Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bad News....

not sure how reliable this website is but here goes
http://www.alcoholfacts.org/CrashCourseOnMADD.html

I used to wonder how many cars I pass at night (10:00 pm and on) have drivers that have had some alcohol in their system. I am sure I would be amazed at the numbers.

bottom line is no doubt drinking and driving is a problem. for some reason cell phone drivers get on my nerves worse than anything.

First if all you know nothing captian Know it all

You have no idea if he is guilty or not.

You base your so called facts on the media hounds who will lie to get a good story.

One example is the infamous Ted Oberg. Did a story on me and how I would never go to the Superbowl. Oh poor little Joe Texan. I went to the Superbowl, did Ted do a story saying he was wrong, NO!

I have had several people very close to me killed by a drunk driver. Oh you of little knowledge do not need to hand me your sob stories to verify your point.
American Justice is innocent untill proven guilty, what you are doing are convicting him before the judge does.

I have full confidence that Mr. Bob McNair will deal with this incident in a fair and just manner. I have full confidence that the Houston Police will find an answer also. Just like they did with all of the DNA tests, and we now have to pay for new ones. Have patience, justice will be served, Untill then, PUT A SOCK IN IT!!!!!!!!

Joe Texan said:
American Justice is innocent untill proven guilty

New one to me... Thought it was Innocent until proven guilty unless you have a ton of money to get out of it with..

UNLESS your poor... then its

Guilty until you proven innocent.. hehehe :taz:

Joe Texan said:

You base your so called facts on the media hounds who will lie to get a good story.

One example is the infamous Ted Oberg. Did a story on me and how I would never go to the Superbowl. Oh poor little Joe Texan. I went to the Superbowl, did Ted do a story saying he was wrong, NO!

I have had several people very close to me killed by a drunk driver. Oh you of little knowledge do not need to hand me your sob stories to verify your point.
American Justice is innocent untill proven guilty, what you are doing are convicting him before the judge does.

I have full confidence that Mr. Bob McNair will deal with this incident in a fair and just manner. I have full confidence that the Houston Police will find an answer also. Just like they did with all of the DNA tests, and we now have to pay for new ones. Have patience, justice will be served, Untill then, PUT A SOCK IN IT!!!!!!!!

I know you are probably upset here man. How people are convicting Marcus of DWI without having all the facts. Very true.. we dont. But that has never mattered here before. People here are talking about things that will affect the texans on and off the field. Who is playing badly and who isnt. etc... Marcus is a major part of that. This is no different then people screaming 'Sean Taylor is God' a few weeks ago. How if we dont get him, we are lost. Now.. that oponion is gone replaced by how good of a choice we made. All we know is Marcus is in a bit of trouble. Believe me, he will have to answer for this concerning the Houston Police, then Bob. The truth will come out. We can talk about punishments if he is found guilty all day, but that does not make him guilty.

That being said, IF he is found guilty, and IF he is suspended for a time (which probably wont happen anyways), who would you all see as our backfield to cover the spots? Also, if someone is suspended from let say 4 games, can that be pre-season games or must that be from regular games? :twocents:

As I used to watch "Politically Incorrect" they talked about the issue. And to this day I don't know what the cut off point is where the Point of view changes

If you are rich..you are considered to have a problem and need help
If you are poor..you are considered an addict and need jail time :confused:

Wolf said:
As I used to watch "Politically Incorrect" they talked about the issue. And to this day I don't know what the cut off point is where the Point of view changes

If you are rich..you are considered to have a problem and need help
If you are poor..you are considered an addict and need jail time :confused:

The one that gets me are the CEO's who take 500 million, get 200k in fines and 1 year in jail.. Hell, give me a year in the jail for when I get out.. the 500 million is mine. Sigh :taz:

well i've posted on this subject many times...people can agree with what i think or people cannot...but i've met marcus at a tech football awards ceremony a few years ago...and the guy i met was just your average guy...wasn't a drunkard(previously called)...and probably has made his fair share of mistakes but who hasn't...this wasn't just i got to say wow it's a honor to meet you kinda thing...we talked for about an hour or so...from everything from music to football...i've talked to guys who played with him and they all had the best things to say about him...he's a team player...but he is human...we all have the ability to make mistakes...i do want hear the facts about this incident when they do come out but i also realize that it is he's personal business...something stars and pro athletes don't have anymore...but they are still entitled to...so i will respect any disciplinary actions taken in this matter and leave it at that

Joe Texan said:

Joe Texan I see we have our differences but why did the on scene Police Officer have to call in the DUI Team? Also The Benz look like it hit a tree from the so called Media Hounds Camera that I saw. Had to be going pretty fast to deploy the air bags. I have driven up and down Richmond for years I never hit a tree! Colman refused Breath test. Wonder if he gave a blood test? You know the old saying walks like a duck.My main points are about the Law System for DUI`S. There is no way that Little of the Rams should be playing football! He should be doing life in Prison for what he did. Wasn`t he busted again for DUI the day before the Draft? Unreal! Also last week a Drunk Driver killed a woman after his 3rd DUI! Like I said earlier I just hope Colman gets some professional HELP! Being a Ball Player whether you like it or not you are a role model and are under a microscope. Ever little thing that you do is being watched. When you sign that contract you have to take the good with the bad. You really have to think before acting.

