Babin Q&A

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by infantrycak, Apr 29, 2004.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

How do you think the adjustment is going to be from a small school like Western Michigan to a huge city like Houston?

I don't think it is going to be too much of an adjustment. I'm able to adjust to things pretty well. I have been to Houston before with my roommate, who is from Austin. It isn't that far of a drive so one weekend we drove over to Houston.

How do you think your 4.6 speed will translate in switching to linebacker from defensive end?

I think that was one of the reasons they thought I could do that, because of how well I could run and my 40 time. They thought I could make an impact. My junior year in college my position is sort of what Houston is asking me to play. I had some linebacker stuff and played some defensive line stuff. It is not too much of a stretch for me.

What do you think about the trade up with Houston's division rivals in the Titans?

It is pretty interesting, actually. I am not that familiar with the rivalry and why they are such rivals, I know it is though. It is pretty interesting, I'd like to see what happens and people are going to be talking about it.

Charley Casserly is notable for loving draft picks and he gave up three for you, does that motivate you to play harder?

I'm going to play no matter if I got picked first round or third round, whatever. I'm going to play my butt off and work my butt off no matter what.

Did you know the Texans were interested in you?

I knew they were interested in me since they are a 3-4 team and I fit the profile for the type of player that is most suited for their system.

Link

2. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

I particularly like the 260lbs running a 4.6 40. Tell me that is not scary. He may not get the target evertime, but when he gets a direct hit the other guy will be in trouble.

3. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

For a look back, from ProFootballWeekly before the last draft:

4. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

I read somewhere, I think NFL.com, that Babin shed 20 pounds before the draft and the 40 times might be a little decieving because he played at 280 last year and not 260. I dont think it will be much of a problem to keep the weight off.

5. BigTex

BigTex Rookie

Listening to babin and reading about him makes me think he will do WHATEVER to help out The Texans Org. I think he will have no problem what so ever playing at 240 I think he could be Defensive Rookie Of The Year. I know that is a stretch saying at this point but hey DC & CC said they found more in him then they did in Terell Suggs? So makes me wonder what this kid can do :banana:

6. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

im hoping Babin and Peek will be our OLBs this season.

7. clandestin

clandestin Veteran

me too, I really like the idea of having a peek/babin combo on the field to bring the pass rush. I was struck by peek's raw athleticism last year, this year I hope to see some refinement and technique to go along with that athleticism. I think peek's quickness may allow him to play at LOLB where he would have more coverage responsibilities then if he played on the right side. I think he's a much more natural pass rusher then Wong, but he'll have to prove he can support the run and defend the pass in order to take wong's spot at ROLB.

8. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Babain and Peek would be great!

9. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

Personally, I would as of right now start Peek, Sharper,Coleman, Babin.
    I have never been a fan of Wong. Reason is that he is an ok player, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but he doesnt make many big plays either. Peek may miss a tackle now and again, but he is more likely to make a big play.

10. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

(I think you mean Foreman) I would love that!!! Pass rushers in Peek and Babin would be great. I would use Wong as the backup at all 4 spots. I think Sharper was on the field way to much last year.

11. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

then we're all in agreement

12. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

Yeah I do, its been a long day. Thx for the correction :)

13. trutexan67

trutexan67 Rookie

I think Jason Babin will start from day 1.

14. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

i think the job is his to lose.

15. sctx109

sctx109 Rookie

It is scary to think about the athleticism that we will have when Babin and Peek are both starting at the OLB spots. I think that will solve any pass rushing problems, and fix any seemingly gaping holes in the secondary.

16. 777texans

777texans Rookie

Babin sounds great to me after reading that article! He's gona be great this year!

17. AlexVanderpool

AlexVanderpool Veteran

Peek and Babin are our "Lathon & Greene"...An avg of 15 sacks per? i can live with that... :D

I hope that Walker, Payne and Smith can remain healthy throughout the season... It is their ability to attract double-teams that will allow peek and babin to shine and reak havoc on opposing QBs and ball carriers.

18. 777texans

777texans Rookie

I sure hope so!!!! :) He's my favorite rookie player.

19. Blake

Blake MMQB

Same here. For some reason im drawn to like him.

20. texans

texans Veteran

Im prety sure thell start sciense we cut charlie today and will probly move wong inside