Awesome idea!

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by mootini, Jul 25, 2012.

1. mootini

mootini 1stdown!!!!!

Khan is a smart businessman! I know this will save me some money on game day! I think this idea should go NFL wide! Whatcha think? http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/7/25/3186454/jaguars-fan-food-policy

Jaguars To Announce Policy Allowing Fans To Bring In Food
    by Alfie Crow on Jul 25, 2012 1:09 PM EDT in Jacksonville Jaguars News

23 comments Email Print.The Jacksonville Jaguars have made plenty of efforts to get fans into seats under the new leadership of team president Mark Lamping. Lamping is being tasked with continuing to build upon the efforts of groups like Touchdown Jacksonville and Team Teal the past two years. One point of interest from John Oehser's O-Zone on Wednesday, his daily column answering fan questions, was a nugget on a new policy allowing fans to bring food into the stadium.

So, what is the new policy? It's this:

FOOD POLICY
    Food is permitted inside EverBank Field for Jacksonville Jaguars home games provided that it is unwrapped and placed inside a one gallon clear plastic bag no larger than 11" x 11" (standard freezer bag).

All food items are subject to visual inspection and may be subject to a more thorough inspection if deemed necessary. Stadium security and the Jacksonville Jaguars reserve the right to deny any food item from entering the gates. No outside liquids or beverages will be permitted to enter EverBank Field. If food or beverage is required for medical purposes, please contact the Jaguars Fan Services Department at (904) 633-2000 (option ‘1').

No, you won't be able to bring in your own beer. While the team might lose some money on concessions with the policy, I'd imagine the meat of the profit is from good ol' beer.

2. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

With the tailgating we do, I don't eat much once the game starts!

3. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Pretty much.

Plus, the big money is in the soda and beer sales, which they don't allow in.
    Considering how Jacksonville has struggled with ticket sales, this is a good step to get families to come to the games, assuming they haven't priced them out.

4. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Yep, with tailgating I never order food inside the stadium. I would think this would apply even more so with east coast teams with 1PM kickoffs who have an extra hour to tailgate. I don't even eat between 1-5 at my house.

So far I have seen the Bucs making the best concessions. They have dropped their ticket prices which is the best thing any team can do. For the opening game parking is free and ALL concessions (minus alcohol) is 1/2 off.

I prefer half off sodas because I always need something to mix with the whisky I always sneak in.

That all being said, it's a positive gesture especially for people with kids that always want something.

It looks like some owners are starting to get the point. I am glad that 2 of those teams are in the state that I now reside in ... and the 3rd team (Miami) is too far for me to care.

5. GP

GP Go Texans!

Oh, I thought you were going to say that Khan announced that he's allowing fans to bring their own tarps into the stadium.

But the food idea is a good idea, too.

Sorry, it was just sitting there..,practically begging to be posted. I beat Dutchrudder to it.

gwallaia likes this.
  6. GP

GP Go Texans!

Astros also are allowing fans to bring in food right?

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

[​IMG] Apparently a group owned by William Shatner was doing the concessions there.

8. Blake

Blake MMQB

Almost as awesome as pissing off your only star and best player over a couple million.

Sounds to me like he is in a no spend mode, while working out the move to LA. But thats just me.

9. Cerberus

Cerberus Hall of Fame

You mean the star player that has 2 years remaining on his contract? I think Khan is playing this one right. It isn't like the Jags are going to be any good anyway.

10. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I wouldn't like it much if we did it here. Do you really think fans are gonna throw PLASTIC baggies in the trash? What if there is no limit to how many baggies a person can bring in. Just sounds nasty to me.

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Gonna be lots of heavily spiked, little orange juice containers.