Now that I think of it. Many of you stated he was with other members of the team at a club. I don't hold anybody but Coleman responsible but I really wish they would've watched eachother's back that night. They're teammates after all.

But I realize Coleman is a grown man and there are no excuses.

I understand the role model issue. That is why I hold high respect for the Texans, They demand good repoir for that reason. I once knew a guy who had 7 DWI's and still had a liscense, heck he was pulled over by a cop in Conroe and had a beer in his hand and walked. It is luck of the draw. As far as the DWI team, I never heard of that. Heck a cop finds you drunk he takes you to jail. simple as that. I was once with a friend who designated himself to drive for me and we were pulled over, taken to jail, I was released and he was jailed for DWI, He was sober. He won the case but it cost him 4 grand for the legal thief. I will let the judge and God pass judgement on this, and I will be respectful of the verdict.

not defending Coleman here, but I rear ended a truck when I was younger.. embarrassing the truck was parked and I was going 30 ... The front end of my truck looked like I hit a pole. It looked horrible.. I have no idea how fast Coleman was going, but you got my curiosity up..

At what speed will an air bag deploy?
Air bags inflate as fast as 200 mph (320km/h), and with great force. U.S. Federal regulations currently require air bags to inflate and restrain an unbelted dummy representing the average adult male in a crash test into a concrete barrier at 30 mph (48 km/h). To meet this federal requirement, an air bag must inflate in a split second (about 1/30th of a second). This is faster than a blink of an eye. It is so fast you can't see it happen. In the crash test the air bag must be able to restrain the force that the unbelted dummy, which weighs about 165 pounds (75kg), applies to the air bag. That force can be as much as 2000 pounds (900 kg).
http://www.edmontonmotors.com/airbag.html

Associated Press
HOUSTON -- Houston Texans safety Marcus Coleman must have an breath-analyzing device attached to his car's ignition as he awaits trial on a misdemeanor drunk driving charge, a judge ruled Thursday.

Coleman, free on $500 bond after his arrest early on May 6, made his first court appearance Thursday. Harris County Court-at-Law Judge Jay Karahan decided there was enough evidence for the case to proceed and set a pretrial conference for May 27.

Prosecutors say Coleman was involved in a minor one-car wreck along a street on the near southwest side of Houston. Police arrived to find Coleman standing next to his car and gave him two field sobriety tests, which they say he failed.

Coleman, 29, told police he had four drinks over an undetermined period, prosecutors said. Based on his 210-pound weight, four drinks in one hour would bring the typical male's blood alcohol level near the legal limit of .08, while a longer amount of time would decrease the number. Defense attorney Rusty Hardin declined comment Thursday. If there is a trial, lawyers would like it to happen before Texans training camp begins July 30.

Houston acquired Coleman in the expansion draft two years ago from the New York Jets, where he played cornerback for six years. He is moving to safety this summer to make way for the Texans' top draft pick, cornerback Dunta Robinson. The maximum penalty for a Class B misdemeanor is six months in jail and a $2,000 fine.
espn.com

El Tejano said:
Now that I think of it. Many of you stated he was with other members of the team at a club. I don't hold anybody but Coleman responsible but I really wish they would've watched eachother's back that night. They're teammates after all.

But I realize Coleman is a grown man and there are no excuses.

Unfortunately, most pro athletes are used to having OTHER people watch their back for them, right? Agents, entourages, personal assistants, etc....and of course the special treatment from hangers-on since they became stars.

I'm sure he wasn't the only one drinking. I wonder if it even crossed anyone's mind to check him out before he got into the car?

:party:

Anyway, it's done now and I hope he gets the APPROPRIATE punishment--no special treatment for rich guys, sports stars, CEOs, etc...hope that other than the extra media attention his court days will look just like everyone else's.

Joe Texan, what do I have to do and how much would it cost for you to make a bobble head doll of me? I got pictures if you need them.

