Awesome article on Mario Williams character.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Janus3, May 6, 2006.

1. Janus3

Janus3 Veteran

if this is a repost, my apologies, but it is a good read.

at the bottom

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/texans/2006-04-30-williams-pledge_x.htm

2. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

mario is the legit im for 1 am glad we chose him regardless of how talented bush is but neva forgetting what RAY LEWIS said in 2000 "DEFENCE WINZ CHAMPIONSHIP"

3. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

It is a nice post. But yes it has been posted a several days ago.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Not to be a stick in the mud, but offering to take care of your sister and give up football.....well, lets just say it isn't on par with the DeMeco Ryans gestures. I hope he isn't looking to get paid and then ditch us.

Had to edit this, cause I wrote it in a bad mood. I think the offer, if as genuine as the sportswriters are making it out to be, is pretty awesome. It takes a lot of guts to give up something you love and sacrifice for another person. That being said, when I hear about the type of charity that players have actually accomplished, like DeMeco Ryans and his hurricane relief efforts, for example, I can't help but feel that they really went way above and beyond anyone else.

5. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

Seems this event took place some 3 yrs ago. If he was going to quit football and take care of his sister he would have done so long before now. He and his sister are set for life because of football. I wish him all the best and many Pro-Bowls. Go Texans!

6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

What his sister needs him to do is make money and now he's doing it (to say the least).

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

What I meant by this was, his sister said stick with football until you make the big bucks (signs an NFL contract with guaranteed money). Now that he's done that, I was hoping he wasn't going to ditch us and take his guaranteed money and leave. It wasn't meant to be sarcastic, but please don't take it literally either. I know he's not just going to walk away (plus you can't, as R. Williams showed). Anyway, dumb post, all future readers please disregard everything I've said in this thread :hides:

8. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

A time or two I have tried to say something and people understood what I was trying to say, but it certainly didn't come out right. I can certainly understand the frustration, because once its posted its out there for everyone to see.

9. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

What a truly wonderful story. I hope he plays well and I wish his sister the best.