Back Shoulder Fade? never?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by D-Frank, Aug 28, 2010.

1. D-Frank

D-Frank Veteran

I was watching the cowboys play the other night and also the green bay game and they really throw a lot of backshoulder fade routes in redzone successfully. its almost like an option route, if the wr gets a step on the cb they throw a fade, if he is covered its backshoulder. we have the best wr in the league and usually have trouble running in the redzone, so there is no reason why we shouldnt try this. and i think it would work. its past due for Andre to get a 15 td season anyway. :good:

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

We've also got one of the most (if not the most) accurate QBs in the league. It would be nice, if AJ & Schaub are at that level (in sync) enough to add that to their repertoire. If you think AJ is unstoppable now,....

3. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

I'm not sure what game you are watching Schaub has horrible down the field accuracy, receivers are always having to make bad adjustments which means the DB catches up to them and makes the tackle..

4. D-Frank

D-Frank Veteran

you are talkin about schaubs deeep passes, yeah he cant throw as far as some qb's but we are talking about short intermediate routes, and he is very accurate

5. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Then I guess it's a good thing down field accuracy has no bearing if you're in the Red Zone.

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

And so some posters unknowingly show their football accumen.

And some show their lack of same. We're talking about backshoulder passes, and he's talking about downfield accuracy.

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I guess people will just repeat crap and it becomes true. Claiming Schaub has bad down field accuracy is a joke. Schaub had more long completions last year than all but one QB and that QB got many of his long completions through YAC.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I didn't argue that. He "qualified" his statement saying the WR had to adjust extensively. That's another argument that would have had no end.

9. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

ya schaub is very good down the field- he does underthrow sometimes but its usually to protect the wr. when does he overthrow a wide open wr like some big armed qbs do though? the guys that criticise schaub never remember those throws from other qbs though

10. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

They ran one successfully the year before against the Bears. They tried one last season against the Patriots but AJ got jammed at the line and the play was blown up.

11. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Warner?

12. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Romo actually - by one pass.