No DWI team was called, He was changing his tire while On STAR Called the cops.
Man I would rip that out of my car so fast it would deafen the operator on the other side. THat little blue button is a pain in the arse. As far as the Team, it is Marcus' Problem to deal with.

wolf, it doesnt matter how fast you're going, the airbag sensors only record how abruptly you stop. if you go from 15mph to 0 too quickly they'll deploy ... it's the rate of deceleration. has anything been said about why he hit the tree? was he just so blitzed he swung that thing to a tree or nailed a pothole or what? being sober and getting smashed by an airbag will make almost anybody fail a field sobriety test (trust me, sob's hurt and the sulfer smell's enuff to get ya stoned instantly). if he's telling the truth about 4 drinks he should be ok ... especially since it was at dinner it'd be tough to down em in less than an hour. if he was toasted and got belted by the airbags i dont think he'd have had the conscienceness to change a tire. it happens, life goes one ... hope it all works itsself out.

you may be right. I have hit something and the airbags didn't go off. I am not sure how that works.

the thing about the hitting a tree. he could have .06 and he could still get charged with DWI. I guess it depends on what kind of attorney he has and how they play it.

Scooter said:
wolf, it doesnt matter how fast you're going, the airbag sensors only record how abruptly you stop. if you go from 15mph to 0 too quickly they'll deploy ... it's the rate of deceleration.
That is part of it but the air bags are actuated by a crush zone sensor first and foremost, and it has zero to do with how fast you stop if you do not violate the crush zones. It is a device that tells the bag to inflate as the cars crush zones are penetrated.

www.gm.com
Whether your frontal air bags will or should deploy is not based on how fast your vehicle is traveling. It depends largely on what you hit, the direction of the impact and how quickly your vehicle slows down.

Air bags are designed to inflate in frontal and near-frontal crashes that exceed a predetermined deployment "threshold." That threshold takes into account a variety of desired deployment and non-deployment events and is used to predict how severe the crash is likely to be in time for the air bags to inflate and cushion the occupants.

Typically, if a vehicle goes straight into a wall that does not move or deform, the bags will deploy at an impact speed of about 9 to 16 miles per hour. Impact speeds that are likely to result in a crash that exceeds the deployment threshold will differ if the vehicle hits something that moves or deforms, or if the impact is localized — such as hitting a pole — or at an angle. The severity of a head-on crash into a wall at 9 to 16 miles per hour is similar to that of a head-on crash into an identical parked car at 18 to 32 miles per hour. Deployment thresholds can vary with vehicle design, and different manufacturers use different deployment thresholds.

good lookin out blue. i honestly didnt know direction or crush zones had anything to do with it, especially from gm. my last experience was really bizarre ... was driving in the rain in a 95 Z28. was going in a U-turn under the freeway on I-45 north at somewhere between 20-30mph and (drag radials) went sliding into the curb towards the end of the U. that slide and hitting the curb completely sideways (wheels first) was enuff to send the bags out. it was honestly the next day before my head cleared & a week before i quit smelling sulfer. i didnt hit the bag, it hit me and lemme tell ya it didnt feel good lol. something i really didnt like was the passenger bag - it sent the hard plastic cover OUT & UP hard enough to smash the windshield. had anyone be too close to that it damn well could've killed em.

Yeah, airbags are dangerous too. You can hit something at 20 mph and an air bag will come screaming out at nearly 200 mph and hammer you. Seat bets should always be worn with any car that has airbags. Especially first generation airbags. The early ones are the most dangerous ones because they came out at a higher velocity than most of the newer ones do. I used to work for GMAC. There are some pretty ugly stories.

Wolf said:
you may be right. I have hit something and the airbags didn't go off. I am not sure how that works.

the thing about the hitting a tree. he could have .06 and he could still get charged with DWI. I guess it depends on what kind of attorney he has and how they play it.

What witnesses saw him hit the object? The law enforement agency only showed up after a while.

My brother was pulled over for speeding. He had a couple drinks, but he was still charged with a DUI. My brother passed the roadside test and blew under the limit. It cost him thousands when he was innocent. They ended up charging him with reckless, because they could NOT prove the DUI.

I think that better judgement can be used in certain cases. There are obvious drunk people driving, and then there is the person who had two drinks at dinner.

exactly.. Texas law has "rules" for DWI. 1) 1) "not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol, a controlled substance, a drug, a dangerous drug, a combination of two or more of those substances, or any other substance into the body; or 2) "having an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more."

so either coleman has .08 or the wreck puts him in the 1 catagory (even if he doesn't have .08)

What was the name of the Oiler that left a Tittie Bar driving DWI and hit a gruard rail throwing his buddy through the windshield onto the I-10 below. He pulled a shotgun out of his trunk and ****. I think he played football at Norte Dame. I'm sure 38% of Americans polled would say what Keyfro is saying.

What a deal,I can't even remember his name.

Back