbs 4.45 from small school Northern Alabama who plays like he belonged on the other Alabama roster. Great stats [6 INTs] in 2017 but QBs rarely looked his way 2018, still he had 2 PBUs and 2 INTs. Perhaps one season behind Gipson and he might be ready.

Another safety in that range of draft is SMU's Mikial Onu 5'11" 205 from Sugarland, TX.
    2017: 105 tackles 85 solo, 2 INTs and 7 PBUs
    2018: 58 tackles 41 solo, 1 INT and 3 PBUs with one forced fumble.

17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

You gotta throw in the obligatory Bell FF trade in their somewhere.

18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Did you just reply to my thread? :ahhaha:

19. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Yep

I thought you were lonely

LOL

badboy likes this.
  20. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Looks like you're going to have to wait a year on these two. Both are returning for their Senior seasons.

Vildor
    Onu